ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

23 years ago!!!
The Cockroaches - warm-up club gig - 1981 US tour
Sir Morgans Cove - Worcester, MA - September 14, 1981
© 1981 Ron Pownall
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick to sing back up with Joss Stone in "Alfie" theme song (SSC) Return to archive
September 1st, 2004 02:45 PM
Monkey Woman From RS mag, where else...

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story?id=6466156&pageid=rs.Home&pageregion=single1

Stone Meets Rolling Stone

Joss joins Mick for "Alfie" soundtrack

Joss Stone has earned quite a reputation as an interpreter, putting her soulful stamp on songs by Aretha Franklin and the White Stripes on her debut, 2003's The Soul Sessions. Her latest cover endeavor finds the seventeen-year-old remaking Burt Bacharach and Hal David's "Alfie," famously recorded in 1967 by Dionne Warwick.
"When I go to England, I'm going to put a day aside and go and do it," says the British singer, who is currently on tour. "Mick Jagger is singing backup and Dave Stewart is [producing]. It's going to be cool."

Stone's version will appear on the soundtrack to a remake of the 1966 film, Alfie. Jagger and Stewart are supervising the recording and also composed three original songs and an original score. The original film starred Michael Caine as a ladykiller; Jude Law now takes over the role. The film is set for release on October 22nd.

Mind, Body and Soul, Stone's first collection of original material, is due September 28th. For it, she enlisted guest stars of her own: Angie Stone plays piano, the Roots' ?uestlove plays drums and Nile Rodgers plays guitar.

Stone has also lent her vocals to Canadian hip-hop group Dead Celebrity Status. "They came to one of my gigs in Toronto and said they liked my stuff," Stone says. "Anyone that I like as a person, I'll sing on their record. I love singing for other people."

KAREN BLISS
(Posted Aug 31, 2004)
September 1st, 2004 02:52 PM
caro Hi MW! Welcome back :-)

Speaking of Joss Stone, I'd be interested to hear what y'all think of her. I've listened to some of her stuff and found it a bit sterile. Then again, what I heard came from YahooLaunch, so I suppose I didn't hear the best songs, and the sound of my computer is shitty anyway...
September 1st, 2004 04:18 PM
Mel Belli She's a great study, but nothing earth-shattering.
September 1st, 2004 04:46 PM
Joey
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
She's a great study, but nothing earth-shattering.

Did Mick clear this with Keith ?!?!?!

Jacky
September 1st, 2004 07:09 PM
Soldatti Keith, are you there?
Keith...Keith!!
September 1st, 2004 08:55 PM
gotdablouse Keith seems to have lost interest for what he used to live for, i.e. music, so I guess one might say he's "dead" :-(
September 1st, 2004 09:09 PM
Kris
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
Keith seems to have lost interest for what he used to live for, i.e. music, so I guess one might say he's "dead" :-(

What an awful thing to say. For all you know, he may be recording in his basement as we surf the net.
September 1st, 2004 09:42 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Kris wrote:
For all you know, he may be recording in his basement as we surf the net.

You wish!!! That will be a miracle...
I'm sure that he is listening the Wailers and smoking something bigger than his head...
[Edited by Soldatti]
September 2nd, 2004 04:16 PM
Saint Sway I bet Mick shags her rotten
September 2nd, 2004 04:25 PM
Kris
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I bet Mick shags her rotten

Yeah, he's probably hoping at least. Is she hot? I don't think I know what she looks like.
September 2nd, 2004 05:08 PM
Saint Sway Shes hot
September 2nd, 2004 09:48 PM
Soldatti
quote:
I wrote yesterday:
I'm sure that he is listening the Wailers and smoking something bigger than his head...

My prediction was true, he is ON THE BEACH right now!!!
(see Shidoobee)
September 3rd, 2004 09:29 PM
gotdablouse
quote:
Kris wrote:
What an awful thing to say. For all you know, he may be recording in his basement as we surf the net.

Well you gotta face the...music at some point right, I've been in the Stones for the music more than anything else and at this point in time it appears to be a thing of the past, passed away :-(