ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Throbby
Madison Square Garden, NYC - September 13, 2005
© Throbby Thanks a lot
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones to enter British and European charts at #1 Return to archive
September 8th, 2005 06:14 PM
Poison Dart According to several reports today the Stones will enter the British and European charts at #1. It seems they are pulling away from the boy bands they were battling for the #1 spot.

Part of this report was posted at Shidobee today.

Not bad for a band whose drummer is 65 and their one time bass player is 69.

Who would have thought in the year 2005 the Rolling Stones would have the biggest album in the world (looks like #2 in America) to go along with the biggest tour?
September 8th, 2005 07:31 PM
Soldatti I don't want to celebrate early, a UK #1 album in 2005 it's fucking incredible. Let's wait until this Sunday.
September 8th, 2005 07:45 PM
pdog Kanye west is a bust!
September 8th, 2005 07:53 PM
IzzyStradlin I guess I'm the only one who doesn't give 2 shits where they end up in the charts.

What the hell difference does it make?
September 8th, 2005 09:29 PM
Soldatti
quote:
IzzyStradlin wrote:
I guess I'm the only one who doesn't give 2 shits where they end up in the charts.

A #1 album after 41 1/2 years of the first one, is nothing?
It's a record!
September 8th, 2005 09:37 PM
KeepRigid Pretty good time to be a Stones fan. This may be the most activity surrounding an album since Steel Wheels. You actually have to visit the fansites to hear anything negative about the band!
September 8th, 2005 10:59 PM
Steel Wheels Ah...life is good! Great album, hot tour, constant good reviews...

The Rolling Stones.

How I love typing that.

The Rolling Stones!

September 8th, 2005 11:11 PM
exile
quote:
IzzyStradlin wrote:
I guess I'm the only one who doesn't give 2 shits where they end up in the charts.

I dont give a shit
but its nice to know.
September 9th, 2005 03:58 AM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
IzzyStradlin wrote:

You are right. I don't care either.
September 9th, 2005 06:51 AM
hotlicks well it would make my week complete---stones at no 1---norn ireland beating england 1-0----van told me there would be day's like this!!!
[Edited by hotlicks]
September 9th, 2005 07:56 AM
Gazza
quote:
IzzyStradlin wrote:

Personally, I certainly DO give two shits and I'll tell you why.

The Stones will make history on Sunday if this happens - they will become the ONLY act to have topped the charts in FIVE different decades. Elvis hasnt done it, neither have the Beatles. And U2 sure as hell wont. Whats more , they'll have achieved this feat entirely with studio albums. No compilations or posthumous cash-ins like other acts have relied upon.

As a fan, I'm quite proud of that. Sales alone does not necessarily equate to greatness but at the end of the day, I like to see my band do well just like, for example, I want to see my football team do well.

More importantly, it PROVES to us, the media and the band themselves that contrary to common belief, the Rolling Stones have a fanbase that isnt stuck in a 1960's and 1970's timewarp, that STILL wants to hear them make new records and has faith in their ability to do so in the 21st century. (it also disproves the fallacy that the Stones arent appreciated in their own country)

Feel free to stick two fingers up to any of those wankers who trot out the old "wrinkly rockers who havent done anything in decades" crap.

The band cant help but notice that, and if anyone thinks that theyre not going to get a kick out of topping the album charts with a record made when theyre in their 60's, then they're kidding no one but themselves.

The knock on affect of this SHOULD be that the band will have enough self belief in their newer material to play it live to an audience who have voted for it with their pockets instead of feeling obliged to rely on an increasingly tired greatest hits formula

[Edited by Gazza]
September 9th, 2005 08:08 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Gazza wrote:
The Stones will make history on Sunday if this happens - they will become the ONLY act to have topped the charts in FIVE different decades. Elvis hasnt done it, neither have the Beatles. And U2 sure as hell wont. Whats more , they'll have achieved this feat entirely with studio albums. No compilations or posthumous cash-ins like other acts have relied upon.

Impressive. (you gotta love it...!)
September 9th, 2005 08:38 AM
glencar I just wish we didn't have this Kanye West around for sooooo many reasons now.
September 9th, 2005 08:47 AM
gimmekeef Then if true its great.Anyone who saw Kanye West on the NFL thing and buys his shit...has no taste.I personally like the fact they'd have a record of that nature.Dont know why..but I just do....
September 9th, 2005 09:22 AM
jb
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Then if true its great.Anyone who saw Kanye West on the NFL thing and buys his shit...has no taste.I personally like the fact they'd have a record of that nature.Dont know why..but I just do....

