ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Thomas Beyl with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 'Stoned' - Brian Jones biopic to be televised in UK on 3/9/07 Return to archive Page: 1 2
3rd September 2007 09:09 PM
GhostofBrianJones Thanks Gazza for your reply I was not aware of that. I always felt our humor
was too strange--even for us Americans!! LOL!!

To be honest I am on the fence about that movie. I don't know what I think.
Guess I should see it first before I say anymore!!
3rd September 2007 09:14 PM
Wide As The Clyde I don't think it's worth us falling out over, BriansBabe! I didn't mean to be picky. Sorry!
3rd September 2007 09:20 PM
GhostofBrianJones

To Gazza: Speaking of George Carlin I love the 7 words we in the US cannot
say on television. I think you probably know them, right? Everytime he does
that routine I about fall out laughing, he is so damn silly!

Anyone know what the 7 words are?
[Edited by GhostofBrianJones]
3rd September 2007 09:44 PM
Wide As The Clyde I don't! Tell us....
4th September 2007 03:42 AM
GhostofBrianJones Shit, piss, cocksucker,fuck,motherfucker, tits, and cock I think. Not sure about
the last one. He goes into the word tits and starts his Tater Tits routine.
It is hilarious.
4th September 2007 07:10 AM
Gazza
quote:
GhostofBrianJones wrote:
Shit, piss, cocksucker,fuck,motherfucker, tits, and cock I think. Not sure about
It is hilarious.

'Piss' is banned ?? Surely you 'cunt' be serious..

Ooops
4th September 2007 11:04 AM
guitarman53 I saw the movie a while back, when it first got released on DVD, I downloaded it, I still have it, I may watch it again, the guy playing Keith, looks somewhat like him, but Mick & Charlie?? I noticed too there's no Stones songs in it except covers they did like "Little Red Rooster", so I guess they couldn't get approval from them to use their songs, a movie about the Stones without their music doesn't really do anything for me.
4th September 2007 11:29 AM
GhostofBrianJones Gazza, maybe "cunt" is one of them, I can't remember. I remember piss was.
He would start with Shit, piss, motherfucker, cocksucker, and end with teats.
The way he would say it was so darn funny! I have downloaded some of his
stuff from a site.

I remember he would be talking about his Catholic upbringing and was
explaining that he lost his keys. Then he prayed to St Anthony to help him
find them. He said when you pray to St Anthony you have to do a favor for
him in return. Well he is going "St Anthony please help me find my keys"
several times, in that weird voice he uses, and I am dying laughing. I have
three of his albums and they are so funny they almost get me crying.
He went to Julliard but I don't remember what for.
4th September 2007 03:08 PM
BriansBabe
quote:
Wide As The Clyde wrote:
I don't think it's worth us falling out over, BriansBabe! I didn't mean to be picky. Sorry!

Hey honey, falling out?? No way!!! This confusion was really funny
...I like that kind of humor...
4th September 2007 03:32 PM
BriansBabe
quote:
GhostofBrianJones wrote:
Shit, piss, cocksucker,fuck,motherfucker, tits, and cock I think. Not sure about
It is hilarious.

Hey dear Linda, I never heard such words from you and it makes that thing even more funny ...LOL

I must say, I love this thread...
Please go on..
4th September 2007 05:53 PM
Gazza
quote:
GhostofBrianJones wrote:
Gazza, maybe "cunt" is one of them, I can't remember.

It would be, as in terms of media censorship it's regarded as the most offensive word you can say.

This wikipedia entry makes funny reading. Especially the examples given for modern usage :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cunt#Usage:_modern

the 'Seven Dirty Words' piece by Carlin has it's own entry, which also shows the conditions the words in question are allowed on TV in the US :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_dirty_words

I'm absolutely amazed that 'piss' is considered a swearword worthy of being banned.

Even more bizarre is the fact that 'cocksucker' is deemed offensive, but 'cock' (when used to refer to genitalia) isn't. Presumably its OK to have a 'cock' as long as you dont let anyone's mouth anywhere near it!
[Edited by Gazza]
4th September 2007 09:03 PM
GhostofBrianJones I think by now piss is acceptable. But the rest have yet to
be accepted on regular TV. I know they can say pissant. I don't talk like
that I did at one time but had to stop because I was getting
carried away. Potty Mouth they used to call people like
that. They are just words but the censors feel we should
not say them on regular television yet.

George talks about Tater Teats, Onion Teats, Cheese Teats
it is hysterical!! Of course that is only part of the
crazy routine.
5th September 2007 02:37 AM
Honky Tonk Man I watched the first hour or so. What a load of rubbish! It just looked like a made-for-TV ITV drama. It just seemed cheaply put together and unbelievable. I really didn’t warm to the Brian character and the way he spoke grated on my nerves after a while.

Anyone have a completely different view?

5th September 2007 10:10 AM
Wide As The Clyde When the late, great Lenny Bruce was nicked and put on trial for 'public obscenity', after using the word "cocksucker" in his act, he was amazed when the word was uttered more than 30 times, mostly by the judge, at the trial. He later commented that if he'd been pulled for firing a gun in public, could he have expected the trial judge to fire a gun 30 times in the courtroom? He drew the conclusions that a) firing guns in public is quite rightly illegal; because it's very dangerous, and b) use of the word "cocksucker" is dangerous in a nightclub, but safe in a courtroom.

Judges, man? They fuckin' invented it. (Well, I think they came up with the idea. It was probably the clergy that hammered out the practicalities. Shower of fucking cunts that they are.)

*These and other useful teaching aids can be found in the "Fraggle Rock Learning Module: Look, mommy! I'm fucking swearing!" Free to schools and colleges.
[Edited by Wide As The Clyde]
5th September 2007 05:21 PM
BriansBabe Here in Germany it´s absolutly unbelievable that just one word is banned on TV. Maybe the reason why they´re used only very rarely is because it´s not forbidden, so loose the attraction.
7th September 2007 08:27 AM
Anna i watched the film yesterday (thanks to riccardo, he sended it to me) and i don't really know what i think about it...it's a little bit confusing... and i thought that Anita will play more...
i agree, it's too short to show his life, his career.i would care his career, his childhood too.
this film is just a very little part of his life. it's just about of his death...
8th September 2007 05:45 PM
Wide As The Clyde To be fair, the film makes no claim to depict Brian's whole life or whole career; only the couple of months before his death. Basically the time he spent living at Cotchford. The 'flashbacks' to Brian's schooldays and to the commencement of The Stones' career are included to place the main events in the film in some kind of context.
8th September 2007 10:32 PM
GhostofBrianJones If Mr Woolley had been able to get the backing and help he needed maybe
the movie would have been better. Someone with the talent like Johnny
Depp (as an example) would have brought out the emotional sides of Brian
better. Just from watching videos of the movie and then watching Brian
himself talk to me there is a huge difference in the way his part was played.
I thought the script lent itself to being rather flat, and unaffected. Almost
too wooden. But I think Leo is a great actor he just did not have a lot to
work with I guess. Brian spoke eloquently, quietly and soft for the most part,
but you could tell there was a lot of fire, passion, intensity and drive
going on inside him. There was a simmering pot of emotions going on inside
him, that somehow came through no matter what he said. He was very
dedicated, motivated, and musically brilliant, and he knew (when he was
clean and sober like anyone) exactly what he was doing, what he wanted,
and where he wanted to go with his ideas. He was like that all of his life,
despite his faults, and bickerings with his band, he remained true to his
ideas, beliefs and goals.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)