ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Throbby
Madison Square Garden, NYC - September 13, 2005
© Throbby Thanks a lot
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAΡOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Xcel Energy Center, Saint Paul, MN - 6th September - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
September 7th, 2005 01:10 AM
pdog The setlist is a bust!
September 7th, 2005 01:57 AM
Brainbell Jangler Right, boring setlist, but WAS THERE A "B" STAGE? That's what I've been waiting to fund out.
September 7th, 2005 02:04 AM
sirmoonie There was a B stage, minor glitch at least in St. Paul Xcel center when they move from main stage speakers to B - but anyway - Satsisfaction, ONNYA, parts of Miss You, they do this fade dealie.......

Better review to follow...
September 7th, 2005 02:08 AM
sirmoonie Out of Control never got played. WTF?
September 7th, 2005 02:10 AM
Poplar
lame.
September 7th, 2005 02:18 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Poplar wrote:

lame.

Dude, it wasn't. Wasn't lame atall.

They played Rocks Off too, that wasn't in that list.

Better review to follow, too wiped out.

Glad I went, The Stones were fine. I've seen them better, but there were worth every dime and incovenience.

They CONTINUE to know how to rock and roll. Some really good stuff, for boots fans, I'd go with Beast of Burden from Twin Cities - Super Fine!
September 7th, 2005 02:24 AM
bootcover

September 7th, 2005 02:30 AM
sirmoonie Hell yeahz, like a muh!

Mick wore that pink shirt almost all night. Not quite sure what to make of the fact that I noticed that......

"St. Paul, Minneapolis, how did we miss you that last time? How you feeling? I said how you feeling?"
September 7th, 2005 02:31 AM
Poplar
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Dude, it wasn't. Wasn't lame atall.

Happy to hear you say that. My spirits are boosted.
Now, home from work for my first listen to the "real" bang.
September 7th, 2005 02:41 AM
sirmoonie Shattered never got played, either. Unless I suffered some kind of anuerysm at the time.

Anyone have the actual set list? Sorry I didn't right it down on my turgid penis as I was watching the Stones play rock and roll. I was pre-occupied. Pre O' pied.

I'll piece it together tomorrow.

Great show, you guys! Don't for a minute be hesitant to see The Rolling Stones do some fucking Bang!
September 7th, 2005 02:43 AM
sirmoonie I mean "write" it donw.

I mean "down."

Later....my ears are really ringing....yow!
September 7th, 2005 02:48 AM
UGot2Rollme Sir Moonie, How much did you have to drink?..
September 7th, 2005 04:15 AM
Jeep Take a look at the stage in this building video :

http://www.wcco.com/video/[email protected]

September 7th, 2005 04:22 AM
Jumacfly This set list is a major disappointement!
September 7th, 2005 04:28 AM
pdog
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
This set list is a major disappointement!

That stage is bigger than your spliff...
September 7th, 2005 04:30 AM
beer
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
This set list is a major disappointement!

Mostly, but we still don't know what the actual list was. Moonie says Rocks Off was played! the Shidoobee phoned in setlist might not be completly accurate.

-
September 7th, 2005 05:23 AM
charlotte Posted on Wed, Sep. 07, 2005

Running hot

BY ROSS RAIHALA
Pop Music Critic

In an energetic performance, the Rolling Stones show no signs of being ready to retire.

Two songs into the Rolling Stones' Tuesday night concert at the Xcel Energy Center, Mick Jagger tugged at the waist of his red T-shirt, exposing a 62-year-old tummy so tight it would make a grown man (and woman) cry.

But it wasn't just Jagger's abs that were in fine shape during the sold-out show. Forty-three years into a career that's earned them the billing as "The World's Greatest Rock Band," the Stones are still amazingly vital and a whole lot of fun.

With three of the four main members joining Jagger in the over-60 club (at 58, guitarist Ron Wood is the baby of the bunch), the Stones played with the vigor and energy of a band a third their age.

