ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Throbby
Madison Square Garden, NYC - September 13, 2005
© Throbby Thanks a lot
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones on TV - Thursday, Friday and Saturday! Return to archive
September 7th, 2005 11:00 PM
Steel Wheels Just to remind my fellow Stones fanatics:

Tomorrow (Thursday) evening at 8PM on the ABC Network, the Stones will have an hour leading up to the football game. From what I understand it will be pre-recorded.

Friday at 9PM on Dateline NBC, the Stones will be on for an hour with Matt Lauer.

Saturday at 8PM-11PM, the Stones will be part of the Re Act Now special on VH1 & MTV.

If any of this is wrong, or if you have something to add, please do so! I'm a nut case when it comes to taping tv appearances and I want it all.

September 7th, 2005 11:14 PM
rolling_stone04 is the stones concert in chicago still on for saturday then?
September 7th, 2005 11:18 PM
Steel Wheels I don't see how a tv show would impact a concert, but yeah, the shows are on.

September 7th, 2005 11:19 PM
rolling_stone04 Well it said the benifit was live,,, from 8-11 and the stones will be in chicago on stage at that time i dont see how this is possible?
September 7th, 2005 11:21 PM
Steel Wheels Either they will play a pre-recorded bit, or cut in live to the concert. My money is on a pre-recorded bit.

September 7th, 2005 11:41 PM
pdog Pre-recorded appearances were announced when this benefit was announced. Since i'm a weekend warrior (worker) if anyone TIVO's this stuff, please let me know if you can get me a copy of The Stones stuff on Friday & Saturday.
Hopefully Thursday won't be all chopped up. I'd love to get a few complete songs and not a bunch of soundbites of songs...
I'd gladly offer tons of boots in trade for a DVD of these performances or cash or just sex!
This is a great lead up to NYC!
September 8th, 2005 05:49 AM
Gazza
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
Just to remind my fellow Stones fanatics:

Tomorrow (Thursday) evening at 8PM on the ABC Network, the Stones will have an hour leading up to the football game. From what I understand it will be pre-recorded.

I understood it was a one hour broadcast featuring various artists, including a couple of songs from the Stones

As the Stones arent onstage at that time, its definitely pre-recorded. Detroit I believe.

If you live in the UK, the programme is being broadcast on ITV2 on Friday evening
September 8th, 2005 05:52 AM
Gazza ITV2 schedules Friday 9/9/05

19:30-20.30

NFL 2005 Kick-Off Concert Special

Freddie Prinz Jnr hosts the NFL new-season celebrations featuring performances by Green Day, Santana, Trisha Yearwood, Maroon 5, Kanye West and songs from the Rolling Stones' Detroit gig

www.itv.com

[Edited by Gazza]
September 8th, 2005 06:04 AM
Jumping Jack I thought Fox Magazine was supposed to be doing a behind the scenes special on Sunday, but I can't find anything about it.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,166693,00.html
[Edited by Jumping Jack]
September 8th, 2005 07:37 AM
Steel Wheels Thanks for the update. I have a VCR to program!

Can we make a sticky out of this?
September 8th, 2005 08:26 AM
scope
quote:
pdog wrote:
Pre-recorded appearances were announced when this benefit was announced. Since i'm a weekend warrior (worker) if anyone TIVO's this stuff, please let me know if you can get me a copy of The Stones stuff on Friday & Saturday.
Hopefully Thursday won't be all chopped up. I'd love to get a few complete songs and not a bunch of soundbites of songs...
I'd gladly offer tons of boots in trade for a DVD of these performances or cash or just sex!
This is a great lead up to NYC!

I'll set the recorder going for these and if this is anything worthwhile, I'll burn the sucker and trade you for a beer on Tuesday!
September 8th, 2005 08:30 AM
glencar Man, it's nice to see this new album getting promoted ehavily!
September 8th, 2005 08:33 AM
gimmekeef Tonight the NFL thing will be tough to watch.I'm taping it.It will be 30 minutes of commercials 25 minutes of hip hop crap and then ...oh about...8:53 or so a taped version of Start Me Up from Detroit edited as hell....But at least then we get a football game!
September 8th, 2005 08:47 AM
egon note to self:

must buy satellite dish
September 8th, 2005 03:40 PM
pdog
quote:
scope wrote:
trade you for a beer on Tuesday!

Ummmm. Deal!
September 8th, 2005 10:51 PM
Steel Wheels UPDATE:

The Dateline NBC program is listed on my cable guide as being a two hour hurricane show.

September 8th, 2005 11:02 PM
Angiegirl Too bad I can't see it! I expect full reports of course...
September 9th, 2005 08:51 AM
stones2002 they said on dateline sunday the stones would be on there
September 9th, 2005 11:23 AM
StonesChick
quote:
stones2002 wrote:
they said on dateline sunday the stones would be on there

M. Lauer said on Tuesday the stones would be on Friday also. Keeping my fingers crossed.
September 9th, 2005 11:31 AM
scope According to nbc.com, what we want is on Sunday:

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 9 - 8:00 PM ET

What did the Federal, State and Local authorities know before this catastrophic storm struck, and who's accountable? In an hour-long, "Dateline" investigative documentary, Stone Phillips reports on what went wrong with the nation's prevention and recovery efforts, and talks to some of those who say Katrina did not have to turn out the way it did. Tom Brokaw reports from New Orleans on the challenges this generation will face in its recovery from the tragic effects of Hurricane Katrina.

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 11 - 7:00 PM ET

More on Katrina. Plus on the lighter side of things, Matt Lauer gets a special backstage pass and goes behind the scenes with The Rolling Stones as they kick off their latest world tour, "A Bigger Bang."

[Edited by scope]
September 9th, 2005 11:05 PM
Steel Wheels Someone please tape this! I won't be able to tape this as I'm on vacation.

September 10th, 2005 08:26 PM
beer They just showed Waiting On A Friend on MTV.

-
September 10th, 2005 08:57 PM
The Wick Will there be anything else on or is it just Waiting on a Friend?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)