ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Throbby
Madison Square Garden, NYC - September 13, 2005
© Throbby Thanks a lot
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I have a Black Crowes Question Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
September 9th, 2005 11:43 AM
winter When are they going to follow up from that Blockbuster album - Lions? (yawn) I mean everbody has that one in their collections right?

wintah
September 9th, 2005 11:54 AM
ResidentMule funny, nobody on blackcrowes.org gives a shit about A Bigger Bang. that's why I never bring it up there. especially not to bash it.
September 9th, 2005 11:55 AM
Nellcote Hey~Sway will enlighten us on this.
He's got the inside track, I think?
Seriously, it would be great to see them come
out with SOMETHING, after all of these bang-off
performances they've had.
They've got a label, right?
September 9th, 2005 12:35 PM
Saint Sway winter,
Lions is a 1000x better than Bang. If you took the exact songs from Lions and had Mick overdub the vocals and slap a Stones sticker on it and called it "Bigger Bang" you'd spew in your pants.

so shut the fuck up

quote:
ResidentMule wrote:
funny, nobody on blackcrowes.org gives a shit about A Bigger Bang. that's why I never bring it up there. especially not to bash it.

word.
September 9th, 2005 01:12 PM
doo doo doo Dude The Black Crowes aren't even worthy to open for the Stones anymore. They were a glorified bar band that has been inconsequential since 1990.
September 9th, 2005 01:15 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
doo doo doo Dude wrote:
The Black Crowes aren't even worthy to open for the Stones anymore. They were a glorified bar band that has been inconsequential since 1990.

"...glorified bar band" - isn't that what the Stones are?

The Crowes will ALWAYS be worthy to open for the Stones. Even w/out Marc Ford!
September 9th, 2005 01:27 PM
Saint Sway hey Lazy,

FORD'S BAAAAAAACK!!!
September 9th, 2005 01:31 PM
winter
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
If you took the exact songs from Lions and had Mick overdub the vocals and slap a Stones sticker on it and called it "Bigger Bang" you'd spew in your pants.

so shut the fuck up

Very charming. Come clean, have you been reading "How to make friends and influence people"?

Also, why are you so defensive about the Crowes? With the quality of their catalog - By Your Side, Amorica, Lions, etc., I wouldn't think that a little jest would set off such a harsh reaction.

Oh, I do have one other question: Are the Crowes planning another tour / album with the likes of Mr. Page to help pull their ticket and record sales out of the shitter, or are the Robison brothers going to return to the enormous success of their solo careers?

I believe Rich Robison was able to sell out a string of dates at local BBQ pit in Cambridge last time he was on tour (Brother Jimmies). If I remember correctly, if you ordered a full rack of ribs, you could either get a side of slaw or a copy of Rich's cd. I took the slaw.

wintah
September 9th, 2005 01:34 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
hey Lazy,

FORD'S BAAAAAAACK!!!

I know. I saw the Toronto (17-may-05) show.

I'm saying, even without him (as 'they' were before gettin' back together) they're a great opener!
September 9th, 2005 01:38 PM
Saint Sway Bigger Bang sucks. Sorry if you dont like hearing it from me.

Streets Of Love, Infamy, Rain Fall Down, She Saw Me Coming, Look What the Cat Dragged In, Sweet Neo Con and Biggest Mistake are amongst the worst Stones songs I've ever heard. Right alongside Back To Zero. As bad as anything on Goddess. These songs blow.

even the semi-decent songs suck if you want to compare them to the Crowes.

in fact, there isnt a single song on the record that could make its way onto a Crowes album and you know it.

September 9th, 2005 01:41 PM
White House Lawn This is a Rolling Stones message board--do you HAVE to suck Crowe Cock in every single post on every single thread? Really--you're freaking tiresome!
September 9th, 2005 01:47 PM
KeepRigid It's funny, because when Lions came out, there was no shortage of negativity on the BC fansites (much like ABB and Stones fans).

