ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Thomas Beyl with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Whoopi's View Return to archive Page: 1 2
4th September 2007 04:55 PM
gimmekeef She put her tinkertoy braids right into this one.:

Goldberg defends Vick in `View' debut
Today at 11:34 am

So much for the sedate alternative to Rosie O'Donnell on "The View."

Whoopi Goldberg used her first day on the daytime chat show Tuesday to defend football star Michael Vick in his dogfighting case.

Goldberg said that "from where he comes from" in the South, dogfighting isn't that unusual.

"It's like cockfighting in Puerto Rico," she said. "There are certain things that are indicative to certain parts of the country."

The Atlanta Falcons quarterback pleaded guilty to federal dogfighting charges last week, admitting that he provided money for a dogfighting ring that operated on his Virginia property and helped kill six or eight pit bulls. Vick grew up in Newport News, Va.

Goldberg was selected by series creator Barbara Walters to replace O'Donnell, whose stormy tenure on the ABC program lasted less than a year.

In the Vick discussion, Goldberg served notice that she won't shy away from controversy.

Co-host Joy Behar looked horrified at Goldberg.

"How about dog torture and dog murdering?" Behar asked.

For many people, dogs are sport, Goldberg replied, and it appeared it took awhile for Vick to realize that he was up against serious charges.

"I just thought it was interesting, because it seemed like a light went off in his head when he realized this was something that the entire country didn't appreciate," she said.

Vick has been suspended indefinitely by the National Football League and will be sentenced on the dogfighting charges in December. He apologized and asked for forgiveness upon entering his plea in federal court last week.

4th September 2007 05:03 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Whoopi Goldberg used her first day on the daytime chat show Tuesday to defend football star Michael Vick in his dogfighting case.

Goldberg said that "from where he comes from" in the South, dogfighting isn't that unusual.

"It's like cockfighting in Puerto Rico," she said. "There are certain things that are indicative to certain parts of the country."

hey Whoopi,

the KKK is still indicative of certain parts of the South.

but I'm sure you wouldnt allow anyone to hold that as an excuse to say that makes what the Klan does as OK
4th September 2007 05:09 PM
guitarman53 Who Gives a sweet fuck! (in Johnny rotten's words)
4th September 2007 05:11 PM
steel driving hammer Since there's a spot open now on The View, maybe Hillary Clinton can join!

That Was Good Ronnie!
4th September 2007 05:23 PM
guitarman53 As if her views depends on the fucking world!! Rosie O'Donnell at least was open & controversial, I'd rather have her on there, then a sucking ass like her, I don't fucking care if she came from a black skin race! that's all she ever talks about! get the lesbian skinned America back on there!! I'm sick & tired buy this black race thing!
4th September 2007 06:25 PM
sirmoonie Its them damn PRs with all their goddam cockfighting!
4th September 2007 06:27 PM
fireontheplatter i like whoppi, but i cannot watch this show because i can't stand to look and listen to that small mouthed barbra walters.
4th September 2007 07:38 PM
Some Guy I do not particularly care for Joey Harrington.
4th September 2007 08:06 PM
glencar Whoopi needs to say crap like that in order to keep the ratings up.
4th September 2007 08:53 PM
Lethargy I'm torn as to who is the dumbest woman in America: Sheryl Crow or Whoopi.
4th September 2007 08:59 PM
glencar I'd say the 1 square for women in the toilet takes the, er, cake!
4th September 2007 09:04 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Lethargy wrote:
I'm torn as to who is the dumbest woman in America: Sheryl Crow or Whoopi.

Please don't discount the utter idiocy of Rosie! She get's my vote every time.

Riffy
4th September 2007 10:17 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I do not particularly care for Joey Harrington.

SAY WHAT???

Go Ducks!
4th September 2007 10:35 PM
gypsy
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

So is fucking your sister, but that doesn't make it okay.
5th September 2007 05:22 AM
corgi37 Shit. Wait till i tell my sister!
5th September 2007 04:58 PM
robpop
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I do not particularly care for Joey Harrington.

Kill deer, not dogs.

