ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Lets drink to the salt of the stage!
© Special thanks to Moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stoned the movie Return to archive Page: 1 2
9th September 2006 02:54 PM
Bloozehound watched this last night, it made a pretty clear case that brian jones was murdered by thorogood

guess I never studied this enough, thought it was all just rumor mill, gossip mongering at the water cooler type stuff

other than that the movie was kinda boring

the guy who played Jagger was almost a dead ringer

that's all
9th September 2006 03:15 PM
Madafaka I don't like that movie. Brian was the seed of this.
This movie show him as a loser!
9th September 2006 04:23 PM
Bitch I liked the movie because there is lots of sex, drugs and STONES music. The movie suggests that Brian was murdered, and I always thought it was an accident. It doesnt portray Brian in a very good light, but maybe he was as fucked up as that! I'm not too sure about the accuracy but I enjoyed it.
9th September 2006 04:52 PM
Bloozehound I don't think Brian Jones was a very sympathetic character in real life, they were just portraying him correctly and that's why he came across like he did in the movie ie loser

I was kinda happy when the scene happened when Mick and Keef kicked him out, to be honest, the movie could of used more scenes with Mick and Keef, Brian was pretty boring
[Edited by Bloozehound]
9th September 2006 04:56 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I like the movie a lot, have the DVD and love it. Some comments about your comments

quote:
Madafaka wrote:
This movie show him as a loser!

He lost Anita with his bandmate, hi lost his band with his bandmates, he lost a lot of money so in one way he unfortunately is a loser.

quote:
Bitch wrote:
I liked the movie because there is lots of sex, drugs and STONES music.

Hi bitch (no pun intended LOL) I know what you mean but just to clarify, there ain't not a single second of Stones' music but related. Love the scene with White Rabbit, Lazy Sunday and Shangai Noodle Factory with three of my all-time favourite bands!
9th September 2006 06:34 PM
Madafaka I refuse to think of Brian as a loser. He's a creator! Creators are never losers!
9th September 2006 06:46 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Of course I agree with you, as you know here we have a lot of respect to Brian, we make yearly tributes to hoi all years since 1999, we have several thread about Brian, Brian can be seen all days at the board watching our daily headers, we have a page for him, etc We appreciate Brian.

But by definition "One that fails to win" is a loser, Brian is NOT a loser in the way the word is used but he was betrayed and he lost girfriend, band and life
9th September 2006 09:12 PM
Angiegirl I thought the movie was unbearably over-long, horrible, boring, over-the-top, fake and badly made.

Did I mention I didn't like it too much?
9th September 2006 09:34 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Love you Angie, Will ya?
9th September 2006 09:45 PM
BILL PERKS I LIKED IT AND WAS SURPRISED AT HOW GOOD IT WAS.IT WAS NOT FACTUALLY PERFECT BUT THEY DID A FINE JOB PORTRAYING THE BASTARD FOR WHAT HE WAS .
10th September 2006 02:05 AM
gorda
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
watched this last night, it made a pretty clear case that brian jones was murdered by thorogood

guess I never studied this enough, thought it was all just rumor mill, gossip mongering at the water cooler type stuff

other than that the movie was kinda boring

the guy who played Jagger was almost a dead ringer

that's all

Now, let's see . . . this guy Thorogood is living in a mansion, and basically doing nothing. Just cooking, paying some bills, and driving some rock star around.

"What a kick back job!"

Why would he mess that up?

If I had a kick back job like that, I would do everything in my power to make it last!

Duh!
10th September 2006 08:42 AM
corgi37 Brian Jones is the ultimate loser, because he's dead. But, he's not as much a loser as Hendrix, Joplin, Morrison, Moon, Kobain & that Alice in chains fukka.