I remember Chris catching a lot of hell for singing a really bum note in 'Losing My Mind', which wasn't corrected. (Can you imagine what people would be saying here if Mick had left something like that in on ABB?) I guess singing off-key isn't as 'organic' as playing the occasional bad lick- which is usually viewed as being 'in the moment'. Bottom line: online fans are the same all over.

Btw, most BC fans seem to be having a pretty good reaction to ABB- at least on other sites. And the ones that trash it all seem to begin their rant with "Well, I haven't heard it, but..."
September 9th, 2005 01:55 PM
throbby I dig most of the Crowes stuff, but let's call a spade a spade, Lions sucked. I bought it the day it came out and was sorely disappointed.

I do applaud them on doing the instantlive, if only the Stones would do this.

September 9th, 2005 02:06 PM
wisertime I think "Lions" is a good album, most of the songs are good/excellent. But a track like "Lickin' " sucks.
"A Bigger Bang" is also a very good album, great songs and 2 or 3 that sucks too.
But we can't compare the 2 bands, I like them both, that's great
September 9th, 2005 02:24 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
White House Lawn wrote:
This is a Rolling Stones message board--do you HAVE to suck Crowe Cock in every single post on every single thread? Really--you're freaking tiresome!

sorry sister, but I'm not the one that started this thread

I havent brought the Crowes up here for days. Just been talking about Bang.

but eveytime I say that theres a song I dont like on Bang, someone, like yourself (several times, I might add) comes back with some jag about the Crowes.

I dont see what the Black Crowes have to do with Bigger Bang. In fact I think its the farthest sound from the Black Crowes that there is. So really theres no point in comparing them.

yet...

anytime I mention not liking a track on Bang, people like yourself, want to rank on the Crowes with something stupid.

for example,
I'll say: Biggest Mistake is lame. Sounds like its from the Alfie soundtrack.

and then some chick, like you says: Yeah, well the Crowes play too many cover songs.

1. for the life of me I dont get what one has to do with the other.
2. if you're tired of talking about the Crowes then stop bringing them up.

and... if you really deep down in your heart think that Bang is a good record then defend it accordingly. Tell me what it is you like about a song. Maybe you like Rain Fall Down because it makes you want to sip Pina Coladas and dance under a disco ball. Ok. Fine. Then say it and defend why you like it. But dont try and bash another band just because you dont like someones opinion about a certain song.

OK. Find a valid argument. Instead of "oh yeah, you dont like that song. Well, the Allman Brothers are fat."

it just doesnt make any sense

peace
September 9th, 2005 02:30 PM
ResidentMule the Stones finally come out with their first record in 8 years and suddenly are above any criticism or even comparison to other bands. thats just great. its good that we're all of the maturity to agrue whether "Ozone Mama" or "Rain Fall Down" is the worse song. and God forbid that anyone at any point confused the Stones as a Chuck Berry cover band at any time.

and Sway - stop plugging Rich Robinson's album on here. Marc's would be a much better choice
September 9th, 2005 02:31 PM
White House Lawn >>and... if you really deep down in your heart think that Bang is a good record then defend it accordingly.<<

Dude, I have a fucking life, I don't have the time or the desire to defend anything to you. If YOU hate ABB so much, start ONE THREAD saying so instead of spamming this board with your tiresome, unfunny threads.

"Which version of Biggest Mistake is your favorite?"

"Que. About She Saw Me Coming?"

Har-dee-fucking-har-har!

HATE the album if you want, talk about it here in a thread, whatever, but please quit spamming the fucking board!

BTW--I have almost ALL of the Black Crowes CDs and have seen them a shitload of times. I've always liked the band . . . but you're starting to actually making me HATE them!

