ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

23 years ago!!!
The Cockroaches - warm-up club gig - 1981 US tour
Sir Morgans Cove - Worcester, MA - September 14, 1981
© 1981 Ron Pownall
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 30 Candles for Angie Girl? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
August 30th, 2004 10:53 AM
UGot2Rollme isn't it your Birthday today?
ain't it good to be alive?!
August 30th, 2004 11:56 AM
egon Happy b-day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gefeliciteeerd!!!!!!!!

And not late for once :-)
August 30th, 2004 12:02 PM
Gazza Have a great birthday!
August 30th, 2004 12:14 PM
WildBillGrover Who would agree with me that "Angie" was one of the most depressing songs the Stones ever wrote?
August 30th, 2004 12:18 PM
egon no, that would be "don't stop".
August 30th, 2004 12:28 PM
F505 I hope you're not a candle in the wind!
Congrats.
August 30th, 2004 12:37 PM
jb Happy birthday.....30 is an age at which you should have a good idea where your life is heading...you should also be married and have children by now, or face the fear of being an "old maid" and growing old lonely and by yourself.You should also have a decent amount of savings. at least 6 months of your current income, for "rainy days". Have a great day!!!
August 30th, 2004 12:50 PM
Angiegirl Actually, I'm turning 30 tomorrow, the 31st. But thanx all!! I decided to stay 29 forever

August 30th, 2004 12:53 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
WildBillGrover wrote:
Who would agree with me that "Angie" was one of the most depressing songs the Stones ever wrote?

Yes, I would. But Josh's description was even more depressing...
August 30th, 2004 12:55 PM
Factory Girl Happy Birthday!!!
August 30th, 2004 12:58 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Well, a day too early, but what the heck.

Happy birthday dear and have a nice day! 29 for ever !!!
August 30th, 2004 01:04 PM
mickmask Have a great B-day Angiegirl!
29 forever?.... join the club! lol
and BTW, I absolutely LOVE the song 'Angie'. It's not depressing, it's beautiful.
mm.
August 30th, 2004 01:10 PM
nankerphelge Sexual frustration has driven a mild-mannered chimpanzee to take up smoking and spitting, according to China's Xinhua news agency.
Feili, 13, has turned from a "gentle girl" into a "shrew", said Liu Bing, the director of her zoo in Zhengzhou, central Henan province.

Mr Liu said Feili's partner at the zoo was 28 years her senior, and was unable "to meet her sexual demands".

Feili was not addicted to nicotine, he said, but was just imitating tourists.

However, she does appear to be quite keen on smoking - and has been known to resort to desperate measures to get what she wants.

Xinhua reported that Feili became excited when she saw a visitor light up a cigarette, and grew impatient when they showed no sign of giving it to her.

It quoted one boy visiting the zoo as saying: "Just now a tourist threw a cigarette butt to just outside the cage - she tried to get the butt with a stick."

August 30th, 2004 01:12 PM
jb
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Sexual frustration has driven a mild-mannered chimpanzee to take up smoking and spitting, according to China's Xinhua news agency.
Feili, 13, has turned from a "gentle girl" into a "shrew", said Liu Bing, the director of her zoo in Zhengzhou, central Henan province.

Mr Liu said Feili's partner at the zoo was 28 years her senior, and was unable "to meet her sexual demands".

Feili was not addicted to nicotine, he said, but was just imitating tourists.

However, she does appear to be quite keen on smoking - and has been known to resort to desperate measures to get what she wants.

Xinhua reported that Feili became excited when she saw a visitor light up a cigarette, and grew impatient when they showed no sign of giving it to her.

It quoted one boy visiting the zoo as saying: "Just now a tourist threw a cigarette butt to just outside the cage - she tried to get the butt with a stick."

Can you answer my question yet?
August 30th, 2004 01:16 PM
GimmeExile
quote:
jb wrote:
Happy birthday.....30 is an age at which you should have a good idea where your life is heading...you should also be married and have children by now, or face the fear of being an "old maid" and growing old lonely and by yourself.You should also have a decent amount of savings. at least 6 months of your current income, for "rainy days". Have a great day!!!

jb, you're really showing your age!

Turning 30 in 2004 is like turning 21 in 1974.
August 30th, 2004 01:18 PM
Angiegirl Thank you GimmeExile, my point exactly, hehehe. Although not for everyone of course...
August 30th, 2004 01:44 PM
LadyJane Happy Birthday Angie. 30 is a great age! Enjoy!

LJ.
August 30th, 2004 02:05 PM
stewed & Keefed Have a great birthday tomorrow
August 30th, 2004 02:14 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Happy 3-0 Birthday!
August 30th, 2004 02:20 PM
gypsy Happy Birthday Angiegirl! Hope you have a great day!
August 30th, 2004 02:21 PM
Joey

Happy Happy 21st Birthday Angiegirl !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 30th, 2004 02:22 PM
steel driving hammer Sorry you and I couldn't make some back stage love...

Happy Birthday Princess.

August 30th, 2004 02:26 PM
steel driving hammer Gonna watch Fox News tonight my Brother?
August 30th, 2004 02:28 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

Baby Steel Magnolia ?!?!

THe election was effectively offer when Hilary didn't run....Bush in 04 is all but completed...don't waste your time voting as it won't even be close!!!
August 30th, 2004 02:31 PM
Joey
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Gonna watch Fox News tonight my Brother?

No .

I smell another " Tet " ................and you ?!?!
August 30th, 2004 02:34 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

No .

I smell another " Tet " ................and you ?!?!

Babie Steel Magnolia /Crazy Finish Bastard/CF
August 30th, 2004 02:35 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
THe election was effectively offer when Hilary didn't run....Bush in 04 is all but completed...don't waste your time voting as it won't even be close!!!

Bill and Hillary Clinton are sitting this one out for a reason .

Oh , and the fact that this current , sitting , elected President -- now running for re-election -- was never challanged for his party's nomination makes it a good bet that he WILL get re-elected . *** Joey just confused himself ***

However .....................I DO smell another " Tet Offensive " in the air .

" ... Am I alone in this Ronnie ?!?! "

Kurscee !
August 30th, 2004 02:37 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Sorry you and I couldn't make some back stage love...

Happy Birthday Princess.

Thanx Tony, but that love will never happen with you having that avatar . Great Angiegirl pic by the way!!
August 30th, 2004 02:43 PM
jb This was a absolutely fantastic show with exciting, fresh, and truly talented performers. The Christina Aguilera/Nelley performance was so "tight" and Usher simply rules. Thankfully, the young people today have taken the torch and created their own distinctive style. The show also reflected well on Miami, arguably, the greatest city in America, in terms of nightlife, fun, and excitement....

Because I'm Mr. L-#1 Miami Stones fan!!!
August 30th, 2004 03:08 PM
Poplar
geez - I hit 30 next year.
c'mon baby dry your eyes.

Page: 1 2 3