I dont care if he started the band. I dont care how versatile he was or how blonde he was. The best thing the Stones ever dead was get rid of him. He was such a millstone by the end. They couldnt even record, let alone tour, with him.
10th September 2006 10:28 AM
ComeAsYouAre
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I dont care if he started the band. I dont care how versatile he was or how blonde he was. The best thing the Stones ever dead was get rid of him. He was such a millstone by the end. They couldnt even record, let alone tour, with him.

Why don't you read a few books on his life and then write about him. As Bill Wyman (and many other Brian fans have said) "There would be no Rolling Stones without Brian Jones." Give credit where credit is due, man...
10th September 2006 04:34 PM
fireontheplatter brian jones was the shit during those early years......

i have not seen this movie but it is high on the list.....
10th September 2006 05:36 PM
Madafaka
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Of course I agree with you, as you know here we have a lot of respect to Brian, we make yearly tributes to hoi all years since 1999, we have several thread about Brian, Brian can be seen all days at the board watching our daily headers, we have a page for him, etc We appreciate Brian.

But by definition "One that fails to win" is a loser, Brian is NOT a loser in the way the word is used but he was betrayed and he lost girfriend, band and life

Of course Voodoo, I got your point
11th September 2006 04:10 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I watched it pretty soon after it came out over here and I really enjoyed it. So did my girlfriend and shes not really into the stones.
I suspect that if Mick and Keith had watched it, and I am led to believe that they did watch it and give it the ok, then it would have been a pretty acurate picture of Brian.

I love it in the film when he says to frank

"Lets face it frank, your a great guy, but a fucking terrible builder!"

Classic!
11th September 2006 05:25 AM
Zack The girl who played Anita had lovely breasts. But why did we have to see Brian's weenie so many times?
11th September 2006 05:43 AM
FotiniD
quote:
corgi37 wrote:

Had the Toronto bust never happened, I'm pretty sure Keith would have evolved exactly the same way.

I think Brian's contribution to the Stones was massive and let's not forget he started the whole damn thing. He loved the band - then his own personal shit took over, but it doesn't exactly help when your buddies team up against you, push you on the side and steal your girlfriend.

I'm not saying he was a pure, innocent little saint, mind you, but nor were the rest of the Stones.
11th September 2006 06:18 AM
Voodoo Scrounge
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Had the Toronto bust never happened, I'm pretty sure Keith would have evolved exactly the same way.

I think Brian's contribution to the Stones was massive and let's not forget he started the whole damn thing. He loved the band - then his own personal shit took over, but it doesn't exactly help when your buddies team up against you, push you on the side and steal your girlfriend.

I'm not saying he was a pure, innocent little saint, mind you, but nor were the rest of the Stones.

I do agree with you a bit there. They were all a bit weird.
I think the shit with the stones around the time of Brians death was a great example of how the 60s wernt such a GREAT and FREE time.

I think people were incarcerated in their own addictions and were genuinely heart broken when their mates fucked their birds and called it FREE LOVE!
11th September 2006 06:26 AM
Navin
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
I LIKED IT AND WAS SURPRISED AT HOW GOOD IT WAS.IT WAS NOT FACTUALLY PERFECT BUT THEY DID A FINE JOB PORTRAYING THE BASTARD FOR WHAT HE WAS .

Thanks...maybe I will watch this if possible as you claim it to be a great movie, then it must be.

Not that I got any sympathy for the "bastard that he was" -if anyone should have murdered him, it should have been Keith and his knife.

Mick Taylor is more dead than Brian Jones...they are both pathetic people suitable for fans who are desperately hung up on ancient rock folklore.

When is the Ron Wood appreciation thread coming up?
11th September 2006 06:54 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Navin wrote:

Not that I got any sympathy for the "bastard that he was" -if anyone should have murdered him, it should have been Keith and his knife.

