ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

23 years ago!!!
The Cockroaches - warm-up club gig - 1981 US tour
Sir Morgans Cove - Worcester, MA - September 14, 1981
© 1981 Ron Pownall
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jump Back sales Return to archive Page: 1 2
August 26th, 2004 12:54 PM
Stones I know it has only been a few days, but any word on how many copies of the "new" Jump Back CD have been sold ? Are the liner notes the same as the ones on the original import version form 1993?
August 26th, 2004 02:58 PM
jb 33 copies as of press time.
August 26th, 2004 05:12 PM
Angiegirl You only bought 33 Josh? I'm very disappointed.
August 26th, 2004 05:47 PM
Gazza I'd love to interview the people who actually bought it
August 26th, 2004 08:10 PM
Bob Tamp I am one of the stupid fuckers who constantly gives to the Stones coffers who bought Jump Back. I wanted it for the supposedly new cover... Boy did the Stones screw us again( but I will never learn, and my stupidity is money in the bank for them).

WARNING- JUMP BACK DOES NOT HAVE A DIFFERENT COVER.
THE BLUE WRAPPING IS JUST CELLOPHANE COVERING THE DISC.
OPEN IT AND YOU GET THE SAME OLD STUPID PAIR OF SNEAKERS AND BOOTS FROM THE PREVIOUS RELEASE. COMPLETELY IDENTICAL!!!
August 26th, 2004 09:36 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Bob Tamp wrote:
WARNING- JUMP BACK DOES NOT HAVE A DIFFERENT COVER.
THE BLUE WRAPPING IS JUST CELLOPHANE COVERING THE DISC.
OPEN IT AND YOU GET THE SAME OLD STUPID PAIR OF SNEAKERS AND BOOTS FROM THE PREVIOUS RELEASE. COMPLETELY IDENTICAL!!!

The same cover!
Hands Up!!!!
August 26th, 2004 09:57 PM
corgi37 You know, i bet the Stones are really angry with themselves for not making a new album in 7 years. Just think of the 1-2 new tracks they could put on another 22-23 compilation cd's?
August 26th, 2004 10:03 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Stones wrote:
I know it has only been a few days, but any word on how many copies of the "new" Jump Back CD have been sold ?

The next Monday I will post the midweek sales from here:
http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/sales/salescht.cgi

Don't expect high numbers or high poistion for the album, this week there are too many high releases.
August 26th, 2004 11:51 PM
BILL PERKS ITS 9.99 AT BEST BUY...I CHECKED COPYRIGHT DATE ON WRAPPER AND IT SAYS ONLY 1993.NOTHING DIFFERENT.IT WOULDNT BE SO GALLING IF THEY HADNT RELEASED FORTY LICKS.
August 27th, 2004 12:10 AM
Egbert Bob Tamp - no offense meant, but why buy the CD for THAT cover?

Thanks for the warning.
[Edited by Egbert]
August 27th, 2004 01:27 AM
Soldatti
quote:
Egbert wrote:
Bob Tamp - no offense meant, but why buy the CD for THAT cover?

Because we are so stupid!
Imagine this: I'm going to buy the "new" Jump Back for the new cover and then I found that the cover is the same but with a "different" cellophane covering the CD!
I bought the new version for the cellophane!

[Edited by Soldatti]
August 27th, 2004 01:37 AM
Egbert Exactly. Sad thing is the old cover looks WAY better than the new cover (and that's not saying much).
August 27th, 2004 01:50 AM
Egbert The only way this new version of Jump Back would be worth anything at all is if the edited songs were restored to their full length, or if Virgin had made it an SACD/hybrid disc. Otherwise, the same can be found on 40 Licks.
August 27th, 2004 04:51 AM
F505 The most saddest part is that the Jump Back cover is one of the most ugly covers ever
August 27th, 2004 05:44 AM
egon
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
You know, i bet the Stones are really angry with themselves for not making a new album

I think you are right. i am sure they can't sleep at night
because the worry about us, the fans
August 27th, 2004 06:34 AM
Moonisup I've got that cd, a friend gave it to me! I would never bought it, I don't even have 40 licks !
August 27th, 2004 03:49 PM
Steel Wheels Has anyone noticed that the Stones are not advertising the album on their website, doing any in-store promotion, or print ads?

August 27th, 2004 04:49 PM
F505 Who is interested how many copies this superfluous album sells anyway?
August 27th, 2004 04:58 PM
gimmekeef If it was free I doubt more than a few thousand would bother to walk in and ask for it!
August 27th, 2004 07:05 PM
Gazza Superfluous?? Surely not!

rs.com 's press statement announcing it's forthcoming release described it as "A must-have for diehard fans and casual listeners of the Rolling Stones alike"

Are you trying to suggest they lied to us?
August 27th, 2004 09:32 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Superfluous?? Surely not!

rs.com 's press statement announcing it's forthcoming release described it as "A must-have for diehard fans and casual listeners of the Rolling Stones alike"

They forgot that the CD has a brand new celopahane covering the cover.
If this not is a must have for diehard fans...
August 28th, 2004 09:04 PM
Trey Krimsin I did buy this CD because I found out a week ago my other copy of Jump Back skips on three different songs. I felt it was necessary to buy a new copy, since I play this more than 40 Licks.
August 28th, 2004 09:28 PM
Stonesthrow
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Surely not (and I won't call you Surely). The rs.com spin machine is more cosmically aware of what we need than are we mere mortals. I suddenly have this urge to go to Best Buy.

August 29th, 2004 02:12 AM
beer
quote:
egon wrote:

I think you are right. i am sure they can't sleep at night
because the worry about us, the fans

You are absolutely right Egon. I sometimes worry about Mick staying up all hours of the night, pacing the floors, racking his brain, trying to come up with the best way to please his fans(us). Time and time again, he has had our best interests in mind, and yet we still take him for granted. I think it is high time that we all (All Of Us) RUN to the nearest store and purchase 3(Three) copies of Jump Back, right now. It is the right thing to do. And while we're all purchasing our Jump Back CDs, buy a copy of "Primitive Cool" just as a token of our appreciation. It's about time we put our money($) where our mouths are, regarding this band. I just don't feel that we are pulling our weight.
August 29th, 2004 02:18 AM
Mr Hess I'm a completist, so............
August 29th, 2004 03:07 AM
souldoggie I bought it. I always buy new Stones records. Old habit. Costs as much as a double Manhattan.
August 29th, 2004 04:10 AM
Stonesthrow I always thought Manhattan cost $24.00.
August 29th, 2004 04:50 AM
F505
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Glad there is at least one person who considers Jump Back as a indispensable milestone in the history of rock 'n' roll
August 29th, 2004 10:13 PM
corgi37 I'll wait for the next compilation. Should be, oh, by Christmas! hahahaha

Umm, i'm not kidding either!
August 30th, 2004 07:50 AM
charlotte embarrassing...I saw the ad on TV last night
Page: 1 2