ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Throbby
Madison Square Garden, NYC - September 13, 2005
© Throbby Thanks a lot
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: which version of Biggest Mistake is your favorite? Return to archive Page: 1 2
September 9th, 2005 01:32 PM
Saint Sway so which version of Biggest Mistake is your absolute favorite?

the "Stones" version on Bigger Bang?

or the original version on the Alfie Soundtrack?
September 9th, 2005 01:39 PM
White House Lawn Don't worry, the Black Crowes will be covering BOTH versions of it in 2035--IF they can find a venue! LOL

[Edited by White House Lawn]
September 9th, 2005 02:22 PM
Jair The Stones version, from far.............
September 9th, 2005 02:43 PM
egon it's on the alfie soundtrack as well??????

so it IS mick solo?

this explains a lot
September 9th, 2005 02:54 PM
texile lol....
September 9th, 2005 03:02 PM
pdog I didn't know!
Dip my balls in the pudding and feed me to the dogs.
September 9th, 2005 03:36 PM
Sir Stonesalot My fave version is the one that isn't playing on my stereo.
September 9th, 2005 03:37 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
so which version of Biggest Mistake is your absolute favorite?

the "Stones" version on Bigger Bang?

or the original version on the Alfie Soundtrack?

You're tiresome, but the fact that you're funny means more
September 9th, 2005 04:17 PM
marko Worst song of the album,with streets of love.
September 9th, 2005 04:36 PM
texile its not that its a BAD song - it just doesn't have the passion or soul....to make it a real love song with any resonance...
September 9th, 2005 04:55 PM
Sir Stonesalot >its not that its a BAD song - it just doesn't have the passion or soul....to make it a real love song with any resonance...<

Uhhhhh...isn't that a textbook description of a bad love song?
September 9th, 2005 05:15 PM
Gazza there's a delicious irony in a Black Crows fan having a pop at any band for recycling Rolling Stones songs, let alone the Stones themselves...
September 9th, 2005 06:06 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:
there's a delicious irony in a Black Crows fan having a pop at any band for recycling Rolling Stones songs, let alone the Stones themselves...

true.

but at least the Crowes have great taste in the ones they rip off.

the world can always use another Sway or Crazy Mama. But we really dont need any more Alfie tunes.
September 9th, 2005 06:09 PM
KeepRigid Then again, it's all just a vibration. Who don't like that?
September 9th, 2005 06:35 PM
ListenToTheLion Worst song of the album. Don't know the Alfie version but I really don't care.
September 9th, 2005 08:43 PM
texile
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>its not that its a BAD song - it just doesn't have the passion or soul....to make it a real love song with any resonance...<

Uhhhhh...isn't that a textbook description of a bad love song?

yup...
September 9th, 2005 11:40 PM
Soldatti I like the song and I love the Keith background vocal, a 2005 Jagger/Richards composition.
September 10th, 2005 01:25 AM
maumau worst song on ABB imo

quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

You're tiresome, but the fact that you're funny means more

funny...like
...hysteria?
September 10th, 2005 01:57 AM
2000monkey Biggest Mistake is a great, great song. it would've been even better if it had ended with some kind of weepy guitar solo ala Taylor to emphasise just how regretful Mick is. Instead it just kind of peters out.
September 10th, 2005 02:57 AM
egon
quote:
2000monkey wrote:
to emphasise just how regretful Mick is.

regretful for ever recording it...?
September 10th, 2005 04:13 AM
2000monkey
quote:
egon wrote:

regretful for ever recording it...?

Never. Biggest Mistake is the Stone's best foray into country since Dead Flowers. If only they had included the suitable white trash guitar solo it would have really shined like a new dime in a goat's ass.
September 10th, 2005 04:46 AM
egon what are you smoking?????
September 10th, 2005 04:52 AM
exile I cant understand the negative reaction, I like the country groove

Its a good song.
September 10th, 2005 08:35 AM
Gazza I love it. Its one of the best tracks on the album.
September 10th, 2005 12:54 PM
star star yup it needed a white trash guitar solo. however taylor is not white trash. he is from welwyn garden city and plays lovely guitar
September 10th, 2005 01:24 PM
Scottfree
quote:
2000monkey wrote:

Never. Biggest Mistake is the Stone's best foray into country since Dead Flowers. If only they had included the suitable white trash guitar solo it would have really shined like a new dime in a goat's ass.

I cocnur, I think it's very nice...The problem is these people just aren't eclectic...
September 10th, 2005 04:31 PM
2000monkey
quote:
egon wrote:
what are you smoking?????

dead flowers.
September 11th, 2005 08:22 PM
Saint Sway you folks really consider this a country tune?

I hear a bit of country on this but its more of Shania Twain, Garth Brooks kinda pop country.

certainly not a Merle Haggard, Gram Parsons, Waylon Jennings country.

and it definately does not conjur up any memories of Dead Flowers!!!!!

this song should never be mentioned in the same breath as Stones country classics like Dead Flowers, LIB , Dear Doctor or Torn And Frayed.

its way more watered down country than even Micks Hang On To Me Tonite or Blinded By Love. It just sounds to me like its from the Alfie soundtrack.
September 11th, 2005 08:55 PM
pavlovs dog I like the live version of Biggest Mistake from the 1973 video from Brussels Affair where Mick comes out in a powder blue sequined jumpsuit, zipped open to his crotch and he wipes the mascara from his eyes, french kisses Billy preston and then yells out "I think I just made the biggest mistake of my life!"
September 11th, 2005 09:41 PM
Phog
quote:
pavlovs dog wrote:
I like the live version of Biggest Mistake from the 1973 video from Brussels Affair where Mick comes out in a powder blue sequined jumpsuit, zipped open to his crotch and he wipes the mascara from his eyes, french kisses Billy preston and then yells out "I think I just made the biggest mistake of my life!"

That's fucking mint!! Welcome aboard.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)