ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Thomas Beyl with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: UNITED STATES tour?? Return to archive Page: 1 2
30th August 2007 05:50 PM
vanhalen7575 i know they where here for "a bigger bang tour" in '05-'06 but does anyone know when they will be back?? more specifically, california?

also, are there any stones books you guys would recomend?
30th August 2007 06:00 PM
Dan Maybe next year, or maybe not.
30th August 2007 06:34 PM
mrhipfl rumour has it they'll be back in '08. For a good coffee table book, get "Rolling With The Stones"

and since you're new here, lemme just tell ya not to take anything coming from Saint Sway about Van Halen too seriously.
31st August 2007 03:54 AM
bilsim The Rolling Stones Off The Record, although all the stuff in it is very much ON the record, it's a great pick up and put down book, some cracking quotes in there. I'd also recommend The Rolling Stones: A Life on the Road, that's a gooden. Hope that helps.
31st August 2007 08:58 AM
Mr Jurkka I hope they come back with New album, New stage and Fresh Keith.
31st August 2007 10:19 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Mr Jurkka wrote:
I hope they come back with New album, New stage and Fresh Keith.

dont expect a new album, and what difference does the stage make at this point to us (true stones fans)? I'd rather see a sober Keith (not likely) and a varied setlist (less likely).
2nd September 2007 04:26 PM
TomL see a sober Keith (not likely) and a varied setlist (less likely).

Thats the key Pug. I would like to see a Blues night. F the warhorses.
2nd September 2007 04:44 PM
_Boomy_ Won't happen, but I'd like to see small venue shows, even if that does mean smaller arenas.

An ampitheatre wouldn't be that bad, either.
[Edited by _Boomy_]
2nd September 2007 07:32 PM
Joey " ... an ampitheatre wouldn't be that bad, either. "

2nd September 2007 08:30 PM
_Boomy_
quote:
Joey wrote:
" ... an ampitheatre wouldn't be that bad, either. "

That's where The Who always play.
3rd September 2007 06:46 AM
corgi37 Christ you Yanks are fucking greedy. They toured your land twice on this tour. And 99% of you moaned about boring set lists.

Well, i've had it. Just for that, we are giving you George Bush back when he's little meeting down here is finished. We'd get no ransom anyway.

Yeah, fuck ya's. And he can take our Prime Minister with him.
3rd September 2007 09:22 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Christ you Yanks are fucking greedy. They toured your land twice on this tour. And 99% of you moaned about boring set lists.

Well, i've had it. Just for that, we are giving you George Bush back when he's little meeting down here is finished. We'd get no ransom anyway.

I like your prime minister!
3rd September 2007 10:16 AM
gimmekeef Everyone is sleeping
3rd September 2007 11:46 AM
Mr Jurkka
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

and what difference does the stage make at this point to us (true stones fans)?

Well some new things when they come back.. And change the tour name would be good.. i have a bad memory from "Bigger Bang"

4th September 2007 10:48 AM
Joey " .. we are giving you George Bush back when he's little meeting down here is finished. "

4th September 2007 12:31 PM
Dan I hate amphitheatre shows. They are usually in residential neighborhoods with noise restrictions. Also as far as the lawn goes - the Stones usually don't make that many lower priced tickets available.
4th September 2007 02:39 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
vanhalen7575 wrote:
i know they where here for "a bigger bang tour" in '05-'06 but does anyone know when they will be back??

my inside sources have told me that promoters are already in solid negotions with the Stones to have them fill in all the remaining open arena dates once the Van Halen tour self-implodes (see: Week 2, day 3)
4th September 2007 02:40 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

my inside sources have told me that promoters are already in solid negotions with the Stones to have them fill in all the remaining open arena dates once the Van Halen tour self-implodes (see: Week 2, day 3)

dude
4th September 2007 02:56 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

dude

um.. dude?.... v

no, really... DUDE.... v

WTF? DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... v

look, dude...

you know...

just no chance, dude... v

I'm just sayin dude...