5th September 2007 05:14 PM
pdog I always enjoyed feeding mice to friends snakes... I'm sure there's people who feel this is wrong, someone will always think something you do is wrong, if you don't beleive me, try living in SF.
You know what they do with dogs rescued from fighting circuits? They kill them, kinda ironic!
5th September 2007 07:14 PM
WhenTheWhipComesDown Never watched the show, and don't plan to. Whoopi is not
correct about the dogfighting or cockfighting. It goes where
the money and interest are. People who are cruel to animals
often escalate to cruelty to people. The person who made the
remark about the KKK is absolutely right.
5th September 2007 07:17 PM
gypsy
quote:
pdog wrote:
You know what they do with dogs rescued from fighting circuits? They kill them, kinda ironic!

Yeah, it's called euthanasia...and it's a whole hell of a lot kinder than, oh, I don't know, drowning or electrocuting a dog to death.
5th September 2007 07:21 PM
gimmekeef Why does she seem to get a pass for this?...There is no excuse possible for cruelty ....EVER
5th September 2007 07:37 PM
Boss
quote:
Lethargy wrote:
I'm torn as to who is the dumbest woman in America: Sheryl Crow or Whoopi.

Adam's apple and shoulders above the rest, Ann Coulter...A total idiot and hypocrite.
5th September 2007 07:46 PM
gorda There's this Mexican movie called "AMORES PERROS" and it depicts dog fights. I particularly remember this one scene in the movie where they are removing a bloody dead dog from the the swimming pool. I almost vomited. It almost made me want to join PETA. (But, I would feel like such a hyprocite, because I do enjoy eating meat! Hamburgers, fried chicken, tacos, menudo, etc. But, I know that I would probably not eat meat, if I had to actually kill the animal myself!)
5th September 2007 07:54 PM
killerbitch Michael Vick knew damn well what he was doing was extremely
cruel, evil and didn't give a flying fuck. The only thing
that shitheaded monster from Hell was concerned about was
making money off of defenseless dogs. He has been known to
beat the hell out of his ex-girlfriends. He isn't worth
the powder to blow his sadistic, deranged maniacal ass to
hell with!!! The only place his life is going to is straight
down to the bottom of the food chain. Maybe someone will
chop him up in little pieces and feed them to the sharks.
FUCK OFF AND DIE VICK!!
5th September 2007 08:05 PM
robpop
quote:
killerbitch wrote:
Michael Vick knew damn well what he was doing was extremely
cruel, evil and didn't give a flying fuck. The only thing
that shitheaded monster from Hell was concerned about was
making money off of defenseless dogs. He has been known to
beat the hell out of his ex-girlfriends. He isn't worth
the powder to blow his sadistic, deranged maniacal ass to
hell with!!! The only place his life is going to is straight
down to the bottom of the food chain. Maybe someone will
chop him up in little pieces and feed them to the sharks.
FUCK OFF AND DIE VICK!!

See my kill deer not dogs post above. (By the way I do go hunting and enjoy it so I'm not looking for an arguement just puting this out there)

That is a photo of Steve Bartkowski who was a quaterback for the Falcons (Same team, same postion as Vick). He now has a TV show in which he shoots animals on TV, and he is paid for it.

FYI I watch his show from time to time.
[Edited by robpop]
5th September 2007 09:48 PM
killerbitch I was married to a hunter/fisherman. The guy did it to
help his family out. The guy followed all the regulations
and rules of hunting whenever he went. There is a right
and wrong way to hunt. I meant nothing against a person
who abides by the laws. I am pissed at Michael Vick and
people like him. Vick is not human.
6th September 2007 12:06 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Apart from everything else, she's murdering the language. "Indicative?" I don't think so.
6th September 2007 02:09 AM
pdog
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Yeah, it's called euthanasia...and it's a whole hell of a lot kinder than, oh, I don't know, drowning or electrocuting a dog to death.

I'm not debating cruelty, I didn't even allude to that, I just pointed out the irony. I'm familiar with euthanasia, shit, there's about 200 million people I'd like to try it on... I'll use the bodies as dog food.
6th September 2007 06:39 AM
Factory Girl Next the View will be discussing cock-fighting with Larry Craig as the guest host.
6th September 2007 06:39 AM
Factory Girl Next the View will be discussing cock-fighting with Larry Craig as the guest host.
6th September 2007 07:52 AM
Shawn20 To pass dog-fighting off as a form of southern culture is insane. The people most active in dog-fighting that I know come from the northeast and happen to be very, very white.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)