And while they've long drawn criticism for their ever-increasing ticket prices — the best seats Tuesday rang in at $350 each — they didn't phone in their performance like a bunch of bored, filthy rich stars. Jagger pranced and strutted around the massive stage, while guitarists Wood and Keith Richards traded smiles and licks, and rock-solid drummer Charlie Watts kept the entire operation running.

The Stones played with the energy and drive of a band about to say farewell — even though the band members have never confirmed this is their last tour. Indeed, the band's new album "A Bigger Bang" is the best Stones disc in decades, and they've hinted that it's just the start of a creative revival in the studio.

The set list relied heavily on the band's meaty '70s numbers, from "Tumbling Dice" and "Rocks Off" through "Beast of Burden" and "Miss You." They opened the show, which clocked in at just under two hours, with their second-most famous song, "Start Me Up."

The band's most famous song — "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" — showed up in a four-number set that took place in the middle of the arena. A large chunk of the stage lifted up on hydraulics and slowly sailed past dozens of rows of fans to give the cheap seats a better look at the band's grizzled faces.

It was a gimmick, but it worked, and the multigenerational audience loved it. They also dug the fiery cover of Ray Charles' "(Night Time Is) The Right Time" and even seemed to appreciate the new single "Rough Justice" (one of a handful of tracks from "A Bigger Bang").

Of course, it helped that this bunch of foxy grandpas turned in the sort of performance that suggests they could keep on going into, gulp, their 70s.

Ross Raihala can be reached at [email protected] or 651-228-5553.

September 7th, 2005 06:27 AM
Jumacfly I hope they ve played Rocks Off edited version from LL!!
September 7th, 2005 07:10 AM
LadyJane Interesting observations....Set list is disappointing, BUT those that attend the shows are VERY satisfied.

So I'm fairly certain of what I'll hear at Solider Field on Saturday....but I get the chance to see MY band playing great. I'm happy.

LJ.
September 7th, 2005 07:25 AM
corgi37 Jumacfly, mate, that is funny.
[Edited by corgi37]
September 7th, 2005 08:23 AM
mac_daddy nice review charlotte...

sounds to me like the shidoobee selist was a bust
September 7th, 2005 08:38 AM
Child of the Moon Someone needs to get an accurate setlist up, pronto! I just gotsta know!
September 7th, 2005 08:44 AM
Jumacfly they 've change the stage for the show....pξcs anywhere??
September 7th, 2005 08:47 AM
Madafaka No way man, I can't believe it!
Yesterday was a special day. New cd, first arena show and nothing!
September 7th, 2005 10:25 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Child of the Moon wrote:
Someone needs to get an accurate setlist up, pronto! I just gotsta know!

Verified Set list from IORR (http://www.iorr.org/tour05/stpaul.htm) apparently this particular case it was a fake info rolling around

1. • Start Me Up
2. • You Got Me Rocking
3. • She's So Cold
4. • Tumbling Dice
5. • Rough Justice
6. • Back Of My Hand
7. • Beast Of Burden
8. • Rocks Off
9. • Night Time Is The Right Time
10. • The Worst (Keith)
11. • Infamy (Keith)
12. • Miss You (to B-stage)
13. • Oh No, Not You Again (B-stage)
14. • Satisfaction (B-stage)
15. • Honky Tonk Women (from B-stage)
16. • Sympathy For The Devil
17. • Jumping Jack Flash
18. • Brown Sugar
19. • You Can't Always Get What You Want (encore)
20. • It's Only Rock'n Roll (encore)
September 7th, 2005 10:31 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Rough justice here, shattered (shidoobee) out and Rocks Off in LOL that happened because a fake setlist appeared before the show
September 7th, 2005 10:35 AM
Saint Sway PATHETIC!!!!

They cant even change the set list for the arena shows

why???

THATS SO FUCKING LAME

what about all the songs they rehearsed in toronto?????

folks we are stuck with the same war horse heavy set for EVERY SINGLE SHOW.

this sucks. THIS REALLY SUCKS.

THIS REALLY REALLY SUCKS.

