ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Thomas Beyl with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Eagles to release first album for 28 years... Return to archive Page: 1 2
23rd August 2007 06:03 PM
mrhipfl The Eagles will release "Long Road Out of Eden," their first full studio album for 28 years, in October, Universal Music Group said on Wednesday.

The top-selling band, whose hits include "Hotel California" and "Life in the Fast Lane," split in 1980 but reunited 14 years later and have toured intermittently since.

Universal will distribute the new album outside North America, while in the United States the record will be released through Wal-Mart stores, warehouse retail chain Sam's Club and the band's Web site.

It will hit the shelves internationally on October 29 and in the United States one day later, Universal added.

The first single from the album, "How Long," has already had its video and radio premiere.

"It's rare to have the opportunity to be involved with a band of their stature, as they define popular music in so many ways," said Lucian Grainge, CEO of Universal Music Group International.

The Eagles, comprising Glenn Frey, Don Henley, Joe Walsh and Timothy B. Schmit, last released a studio album of new songs -- "The Long Road" -- in 1979.

The band's "Their Greatest Hits 1971-1975" is the best-selling album in recorded music history in the United States, with sales of more than 29 million copies, according to Universal. The Eagles have sold around 120 million albums worldwide.

Thanks for the info to Yahoo!News.
23rd August 2007 06:25 PM
glencar It sounds shit-actular!
23rd August 2007 06:27 PM
robpop Who Dey?
23rd August 2007 07:15 PM
gorda I like the Eagles, they're pretty cool.

I attended their concert at the Salinas Rodeo Grounds. (I mean, SALINAS SPORTS COMPLEX. Sorry.) The "official" count of people in attendance was 15,000, but I think there was a lot more people, because there was no were to sit or stand!

(The Stones concerts have alot more people, but everybody is spread out throughout the huge stadium, that it doesn't feel crowded. Plus, their concerts are usually in big cities, where the audience is not easily impressed. The Eagles performing in Salinas a small country town, way out in the boonies, was a huge deal, and it meant a lot to the fans.)

P.S. Poison had their concert at the same place, and only 4,000 people attended. Mary J. Blige's concert had about 5,000 people.

P.S. Speaking of Salinas. Remember the Spinach E-coli scare. It turned out the contaminated spinach was from another nearby county called San Benito County! All the major TV networks were quick to point the finger at Salinas when the news first broke out, but when the truth came out a year later, not one major news station clarified the error!
[Edited by gorda]
23rd August 2007 07:44 PM
Some Guy I've never heard it, but I'll guarantee it sucks.
23rd August 2007 07:49 PM
Poison Dart Their new single "How Long" is mediocre at best. It sounds like a b-side to some of their early 70's hits.

Either way this album is going to sell very well.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZtCmIYpfUHY
[Edited by Poison Dart]
[Edited by Poison Dart]
23rd August 2007 07:59 PM
gotdablouse In 1979 it was "The Long Run", not "The Long Road", journalists...

Well let's see what they have in store, the new songs from 1994 weren't too bad, especially the Timothy B Schmidt one, I think they had a new one a couple of years ago, but the album got canned and Felder too, the man who wrote the music to "Hotel California", apparently they thought he wasn't cool enough...

Apparently "How Long" is an old song...hum...are they pulling a "Tattoo You" on us ?!

"Yes. Written by J. D. Souther and recorded for his 1972 debut.
The Eagles used to play this one live on the early shows, when they didn't have enough material of their own to do a complete show. Great country-rock tune, by the way... "

[Edited by gotdablouse]
23rd August 2007 08:03 PM
glencar
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
Their new single "How Long" is mediocre at best. It sounds like a b-side to some of their early 70's hits.

Either way this album is going to sell very well.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZtCmIYpfUHY
[Edited by Poison Dart]
[Edited by Poison Dart]

"Mediocre" is quite generous.
23rd August 2007 08:15 PM
sweetcharmedlife There's nothing wrong with The Eagles. A very good band. The new single does sound like a retread of the early days. But it's catchy enough.
24th August 2007 04:51 PM
Starbuck
quote:
There's nothing wrong with The Eagles. A very good band. The new single does sound like a retread of the early days. But it's catchy enough.

you eagles fans with low post counts should go back to the hole you crawled out of!