[Edited by White House Lawn]
September 9th, 2005 02:32 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
ResidentMule wrote:
and Sway - stop plugging Rich Robinson's album on here. Marc's would be a much better choice

Ford's album is one of my all-time favorites. I put a link up yesterday.

www.marcford.net
September 9th, 2005 02:33 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
White House Lawn wrote:
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Yes. I 100% agree with your review of Streets Of Love.

see... we CAN get along.
[Edited by Saint Sway]
September 9th, 2005 02:37 PM
Saint Sway oh and White House Lawn,

I forgot to give you kudos on such a great comeback

[Edited by Saint Sway]
September 9th, 2005 02:40 PM
White House Lawn Look above, Braniac.
September 9th, 2005 02:42 PM
ResidentMule I think Paper pretty much sucks - first several songs are OK, but by the time it gets into the watered down Hookah Brown remake of "Places" and crap like "Baby" I'm really glad that there's no more solo work to expect from him in the near future.

Ford's album on the other hand has great songs, great playing, and runs through just about every type of blues you need to make a great record. I'm more excited at this point about his 2nd album than all new Crowes. it would give the band enough of a break to release some of that vault material
September 9th, 2005 02:45 PM
lotsajizz I just hate to even think of how the Crowes fucked up Otis' "Too Hard To Handle". Think of how Pigpen and the boys did it versus that wannabee celebrity, second generation Mick-clone who fronts the Crowes!
September 9th, 2005 02:45 PM
Mr Jimmy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Maybe you like Rain Fall Down because it makes you want to sip Pina Coladas and dance under a disco ball.

I've already danced to Rain Fall Down... great fucking time I had indeed. I'm sure some others have danced to it as well, but won't admit to it. That's a big part of what I like about the Stones... you CAN dance to alot of their music.
September 9th, 2005 02:47 PM
Nellcote Sway brother, give us the 411 on new Crowes tunes..
You know the word from the camp, let it fly...
Or will more Crowes recordings live in "Infamy"?
September 9th, 2005 02:50 PM
ResidentMule sounds like a lot of people are really sore about the Stones losing out to Kanye West in sales
September 9th, 2005 03:11 PM
winter
quote:
ResidentMule wrote:
sounds like a lot of people are really sore about the Stones losing out to Kanye West in sales

Yes, and we can only hope that one day the Stones will approach the mammoth commercial success of the recent Crowes releases and Robinson solo projects.

wintah
September 9th, 2005 03:16 PM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Bigger Bang sucks. Sorry if you dont like hearing it from me.

Streets Of Love, Infamy, Rain Fall Down, She Saw Me Coming, Look What the Cat Dragged In, Sweet Neo Con and Biggest Mistake are amongst the worst Stones songs I've ever heard. Right alongside Back To Zero. As bad as anything on Goddess. These songs blow.

even the semi-decent songs suck if you want to compare them to the Crowes.

in fact, there isnt a single song on the record that could make its way onto a Crowes album and you know it.

Yeah, but you think Lions is a great record too. If you're going to try to sell everyone a used beat up car, at least pretend it's a good car. I no ne post you compare Lions to ABB then you say ABB sucks in another. You're a horrible sales person or an undercover troll.
September 9th, 2005 03:24 PM
Saint Sway for the record:

I think ABB is lame. Possibly their worst record.

I've never compared Lions to ABB. In fact, I said there is no comparison.

I said Lions was better. But only because Winter pointlessly brought up the Crowes & Lions for the zillionth time.

I will state again, that there is absolutely no point comparing Bigger Bang with any Crowes album because it sounds nothing like the Black Crowes.

Bang sounds like Goddess In The Doorway Pt. II
September 9th, 2005 03:31 PM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
for the record:

I think ABB is lame. Possibly their worst record.

I've never compared Lions to ABB. In fact, I said there is no comparison.

I said Lions was better. But only because Winter pointlessly brought up the Crowes & Lions for the zillionth time.

I will state again, that there is absolutely no point comparing Bigger Bang with any Crowes album because it sounds nothing like the Black Crowes.

Bang sounds like Goddess In The Doorway Pt. II

I never thought anyone could make me dislike the Crowes, but your posts do help that cause.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)