Vice versa would make more sense if you ask me

Much as I love Keith, it's him that screwed Brian's life in a way, let us not forget. First and foremost it was Brian's fault, alright, but look how it went downhill from one certain point and on...
11th September 2006 07:15 AM
Navin
The typical Brian Jones fan to me conjures up images of some old neurotic grandma sitting on the porch of her beach house in the middle of nowhere with 'After-Math' playing continuously on the turntable...she is expressionless, gazing into some unknown blank space and waiting "for someone to come out of somewhere"
11th September 2006 12:01 PM
Brian Jones Girl
quote:
Navin wrote:

The typical Brian Jones fan to me conjures up images of some old neurotic grandma sitting on the porch of her beach house in the middle of nowhere with 'After-Math' playing continuously on the turntable...she is expressionless, gazing into some unknown blank space and waiting "for someone to come out of somewhere"

I am the #1 Brian Jones fan in the world, and I am a teenage girl not an old woman lol
11th September 2006 12:23 PM
GhostofBrianJones Thank You Voodoo for the good things you say about Brian. It is a long,
complicated story as to why us like/love Brian. He had his problems like any
other rock star, actor or anyone else. His drug use was not as severe or as
long as other people we know. Coping with the problems he had in the Sixties
was a LOT different than trying to do it 30+ years later. No one understood
what drugs and alcohol could really do back then. And his emotional issues
went practically unaddressed/undiagnosed for the most part. He was cast
aside, ridiculed and despised all because he had serious problems no one
really knew how to deal with a person like that.

Now Ronnie Wood (Who I dearly love too) has the same alcoholic/drug
addiction Brian did. And he has had it a lot longer. Ronnie at least has
rehab to go to each time he has problems and counseling as well. Have you
noticed when Ronnie is in rehab they RESCHEDULE their tour dates? And they are supportive of him? And even though he is described as a very friendly person, he could very well have a Dark Side that comes out when messed up. A person is not always funny, friendly when they are messed up.
I am saying they have a different attitude towards Ronnie's problems then
they did with Brian for the most part at least that is my impression. The
Sixties were often cruel, opinionated and sterotyping towards people who did
not conform to the expected thinking or behavior of that time. Very oppressed time. And Brian was one of many who suffered because of the
Sixties way of thinking.

I know I was a teenager during that time and a lot of that happened to me.
These are just my own views.

11th September 2006 12:24 PM
WJ
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Wow, I couldn't have said it better myself!

For those who say "look at what Mick and Keith say about what Brian was like as a person" should realize that perhaps their own guilt makes them portray Brian in such a bad light. They hope it will make it seem that Brian was such a horrible person that he deserved the things they did to him.
11th September 2006 12:47 PM
ComeAsYouAre
quote:
WJ wrote:

Wow, I couldn't have said it better myself!

For those who say "look at what Mick and Keith say about what Brian was like as a person" should realize that perhaps their own guilt makes them portray Brian in such a bad light. They hope it will make it seem that Brian was such a horrible person that he deserved the things they did to him.

I think there was/is? a lot of guilt. especially on Keith and Anita, which I think is one reason why the chasm of opiates engulfed them. But, ya know, shit happens... it happens all the time. Look at your own life. I am sure they have come to terms with their guilt and maybe this is one reason Ronnie is being treated differently but, mainly, you have to remember.... as Charlie Watts said "We were so bloody young."
11th September 2006 01:25 PM
Sophia Graves
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
I don't think Brian Jones was a very sympathetic character in real life, they were just portraying him correctly and that's why he came across like he did in the movie ie loser

how can you say something like that about a person you never knew yourself!? i would never judge about anything where i havent been myself. you know why this view of him is so common?..because of loads of people like you just spit it out like they would have been part of his life from beginning 'til end...
11th September 2006 01:26 PM
Sophia Graves
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
I refuse to think of Brian as a loser. He's a creator! Creators are never losers!

wonderful said! thats my point of view...
11th September 2006 01:31 PM
not bound to please The movie is pretentious but interesting.

11th September 2006 01:38 PM
WJ
quote:
not bound to please wrote:
The movie is pretentious but interesting.

Actually, the only parts I liked were the full frontal male nudity.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)