ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Thomas Beyl with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Some funny shit right here. . . . . Return to archive Page: 1 2
6th September 2007 01:06 PM
monkey_man Now I suppose they are on the express train to Gitmo now. . .

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sham motorcade passes by APEC security Thu Sep 6, 7:14 AM ET

Members of an Australian TV comedy show, one dressed as Osama bin Laden, drove through two security checkpoints Thursday before being stopped near the Sydney hotel where President Bush is staying.

The stunt embarrassed Sydney police who have imposed the tightest security measures in city history for a summit of leaders from Pacific Rim countries, including Bush.

Police arrested 11 cast and crew from the TV program, "The Chaser's War on Everything," and impounded three vehicles, the Australian Broadcasting Corp., which airs the show, said on its Web site.

Cast members put together a sham motorcade, hiring two motorcycles and three large cars on which they put Canadian flags. Police waved the motorcade through two checkpoints before pulling it over near the Intercontinental Hotel where Bush is staying.

Cast member Chas Licciardello got out of the car dressed in a white tunic and cap and wearing a long fake Osama bin Laden-style beard.

"No particular reason we chose Canada," cast member Chris Taylor was quoted as saying on The Sydney Morning Herald's Web site. "We just thought they'd be a country who the cops wouldn't scrutinize too closely, and who feasibly would only have three cars in their motorcade — as opposed to the 20 or so gas guzzlers that Bush has brought with him."

Bush is a frequent target of "the Chaser," as are Australian politicians. Foreign Minister Alexander Downer said the stunt proved security was working.

"Whatever you think of the humor of 'the Chaser,' the honest truth is they were clearly not going to harm anybody in a physical way," Downer said. "They presumably were, as is the nature of their show, aiming to humiliate a lot of well-known people."
6th September 2007 01:09 PM
pdog sounds like a good show and good people...
6th September 2007 01:09 PM
gimmekeef Oh...Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6th September 2007 01:20 PM
pdog Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
6th September 2007 01:41 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
pdog wrote:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Some good old Canadian beaver!
6th September 2007 02:37 PM
glencar Those "g'day mate!" folks better start doing their goddam jobs! Our President needs protection.
6th September 2007 02:39 PM
Joey

**** ABRUPT END TO TRANSMISSION ****
6th September 2007 02:42 PM
Saint Sway Joey, should I hit the Fashion Rocks show tonight at Radio City or the Mule concert tonight in Brooklyn?
6th September 2007 02:47 PM
glencar Fashion Rocks?
6th September 2007 02:52 PM
Saint Sway something with babes
6th September 2007 02:55 PM
glencar How close do you get?
6th September 2007 02:57 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
How close do you get?

usually just a kiss on the cheek and a "I'll call you"
6th September 2007 03:05 PM
glencar Sounds like Wildwood!
6th September 2007 03:06 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
Sounds like Wildwood!

lots of tamborines
6th September 2007 03:08 PM
glencar I was just looking at the photos on Shiddooobbbbeeee. Are you acceptable to them still? We should all go next year & see what it's all about.
6th September 2007 03:25 PM
Joey
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Joey, should I hit the Fashion Rocks show tonight at Radio City or the Mule concert tonight in Brooklyn?

Sway ............................

I saw Greg Allman , Warren Haynes & Co. last Friday Evening at The Stir Cove . BEST ALLMAN BROTHERS YET !!!

www.StirCove.com

The star of the show as far as I was concerned was a young man who goes by the name of Derek Trucks .

www.DerekTrucksband.com

YES !!!!!!

J. " Snuggles " Fly !
6th September 2007 03:31 PM
glencar Next you'll see alan parsons with the Omahahaha Symphony! Hot night
6th September 2007 03:31 PM
Joey " Next you'll see alan parsons with the Omahahaha Symphony! Hot night "

6th September 2007 03:34 PM
glencar Enjoy it with yer fave neighbor!
6th September 2007 03:36 PM
Joey " Enjoy it with yer fave neighbor! "

6th September 2007 03:38 PM
glencar I was thinking of 80 year old Gertie down the hall...
6th September 2007 03:39 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
I was just looking at the photos on Shiddooobbbbeeee. Are you acceptable to them still? We should all go next year & see what it's all about.

have you been smoking with Jade???

6th September 2007 03:39 PM
Joey " I was thinking of 80 year old Gertie down the hall..."

6th September 2007 03:41 PM
glencar Yeah that's her pussy!
6th September 2007 03:43 PM
Joey " Yeah that's her pussy! "

6th September 2007 03:46 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Joey wrote:

Sway ............................

I saw Greg Allman , Warren Haynes & Co. last Friday Evening at The Stir Cove . BEST ALLMAN BROTHERS YET !!!

www.StirCove.com

The star of the show as far as I was concerned was a young man who goes by the name of Derek Trucks .

www.DerekTrucksband.com

YES !!!!!!

J. " Snuggles " Fly !

Joey,

Gregg Allman sat in the same row with glencar and I at the Stones show in AC.

we were sitting on the b-stage and Chuck Leavell reprised an infamous Richie Cunningham scene from "Happy Days" and mouthed the words "I - LOVE - YOU" to Gregg
6th September 2007 03:48 PM
glencar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Joey,

Gregg Allman sat in the same row with glencar and I at the Stones show in AC.

we were sitting on the b-stage and Chuck Leavell reprised an infamous Richie Cunningham scene from "Happy Days" and mouthed the words "I - LOVE - YOU" to Gregg

Best show ever?
6th September 2007 03:54 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
Best show ever?

tight show. Load of fun.

but I gotta put the Beacon a mile ahead of it.

and quite a few others that I've been fortunate enough to hit...
Toronto club show... Roseland... Joint...
6th September 2007 04:01 PM
glencar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

tight show. Load of fun.

but I gotta put the Beacon a mile ahead of it.

and quite a few others that I've been fortunate enough to hit...
Toronto club show... Roseland... Joint...

I was at the Joint 2002 show & the AC hsow better was loads better. In fact, so was the MGM Grand show the next night. The Beacon was better but as far as arena shows go, AC was the best I've seen.
6th September 2007 04:17 PM
Saint Sway I was at that MGM show too.

so better than any MSG show?

I thought the Pepsi show was cool

Lov Cup in AC was probably the best they'll ever play it
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)