ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Lets drink to the salt of the stage!
© Special thanks to Moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Wise Words From The Coop Return to archive
9th September 2006 07:45 AM
Jumping Jack http://www.paramuspost.com/article.php/20060907223045552

Though he might have strong opinions, you won't hear Cooper giving his political views in his lyrics. For Cooper, rock 'n' roll and politics were never meant to be bedfellows.

"You won't find any political songs, excepted for 'Elected,' which is a satire, on my records. You're never going to find me promoting this candidate over that candidate because I'm sitting there going, 'Why should people who like my music ... vote for the guy I'm voting for?' " Cooper said. "Asking me who to vote for is like asking the guy who makes your pizza who to vote for.

"I think we get caught up in the celebrity of it and we keep forgetting to think for ourselves," he continued. "Any celebrity that you depend on as being a political analyst, come on. Why do you think we're rock stars? We're morons."

Refreshing that one celebrity can keep a little perspective and not get caught up in his own self importance and ego. Memo to Jagger, Bono, Springsteen, Dylan, and the Dixie Cups - wise up.
9th September 2006 08:18 AM
Bitch The man's right! And he's a die-hard Stones fan, he's going to a bunch of the ABB shows on the upcoming NA fall leg, and he's really excited about it. I listen to him on his radio show, he always plays great RS songs including boots that I never heard. Al rocks and hes very cool and not an ego tripper. IMO
9th September 2006 11:49 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Bitch wrote:
The man's right! And he's a die-hard Stones fan, he's going to a bunch of the ABB shows on the upcoming NA fall leg, and he's really excited about it. I listen to him on his radio show, he always plays great RS songs including boots that I never heard. Al rocks and hes very cool and not an ego tripper. IMO

I agree with both of your posts. As much as I love Pearl Jam....I do tire of hearing about Ralph Nadar and other such political discussion. I would rather go to a debate, or read to get my continuing political education.
10th September 2006 06:30 PM
Ten Thousand Motels >Why do you think we're rock stars? We're morons."<

Good try Alice. Absolute Bullshit.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
10th September 2006 07:07 PM
Jumping Jack Yes, the true morons are the fools who think pompous rock and pop stars are wiser than anyone else. For the record, I wouldn't even buy a pizza made by Babs, way beyond her skill level, LOL!!!
10th September 2006 07:14 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
For the record, I wouldn't even buy a pizza made by Babs, way beyond her skill level, LOL!!!

Babs is a rock n roll star????
10th September 2006 07:31 PM
Jumping Jack That's why I said rock and pop stars. If it makes you feel better I wouldn't eat a pizza made by Bono either, LOL!
11th September 2006 09:24 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:

Refreshing that one celebrity can keep a little perspective and not get caught up in his own self importance and ego. Memo to Jagger, Bono, Springsteen, Dylan, and the Dixie Cups - wise up.

Word (see Roger Waters thread).
11th September 2006 10:00 AM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
http://www.paramuspost.com/article.php/20060907223045552

Though he might have strong opinions, you won't hear Cooper giving his political views in his lyrics. For Cooper, rock 'n' roll and politics were never meant to be bedfellows.

"You won't find any political songs, excepted for 'Elected,' which is a satire, on my records. You're never going to find me promoting this candidate over that candidate because I'm sitting there going, 'Why should people who like my music ... vote for the guy I'm voting for?' " Cooper said. "Asking me who to vote for is like asking the guy who makes your pizza who to vote for.

"I think we get caught up in the celebrity of it and we keep forgetting to think for ourselves," he continued. "Any celebrity that you depend on as being a political analyst, come on. Why do you think we're rock stars? We're morons."

I just got the new Alice dvd, it's fuckin' awesome....
11th September 2006 10:09 AM
Jumping Jack Montreux 2005 kicks ass big time!

Download the trial version of DVD Audio Extractor and rip the CDs from it. It has a permanent place in my 6-CD tray in my car.

I must say I am looking forward to the Coop in L'ville and Ryman the next day as much as the Stones and the Pig Gig parties.
11th September 2006 10:16 AM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Montreux 2005 kicks ass big time!

Download the trial version of DVD Audio Extractor and rip the CDs from it. It has a permanent place in my 6-CD tray in my car.

I must say I am looking forward to the Coop in L'ville and Ryman the next day as much as the Stones and the Pig Gig parties.

I have yet to get the 1973 tour dvd, have you seen it, anygood, I must get it today....lol
11th September 2006 11:03 AM
Jumping Jack Honestly, Coop is far better now than he was in the 70s and particularly the 80s.

Nonetheless, Good2CU Again, Welcome to My Nightmare, Nightmare Returns, Trashes the World, Brutal Planet and Prime Cuts are all nice to have in your collection and you can get them cheap from Amazon vendors.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)