an eagles thread on a stones board...it gives me hives! you know, in private places!
24th August 2007 04:59 PM
glencar Tinactin will cure that!
24th August 2007 05:00 PM
guitarman53 I love The Eagles, I once played in a band that used to do a lot of the Eagles covers, Lying Eyes/Peaceful easy feeling/Take it easy/Hotel California, etc. their harmony is great.
24th August 2007 05:26 PM
fireontheplatter i actually like the new video.

they are a great classic american rock band.

i look forward to their new cd.
24th August 2007 05:31 PM
Dan At the Alhambra Jubilee while waiting for Joan Jett there was this dude with an acoustic guitar and a drum machine doing Jimmy Buffett and Eagles songs. It was one of the most gawdawful things I had seen at a gig in years. But not necessarily any worse than listening to the Eagles or Jimmy Buffett.
24th August 2007 05:34 PM
Starbuck
quote:
i actually like the new video.

they are a great classic american rock band.

i look forward to their new cd.

coming from you, this surprises no one.

24th August 2007 05:35 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Starbuck wrote:

coming from you, this surprises no one.

i wasn't really looking to surprise anyone.....just stating how i feel about the new song is all.
24th August 2007 05:39 PM
Starbuck
quote:
At the Alhambra Jubilee while waiting for Joan Jett there was this dude with an acoustic guitar and a drum machine doing Jimmy Buffett and Eagles songs. It was one of the most gawdawful things I had seen at a gig in years. But not necessarily any worse than listening to the Eagles or Jimmy Buffett.

dan, you've hit the nail right on the head! this....THIS is why the eagles suck so bad...because their soul-less brand of shallow pop masquerading as rock n roll has inspired several generations of overweight, castrated men to sit around at amalhamba jamborees all across this great nation strumming crappy music on their takamene acousitics, shirtless and expecting the chicks to pay attention.

it sickens me.
24th August 2007 05:41 PM
monkey_man This is the sound of my brain.

Then I said, this is the sound of my brain on Don Henley!

Then I said, 1 2 3 4...

He's a tortured artist
Used to be in the Eagles
Now he whines
Like a wounded beagle
Poet of despair!
Pumped up with hot air!
He's serious, pretentious
And I just don't care
Don Henley must die!
Don't let him get back together
With Glenn Frey!
Don Henley must die!
24th August 2007 05:41 PM
Nellcote Is it as bad as someone playing Macca in a Beatles tribute band?
24th August 2007 05:54 PM
Ronnie Richards
quote:
sweetcharmedlife wrote:
Everything's wrong with The Eagles. A fucking horrible band. The new single does sound like a retard.

Word!
Eagles suck!
Whisky is good though..
24th August 2007 05:58 PM
Lazy Bones I dig Joe Walsh...
24th August 2007 05:59 PM
Throwaway They are so lame, made for mainstream radio, bland, etc... they are about as rock and roll as Starbucks Coffee.
24th August 2007 06:18 PM
mojoman
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:
I dig Joe Walsh...

jw rocks
24th August 2007 07:31 PM
guitarman53
quote:
Ronnie Richards wrote:

Word!
Eagles suck!
Whisky is good though..

And how old are you???are you a musician??if not, you don't even know what the fuck you're talking about!
24th August 2007 07:42 PM
guitarman53
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:

And how old are you??? are you a musician?? if not, you don't even know what the fuck you're talking about! if you're into today's music, then it sucks!! Big time, it hasn't got anything to do with music! if you put down Classic rock & roll, you shouldn't even be on here.

24th August 2007 07:50 PM
Dan
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:

And how old are you???are you a musician??if not, you don't even know what the fuck you're talking about!

I tend to find shows that mainly draw other musicians to be the most boring shows of all.
24th August 2007 07:58 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
Dan wrote:

I tend to find shows that mainly draw other musicians to be the most boring shows of all.

Agreed. Steely Dan, Rush...all bored me a bit.

Then again, you don't have to be a good musician to be in a great rock band. Rock music's extremely simple, for the most part.
24th August 2007 08:34 PM
BONOISLOVE Is BEUCE Springsteen one of them birds?
24th August 2007 08:44 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
The Eagles will release "Long Road Out of Eden," their first full studio album for 28 years, in October, Universal Music Group said on Wednesday.

28 years since their last album?
They oughta call it "Chinese Democracy"...
24th August 2007 08:52 PM
Boss
quote:
BONOISLOVE wrote:
Is BEUCE Springsteen one of them birds?

Clarence Clemmons is looking for a new bitch. You will singer higher than you did in "Can't help falling in love."
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)