[Edited by Saint Sway]
4th September 2007 03:19 PM
Some Guy In 1977, future "Family Jewels" reality series star Gene Simmons saw one of Van Halen's shows and financed their first demo tape. Simmons supposedly wanted to change the band's name to "Daddy Longlegs" and had even designed possible album cover art depicting a daddy longlegs wearing a top hat. Realizing the name was ultra lame, the band stuck with the Van Halen moniker.
4th September 2007 03:22 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Realizing the name was ultra lame, the band stuck with the Van Halen moniker.

4th September 2007 03:24 PM
Some Guy Eddie pissed off Kurt Cobain. Before a December 1993 Nirvana show in Los Angeles, Eddie Van Halen was seen and heard backstage begging Kurt Cobain if he could jam with the grunge band that night. Annoyed, Cobain replied, "No, you can't play with us. We don't have any extra guitars." Persisting on, the heavily intoxicated Van Halen, who was on his knees, shouted out, "Well, let me play the Mexican's (referring to Nirvana touring guitarist Pat Smear) guitar. What is he, is he Mexican? Is he black?" Seeing all this, filmmaker Dave Markey, who was videotaping the show that night, turned off his camera in pity of the inebriated Van Halen, thus saving future generations from witnessing this fiasco on youtube.
4th September 2007 03:25 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
In 1977, future "Family Jewels" reality series star Gene Simmons saw one of Van Halen's shows and financed their first demo tape. Simmons supposedly wanted to change the band's name to "Daddy Longlegs" and had even designed possible album cover art depicting a daddy longlegs wearing a top hat. Realizing the name was ultra lame, the band stuck with the Van Halen moniker.

I actually have a dcent boot of VH playing a high school dance in Pasedena 1975.....Maybe they should have gone full circle this time and reverted back to high school dances.....
4th September 2007 03:28 PM
Some Guy David Lee Roth is a trained paramedic having been on hundreds of individual ambulance rides in New York City. He once even saved the life of a Bronx woman who had a heart attack by shocking her back to life with a defibrillator.
4th September 2007 03:30 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
David Lee Roth is a trained paramedic having been on hundreds of individual ambulance rides in New York City. He once even saved the life of a Bronx woman who had a heart attack by shocking her back to life with a defibrillator.

Sure that wasnt a vibrator?
4th September 2007 03:32 PM
Some Guy Sticking with the KISS theme, according to Gene Simmons, Eddie Van Halen reportedly approached the bassist in the early eighties about the possibility of joining KISS as their new guitarist, replacing a strung out Ace Frehley. Simmons ultimately convinced Eddie to stay with Van Halen while KISS decided to go with Vinnie Vincent (yes folks, you read that right).
4th September 2007 03:34 PM
glencar
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Christ you Yanks are fucking greedy. They toured your land twice on this tour. And 99% of you moaned about boring set lists.

We get everything in the world. We ain't greedy; it just comes to us. BTW I saw a TV special on soem guy named Milat from your country. Chilling!
4th September 2007 03:38 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Eddie pissed off Kurt Cobain. Before a December 1993 Nirvana show in Los Angeles, Eddie Van Halen was seen and heard backstage begging Kurt Cobain if he could jam with the grunge band that night. Annoyed, Cobain replied, "No, you can't play with us. We don't have any extra guitars." Persisting on, the heavily intoxicated Van Halen, who was on his knees, shouted out, "Well, let me play the Mexican's (referring to Nirvana touring guitarist Pat Smear) guitar. What is he, is he Mexican? Is he black?"

Does anyone know if the guy was black or not?

Thanks in advance.
4th September 2007 03:39 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Sure that wasnt a vibrator?

BOW ZEE BOW ZEE BOP!
4th September 2007 03:41 PM
Some Guy Not only is Sammy Hagar rich from his successful tenure as frontman for Van Halen, but the Red Rocker just recently sold an 80% interest in his Cabo Wabo Tequila to Gruppo Campari, the seventh-largest spirits company in the world, for $80 million.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)