ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Thomas Beyl with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Gotta love Santa Cruz. . . . Return to archive
7th September 2007 04:11 PM
monkey_man Man calls the cops in Santa Cruz after buyers steal his weed
Marisa Lagos, Chronicle Staff Writer

http://sfgate.com/flat/archive/2007/09/07/chronicle/archive/2007/09/07/MNAQS18VQ.html

Friday, September 7, 2007

(09-07) 12:20 PDT SANTA CRUZ - A Felton man trying to sell a quarter-pound of marijuana in downtown Santa Cruz called police after his customers stole his pot at gunpoint, authorities said today.

Santa Cruz police spokesman Zach Friend said the 19-year-old man was sitting in his car with the marijuana on his lap, waiting for his prearranged buyers, around 8:10 p.m. Tuesday when the two male suspects approached. One of the men pulled out a handgun and demanded the marijuana, investigators said.

The man handed over the drugs and called police.

Friend acknowledged it wasn't the sort of call officers get every day.

"Understandably, he was pretty scared," Friend said. "His initial reaction was to call police, not really thinking about the fact that he was trying to sell a quarter-pound of weed. As the interview progressed he did express some regrets about having called us."

The robbery victim first told police he got the drugs from a medical marijuana dispensary but then said it came from a friend, whose name he could not remember.

Friend said the man didn't appear to be stoned.

"He didn't get a chance (to smoke)," he said.

Two people matching the suspects' description were stopped by police shortly after the robbery but the victim couldn't, or wouldn't, identify them, said Friend.

"I think he wanted to cut his losses at that point," he said. "I think he may have learned an important lesson."

The man was not arrested.
7th September 2007 04:17 PM
Saint Sway I always love hearing these updates about Tele
Joey
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
"I think he wanted to cut his losses at that point," he said. "I think he may have learned an important lesson."

The man was not arrested.

Lovely .

'kins , Est . 1999

pdog good weed goes for thousands a pound... I'd rob the asshole too!
7th September 2007 07:53 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
pdog wrote:
good weed goes for thousands a pound... I'd rob the asshole too!

Thanks for the warning. No ganja for pdog.
7th September 2007 07:58 PM
MrPleasant I haven't smoked pot in months.
7th September 2007 09:37 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
I haven't smoked pot in months.

Fidel!!

Come to Voodoo Mr. F... I just read your e-mail LOL seems you're drunker than me If you're going to shout to this city let's go get stoned
7th September 2007 09:51 PM
mrhipfl This reminds me of this one Cops episode where a woman called the cops on her neighbor for ripping her off in a coke deal. When asked about this, the neighbor replied, "what? I don't sell coke. I'm a prostitute!
8th September 2007 11:59 PM
sweetcharmedlife They take thier pot very seriously in Santa Cruz. As well they should.
9th September 2007 12:07 AM
MrPleasant
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

Fidel!!

Come to Voodoo Mr. F... I just read your e-mail LOL seems you're drunker than me If you're going to shout to this city let's go get stoned

I'll be there, I promise. No me rajo.

9th September 2007 01:25 PM
fireontheplatter what a funny story.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)