ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Thomas Beyl with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ronnie's new art Return to archive
5th September 2007 01:39 PM
speedfreakjive from BBC News.co.uk

contender for next header??

"Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood is something of a renaissance man, and a collection of his recent paintings are on display at a Belfast gallery until Saturday."

5th September 2007 01:41 PM
mrhipfl NICE! One day, when I have enough money, I'm gonna buy me one of his paintings. Does he ever paint anything other than the Stones, though?
5th September 2007 01:43 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
NICE! One day, when I have enough money, I'm gonna buy me one of his paintings. Does he ever paint anything other than the Stones, though?

i'm pretty sure, yes
5th September 2007 03:44 PM
jostorm Well, it's a harmless enough hobby, and it keeps him out of harm's way, which is a good thing, but to call it "art" is exaggerating. The new stuff is even pore appalling than the old shite. Were it not for his connection to the RS, it wouldn't sell at all...
5th September 2007 03:49 PM
steel driving hammer www.ronniewood.com
5th September 2007 04:25 PM
StonesRolling-65
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
NICE! One day, when I have enough money, I'm gonna buy me one of his paintings. Does he ever paint anything other than the Stones, though?

Here you have the 2 photos put together that "inspired" Ron.

All the Best!
[Edited by StonesRolling-65]
5th September 2007 04:43 PM
Gazza
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:

Mostly tigers and Bob Dylan, for some reason.....
5th September 2007 06:10 PM
oldkr actually his landscapes are considered world class. That is where his true talent lies. There appears to be critical consensus that his stones work is his worst and is purely awful. Brian Sewell (come on gazza - i know you love him really) was discussing ronnie's landscapes when he called him a respectable and accomplished painter.

OLDKR
5th September 2007 06:28 PM
fireontheplatter he is a very talanted artist. i enjoy the section off of abb dvd where and when he is painting the stage.

i can't paint a picture to save my life. but i am good at other things.
5th September 2007 06:49 PM
speedfreakjive look we should appreciate that the man has a secondary talent
5th September 2007 07:07 PM
Gazza
quote:
oldkr wrote:
actually his landscapes are considered world class. That is where his true talent lies. There appears to be critical consensus that his stones work is his worst and is purely awful. Brian Sewell (come on gazza - i know you love him really) was discussing ronnie's landscapes when he called him a respectable and accomplished painter.

OLDKR

Brian Sewell is a hoot, even if he doesnt mean to be.

I've no axe to grind re: Ronnie's artwork. I'm not in any way an art expert so aside from personal taste (some of his work I like, some I don't care for), its not for me to say whether he's good, bad or average.

5th September 2007 08:01 PM
guitarman53 Ron is a very talented artist, I've seen his other art of Rock stars.
6th September 2007 12:10 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
jostorm wrote:
Well, it's a harmless enough hobby, and it keeps him out of harm's way, which is a good thing, but to call it "art" is exaggerating. The new stuff is even pore appalling than the old shite. Were it not for his connection to the RS, it wouldn't sell at all...

totally agree jo - tho i haven't seen any of his landscapes which oldkr has referred to

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
6th September 2007 04:46 AM
jostorm
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

totally agree jo - tho i haven't seen any of his landscapes which oldkr has referred to

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]

hm, landscapes??? I haven't seen those, either, perhaps I should wait before judging too harshly.... But depicting people and animals I personally think he is (at most) very mediocre, and that's being kind...I must admit that I did like the one tryptich of celebrities he once painted as a commission for one of London's private clubs, though , but I would not want to live with any of his paintings hanging on my walls at home.
6th September 2007 04:58 AM
Ade Overpriced and not to my taste
6th September 2007 05:01 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Ade wrote:
Overpriced and not to my taste

they are a bit too angular for my liking
6th September 2007 09:27 AM
Mr Jurkka Darryl looks like school boy.
6th September 2007 06:33 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

is it Mick Jagger? Or is it Nate Schweber?

The New Heathens ~ www.newheathens.com
7th September 2007 12:00 AM
oldkr after defending ronnies other work I have to say his new one is shit! i told his buyer in vegas that the hendrix one was shit as well too dark- without sending a melancholy message, terrible composition, rushed strokes etc- i told her she'd have better luck moving his stones stuff away from the kruger they hang there!!!

And yes Gazza, Brian Sewell is fantastic; a twat but a fantastic twat!

OLDKR
7th September 2007 12:09 PM
jb I liked the stuff he had on display the opening days before ABB tour started in Boston. Some of the ban d where so fabulous. I don't recall, however, and maybe oldkr can help, has Ronnie ever painted the band with during the Taylor era with Taylor on guitar? I would pay a handsome price for something as unique as that.
7th September 2007 12:59 PM
Jumping Jack
7th September 2007 01:02 PM
jb
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:

Nice!!!! The greatest guitarist teaching Hendrix a few licks...
7th September 2007 01:16 PM
Jumping Jack Two great artists!!!
7th September 2007 09:33 PM
Lord (Hetero) I can't take him serious as a painter. Like someone said, if he were not a Stone this would be not even considered once for anything else than someone's background on a RS website. And if landscapes are his forte..is that really a good thing??
PS he took about a good 75 lbs off DJ in the background.
7th September 2007 09:36 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
jb wrote:

Nice!!!! The greatest guitarist teaching Hendrix a few licks...

HA! Yeah, right...
Nobody's better than Hendrix.
Nobody.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)