ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Throbby
Madison Square Garden, NYC - September 13, 2005
© Throbby Thanks a lot
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones defy critics with another #1 album. Why stop recording if you still are having #1 records and Return to archive
September 11th, 2005 11:11 AM
Poison Dart A Bigger Bang hitting #1 on the British charts will be just the motivation the Stones need to keep recording.

It was only 18 months ago Jagger/Richards were talking about winding it down. But why stop recording if you continue to have #1 records and massive sold out tours 5 decades in? It's now clear (the public has spoken) The Stones are still vital and the public wants to see them and hear their new music.

As a matter of fact I would say the fact that the Stones keep recording and touring is one of the most defiant things they have ever done. With all the negitive press about their age it would have been easy to just pack it in and count their money.

Instead the Stones defied their critics and gave us a critical and a commercial smash (the #1 ALBUM A BIGGER BANG)Along with a massive sold out tour.

What more proof do you need that the Stones are not an oldies act? Oldies acts don't have #1 albums and play to 40,000-85,000 people per night.

PS: I posted a longer more thought out version of this on IORR if it looks familiar. Gotta go now I be back later to discuss.
September 11th, 2005 01:10 PM
blackandblue Who is james Blunt?
September 11th, 2005 01:23 PM
Col James Blunt is a singer/songwriter who is the definition of pop pap. I mean honestly, if you think that Westlife are manufactured pop, well this guy must be on a par. Pure fucking drivel of the lowest kind! Songs for mams, girlfriends, wimpy guys and grannies. Seriously, every mum in the nation is buying up copies of this guys album. His lead single is called "Your Beautiful". How original! Just gives you an indication of the marketing driven and pop shit that is this guys sound.

And to think the Stones lost out to this.... ah, it makes me wonder...very disappointing!!!!
[Edited by Col]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)