I'm putting my tix up for sale today. Anyone from here who wants MSG or Giants Stadium can have them at cost. Just PM me and there yours.
September 7th, 2005 10:51 AM
jb The set list is a little disappointing as reports were that they had rehearsed CYHMK at the sound check..then agsain, they also rehearsed SOL at the sound check. I guess they felt more comfortable wit RO....I guess we won't get as much variation as we had hoped for, but the playing is strong from all reports. The thing that still bothers me, is the lack of any comaraderie among Mick and keith..it's time for them to both lighten up and enjoy each other...it seems like it is MJ and his Rolling Stones which is not good..
September 7th, 2005 11:11 AM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Glad I went, The Stones were fine. I've seen them better, but there were worth every dime and incovenience.

They CONTINUE to know how to rock and roll. Some really good stuff, for boots fans, I'd go with Beast of Burden from Twin Cities - Super Fine!

Was it a better show than the Denver PCenter ( 02/01/03 ) ?!?!?!

I can't wait to read your review Moonie ! ... YES !
September 7th, 2005 11:44 AM
charlotte Last update: September 7, 2005 at 7:12 AM
Concert review: Stones strip down, rock out
Jon Bream
Star Tribune
Published September 7, 2005

Wait a minute! Let me check my Rolling Stones ticket stub. It doesn't say Northrop Auditorium. It says Xcel Energy Center.

But the Stones' show Tuesday was the kind of intimate, low-frills, just plain ol' rock 'n' roll that I'd been dreaming about for years from the world's greatest band. I'd swear I was at Northrop -- except for that floating stage bit (more on that later).

Most importantly, Mick Jagger didn't have stories of scaffolding and endless ramps on which to run around, as we've seen on just about every post-1972 Stones tour. This was just a large, bare-bones stage -- perfect for manic Mick and his mincing moves and his spotlight-shy backup band.

Indeed, this was the Mick Jagger show (he took his own curtain call at the end). Dressed in a red leather fedora, red T-shirt, black jacket (with red sequined Stones tongue-logos) and black jeans, he carried on like a hyper Prune Face on a Stick. Some 2,000 light years on, he remains an unparalleled frontman and athlete. While Jerry Rice is retiring from pro football at age 42, Jagger, 62, is still at the top of his game, prancing and primping for nearly two hours and, more significantly, singing with sass and consistent conviction.

Maybe this was sweeter, as Jagger put it Tuesday, because he said the Stones skipped the Twin Cities on their last tour, three years ago, for no apparent reason. Plus, after six concerts in mammoth outdoor stadiums, this was the Stones' first arena concert on this tour.

There was an undeniable freshness to their performance as well as a consistency not witnessed at previous Stones' shows in the Twin Cities. The group started strong with "Start Me Up,"You Got Me Rocking,"She's So Cold" and "Tumbling Dice." Jagger was aerobicizing at the prospect of getting laid (the theme of many of his songs) and guitarist Keith Richards seemed happily lost in his voodoo licks.

Two songs from "A Bigger Bang," which was released Tuesday, kept the party rocking -- the furious "Rough Justice" and the stinging blues "Back of My Hand." A loose "Rocks Off" got the sell-out crowd off. Another crowd-pleaser was the stadium-ready Ray Charles tribute, "The Night Time Is the Right Time," featuring screaming backup singer Lisa Fischer.

More intimate was the small stage set when a portion of the main stage traveled to the opposite end of the arena for a four-song segment (with a separate sound system) that gave "Satisfaction" -- both the song and the emotion. Then came the usual flurry of Stones classics, peaking with the closing "It's Only Rock 'n' Roll" featuring guitar fireworks and then actual post-show fireworks.

Once again, Jagger proved that he is one of rock's greatest performers. No one in rock enjoys dancing more to his own music than Sir Mick. The Stones may not rank as rock's greatest artists; they've never shown the growth and range of Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Bruce Springsteen, David Bowie and Prince, to name a few. But that's OK. It's only rock 'n' roll. And it was enough to make a grown man smile.

See set list at www.startribune.com/reviews.

Jon Bream is at 612-673-1719 or [email protected].

Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)