ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Lets drink to the salt of the stage!
© Special thanks to Moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Cop loses job for eating pot laced cookies at Tool concert Return to archive
11th September 2006 02:52 PM
Dan

A Spokane police officer resigned after buying and eating two marijuana cookies during a Tool concert at the Gorge Amphitheatre near George,Wash. Two of Jonathan Smith's fellow officers said they were offered the cookies, reportedly laced with pot, for $1 each but declined. They later saw Smith purchase and consume the cookies, and reported the incident to their chief. "What a knucklehead he is," Deputy John Turley said. "That dollar just cost him a $50,000 job." An investigation led to the arrest of the seller, whose car was found with 2.8 grams of that sticky icky and a plastic container with crumbs inside.

11th September 2006 02:57 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Dan wrote:

A Spokane police officer resigned after buying and eating two marijuana cookies during a Tool concert at the Gorge Amphitheatre near George,Wash. Two of Jonathan Smith's fellow officers said they were offered the cookies, reportedly laced with pot, for $1 each but declined. They later saw Smith purchase and consume the cookies, and reported the incident to their chief. "What a knucklehead he is," Deputy John Turley said. "That dollar just cost him a $50,000 job." An investigation led to the arrest of the seller, whose car was found with 2.8 grams of that sticky icky and a plastic container with crumbs inside.

Sadly, this officer should have known better.
11th September 2006 03:35 PM
GimmeExile Perhaps a better paid cop would perform more professionally.
11th September 2006 04:30 PM
voodoopug
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
Perhaps a better paid cop would perform more professionally.

While I completely agree that police officers (and teachers) are far underpaid, I don't think this has anything to do with income (see: Michigan judge smoking pot at Detroit concert).

Some of the highest compensated individuals in the US are avid drug users (see: Lindsey Lohan)
11th September 2006 04:48 PM
Starbuck my dearest pugsly...

especially for you...

11th September 2006 04:52 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
my dearest pugsly...

especially for you...

Sadly, unless changes occur...I will have to humbly accept your kind hearted post.
11th September 2006 05:08 PM
lotsajizz It is distressing that we have lost such sight of American values that the criticism here is directled solely on the police officer. If he was on duty, punishment should be given. If he was off, it is no one's friggin' business but his. Once upon a time there was a right of privacy in America. It is now just about dead.

11th September 2006 05:28 PM
voodoopug
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
It is distressing that we have lost such sight of American values that the criticism here is directled solely on the police officer. If he was on duty, punishment should be given. If he was off, it is no one's friggin' business but his. Once upon a time there was a right of privacy in America. It is now just about dead.

my criticism is not that he was "off duty", its that he chose to take drugs in a public setting where no matter what anyone says...he is still viewed as a "police officer". If he wants to take drugs in his own home, then as long as he doesnt get caught (which also is a skewed reference due to the fact that he is supposed to enforce the very law that got him terminated) that is his private life.

Unfortunately, there are some professions that dictate accepted public behavior, policeman are one of them.

It falls under the same category of a "Coke" employee drinking a can of "Pepsi" in view of other employees, only more serious because that is more of an ethical action, not an issue involving a law.

He gives up his right to privacy when he takes his actions public.
11th September 2006 05:31 PM
lotsajizz Well, Pug...speaking strictly in a positive legal sense, you are correct. However, I am speaking normatively and I suppose I am pining for a less intrusive world that has been lost forever. Fingerprint File indeed....
11th September 2006 05:37 PM
Some Guy can you really get high eating it? or is that an old wives tale.
11th September 2006 05:54 PM
lotsajizz of course, but it must be heated first....weed need not be smoked, indeed I would suggest vaporization to avoid the lung-smoke problem

11th September 2006 07:25 PM
Starbuck i shall never criticize america's finest. my criticism is strictly reserved for the white sox.

and the red sox are suckin' up the diamond lately, too.

11th September 2006 07:42 PM
mojoman so silly of him. if it would have happened in seattle it probably would have been handled internally.now how about the bonehead that gave it too him?.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)