ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Throbby
Madison Square Garden, NYC - September 13, 2005
© Throbby Thanks a lot
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown, dead at 81 Return to archive
September 11th, 2005 01:14 AM
poor immigrant
"He was completely devastated...I'm sure he was heartbroken, both literally and figuratively. He evacuated successfully before the hurricane hit, but I'm sure it weighed heavily on his soul."
September 11th, 2005 01:24 AM
sirmoonie Didn't know much about him until I heard his version of Ventilator Blues on Paint It, Blue (ain't no trib). That thing was nice! Found some stuff by him after that, not much, but it was all decent. Kind of a Renaissance musician, did bits and pieces of everything.

Rippie!
September 11th, 2005 01:52 AM
Bloozehound Damn, this has to be one of the worst things I've ever read on this board

I was a huge fan of gatemouths, he was one of the last of the old guard and was a truly unique talent in the world of music
[Edited by Bloozehound]
September 11th, 2005 01:56 AM
Bloozehound here's the article from the houston chronicle

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/ae/music/3348584
September 11th, 2005 02:10 AM
polksalad69 dat's too bad. I heard he was sick but didn't want modern medicine to help. RIP old man.
hey bloozehound, I caught him at Stubbs once.
September 11th, 2005 10:57 AM
lonecrapshooter Here is a picture I took of CGB w/ KR and Hubert Sumlin at the Beacon Theater during the Rainforest Benefit.

September 11th, 2005 02:40 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Holy shit the above MUST be the header today

I didn't see this thread before,sorry for starting a new one, I didn'pt delete it as it already has a reply, but closed it and added a link

September 11th, 2005 02:41 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

The Associated Press

This was the header before seeing this one
September 11th, 2005 08:14 PM
Saint Sway I was blessed to have seen Gatemouth live a little over a half dozen times. Just an amazingly talented cat. He could do it all. Great guitar player. Great fiddle player. Talented songwriter. Amazing live performer. Could play all types of roots music. Blues, country, zydeco, rock and swing.

I went down to New Orleans about 6 years ago to see his 75th!!! Birthday show at the House of Blues. It was an awe inspiring performance. He played 2 sets!!! Played everything. Never sat down once. Rocked out. Brought out his big swing band. Tore the place up. Did some solo acoustic stuff. Just an unbelievable show. He had so much energy and enthusiasm. All at 75 years young!! Fucking amazing.

I was a huge fan. I've got a ton of his albums. Got to meet him a couple of times and he was great, humble and charming.

do yourself a favor and pick up a gatemouth record.

RIP CGB

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)