I agree with Gazza ........this will be special..too bad we released the album here going against the hateful Kayne West.
September 9th, 2005 09:27 AM
Ten Thousand Motels I had never heard of Kayne West before the other night. He must be a rapper...no?
September 9th, 2005 09:49 AM
jb
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
I had never heard of Kayne West before the other night. He must be a rapper...no?

He is a hip-hop , rap, religious, wanna be Puff Daddy who has made some ridiculous sttements(and not just the Huirricane issue)...................
September 9th, 2005 09:50 AM
glencar What other statements, Joshy? Do we need to get a hate-on for the lil rapper?
September 9th, 2005 09:59 AM
Lord Homosex Great post Gazza!
I too don't pay that much attention to the charst especially beasue they aer inahbited by the dregs of the industry. But it proves so much to the world re the Stones and yes - it might make them (the Stones) change some plans; in a good way. Meaning setlists, releases etc. God, they are SO OLD! Wyman is almost 70.
Kanye West is getting a whooping here.
Again he is a really not that bad. If you don't mind rap. But he is only ok as far as his recordings go. As a person again and again he is showing himself to be a despicable, smallminded imbecile. Spiteful and little. It's baffling.
September 9th, 2005 10:02 AM
glencar Does he do that "Yeah Yeah Yeah" song? They played it at the US Open the other day & I don't see the point of it.
September 9th, 2005 10:06 AM
PartyDoll MEG Well said Gazza!! :cool
September 9th, 2005 10:09 AM
GimmeExile
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Gazza, you just made me a prouder Stones fan! I didn't think it could get any better.
September 9th, 2005 11:01 AM
Mr Jimmy
quote:
glencar wrote:
Does he do that "Yeah Yeah Yeah" song? They played it at the US Open the other day & I don't see the point of it.

The Black Eyed Peas sing:

Yeaaaaah_Yeaaah_Yeah... Yeaaah_Yeah_Yeah

whereas

Usher sings:

Yeah Yeah Yeah... Yeah... Yeah

And to think that some people are complaing about the mediocre lyrics on A Bigger Bang!

September 9th, 2005 11:05 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
What other statements, Joshy? Do we need to get a hate-on for the lil rapper?

Stupid comments about aids and crack ...........
September 9th, 2005 12:25 PM
Moonisup ABB entered the charts at #1 in Holland
September 9th, 2005 11:34 PM
Soldatti Ireland #18 (three days of sale)
Japan #5 (40,100 copies sold)
New Zealand #9

September 10th, 2005 05:26 AM
hotlicks Thanks for the info Soldatti......i'm a nerd for facts and lists !!
September 10th, 2005 05:46 AM
IanBillen Gazza Wrote:
"it PROVES to us, the media and the band themselves that contrary to common belief, the Rolling Stones have a fanbase that isnt stuck in a 1960's and 1970's timewarp, that STILL wants to hear them make new records and has faith in their ability to do so in the 21st century."

I have been trying to edge you to this for six months. Yes, the world, in general does very much care about their latest and what it offers. Yes they do have good studio work left in them. ABB proves that. This isn't any kind of "I said it was true", I am just very pleased with all of this.

Ian
September 10th, 2005 12:40 PM
Gazza Point beng Ian is that for the last few years the band themselves have needed convincing....only 18 months ago Mick and Keith were both talking about having no wish to make another record. The last tour was a nostalgia tour (something Mick vowed he'd never do)yet it was a success.

Now if only this belief in new songs and their audience's awareness of their music outside of their best known hits can translate into good setlists, because the ones so far have been incredibly underwhelming
September 10th, 2005 12:51 PM
Col I also know that more sales doesn't necessarily mean better band/music. So much other factors contributes. The reason I really hope it goes to number 1 is that many younger folks really have the impression that The Stones are an old joke band that should've quit long ago. Instead of wrinkly rockers on tour(again) type shit going into their consiousness, it's going to be The Rolling Stones at number 1 in album chart! Might change a lot of negative opinions of them.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)