ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Throbby
Madison Square Garden, NYC - September 13, 2005
© Throbby Thanks a lot
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ONNYA Return to archive
September 10th, 2005 06:12 PM
winter I LOVE THIS SONG! SIMPLY FANTASTIC!

wintah
September 10th, 2005 06:30 PM
White House Lawn A BRAND-NEW tune that really rocks!
September 10th, 2005 07:28 PM
Madafaka Yes, is an excellent tune!
September 10th, 2005 07:47 PM
Angiegirl Hmm, so-so
September 10th, 2005 08:05 PM
lotsajizz so-so fuckin' fuckin' great GREAT! that is

(we'll work on that stutter)
September 10th, 2005 08:20 PM
Angiegirl lol
September 10th, 2005 08:42 PM
Nellcote Funny Story, went out for a "mental health" afternoon with my wife, her best friend, my son & myself.
Had Several Sam Octoberfest draughts while watch Schill & The Sox thrash, manhandle the Yanks! (OH ROOSTAH!!)
Anyway, the wife & friend wanted to (what ELSE) shop, so, feeling no pain, I decided to hover in the van with ABB, I was circling the mall, windows down ONNYA blaring, I MEAN CRANKED. Real close to the sidewalk, in kind of that security mode crawl around a large factory outlet, about 75 degrees, halter nation out the window, the pilot feeling no pain. Folks started looking toward moi, giving the thumbs up sign for this kick you in the barrel ASS whip saw ROCKER!!!

Yes indeed this song does the trick..
One thing about it's placement on the cd...
Just when you get nice & mellow from Keith lal-alalaing
thru This Place Is Empty you get the Batman POW-SOCK'EM OF ONNYA.......WICKED PISSAH......
September 10th, 2005 09:31 PM
Madafaka
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Hmm, so-so

So so? It's great, Angie! Pay attention to lyrics and you'll see!
September 10th, 2005 10:37 PM
Soldatti It's my favorite at this moment.
September 10th, 2005 11:32 PM
CraigP A comeback song.
September 11th, 2005 01:27 AM
winter It mystfies me that this ain't the first single.
September 11th, 2005 02:38 AM
poor immigrant It would've done them well to go with this as the first vid/single. A much better song than RJ. Love the stripped down recording. Wish the rest of the album had more of that attack.
September 11th, 2005 03:22 AM
exile definitely one of my favourites

absolute ball tearer
September 11th, 2005 05:11 AM
marko Moon is yellow
I´m a jello
staring at your tits.
September 11th, 2005 04:24 PM
the good
quote:
marko wrote:
Moon is yellow
I´m a jello
staring at your tits.

This part is rather creepy, otherwise, the song is an A+
September 11th, 2005 07:45 PM
winter the vocal mix is awesome. don't get me wrong, i love the new cd, but if the set back the vocals a bit, like they did on this song, the cd would really be something special.

To me, the "placement" of the vocals is what separates cds like tatoo you / some girls and voodoo lounge and a bigger bang bang.

September 11th, 2005 07:53 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
marko wrote:
Moon is yellow
I´m a jello
staring at your tits.

yeah great tune - that is rolling stones music as it should be

re those lyrics - i think people are losing sight of the fact that many great rock and roll lyrics are fairly mindless - it's rock and roll ladies and gentleman - if you want in depth language use go and read "Ulysses"

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
September 11th, 2005 08:02 PM
Saint Sway I love this song live. Live it sounds filthy and it rocks hard like an old Stones song. But I dont like the album version. Too clean. Too fast. Too slick. And the guitars suck.

but live this is fantastic. The guitars are lound and raunchy. Its fun. I've heard it live 3 times and it was the highlight for me each time.

I just with the ABB version was a little slower and dirtier sounding and closer to how they are playing it live.

if you havent heard it live yet. Check out the rehearsals and PC footage on RS.com. You'll see that the live version is much cooler and more old school Stones sounding than the slick Bang version.
September 11th, 2005 08:46 PM
texile despite my overall cynicism toward ABB - i really like this one - it has a fire to it...
wasn't this the last one they recorded?
September 12th, 2005 12:31 AM
Saint Sway this is pretty cool.... I've got my ipod on stones shuffle right now and ONNYA just played back to back with Summer Romance (one of my alltime favs)

Definately has that save fast ER tempo - and the same vibe and Berry fills as Summer Romance.

just for fun play those 2 together. Its pretty cool. It makes ONNYA sound like an ER outtake. Dig it.
September 12th, 2005 12:29 PM
texile yeah saint - it's the only one with that SOUND from that era - just fast and frenetic rock and roll....
i wasn't impressed with this when i heard the press conference version...so i'd been skipping it - but it kicks ass....
i love jagger's voice - unforced and no affected enunciations and even the jello/tits line works....jagger is running for his life from this person in the song and it sounds like it;
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)