ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

23 years ago!!!
The Cockroaches - warm-up club gig - 1981 US tour
Sir Morgans Cove - Worcester, MA - September 14, 1981
© 1981 Ron Pownall
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Brussels Affair Return to archive Page: 1 2
August 28th, 2004 09:48 AM
egon
quote:
doo doo doo Dude wrote:
Brussels is the shit. I'll hook you guys up, PM me.

that's great. i'll PM later.
(may even have something for you in return)

cheers.
August 28th, 2004 10:15 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
F505 wrote:
You can't always get is my favorite from BA. The sax solo in combination with Keith's rhythm guitar is probably the best on a stones record ever.

absolutely agreed - one of the finest moments in the history of rock n roll, imho...
August 28th, 2004 12:20 PM
justforyou Some fav. moments for me are: Tumbling Dice: Taylor's lead breaks between the verses and the solo itself, time gets stretched....also when he rejoins after the sax solo in YCAGWYW. And of course Keith's rhythm style is just magnificent.
August 28th, 2004 03:25 PM
Soldatti
quote:
justforyou wrote:
Some fav. moments for me are: Tumbling Dice: Taylor's lead breaks between the verses and the solo itself, time gets stretched....also when he rejoins after the sax solo in YCAGWYW. And of course Keith's rhythm style is just magnificent.

100% agree
August 30th, 2004 02:05 AM
Zack
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
can anyone get me sorted for perth '73??

Drop me a PM SIA, and I'll send you Perth.
August 30th, 2004 02:46 AM
stonedinaustralia thanks very much Zack

check your PM

cheers
August 30th, 2004 01:01 PM
jpenn11 "Mick Taylor excess"? Yes, I've heard of this theory, but it has never been found on any boot.
August 30th, 2004 01:52 PM
jb Mick Taylor excesses must mean playing a great lead guitar....something we have not had in 30 yrs...
August 30th, 2004 02:26 PM
Joey
< ---------- Mick Taylor excesses must mean playing a great lead guitar....something we have not had in 30 yrs...

Interesting Point there little buddy .

Thanks
August 30th, 2004 02:42 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

< ---------- Mick Taylor excesses must mean playing a great lead guitar....something we have not had in 30 yrs...

Interesting Point there little buddy .

Thanks

This was a absolutely fantastic show with exciting, fresh, and truly talented performers. The Christina Aguilera/Nelley performance was so "tight" and Usher simply rules. Thankfully, the young people today have taken the torch and created their own distinctive style. The show also reflected well on Miami, arguably, the greatest city in America, in terms of nightlife, fun, and excitement....

Because I'm Mr. L-#1 Miami Stones fan!!!
August 30th, 2004 02:46 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
This was a absolutely fantastic show with exciting, fresh, and truly talented performers. The Christina Aguilera/Nelley performance was so "tight" and Usher simply rules. Thankfully, the young people today have taken the torch and created their own distinctive style. The show also reflected well on Miami, arguably, the greatest city in America, in terms of nightlife, fun, and excitement....

Bill and Hillary Clinton are sitting this election out for a reason .

Oh , and the fact that this current , sitting , elected President -- now running for re-election -- was never challanged for his party's nomination makes it a good bet that he WILL get re-elected .... *** WTF ?!?! Young Joey just confused himself again ***

However .....................I DO smell another " Tet Offensive " in the air .

" ... Am I alone in this Ronnie ?!?! "

" Sniff ! "

D. J. Jersee Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !
August 30th, 2004 02:50 PM
jb Jesus fucking Christ, you're going to reach 11k this week!!! You and Bush are both going to get a "bump" with this type of momentum!!!!
August 30th, 2004 03:01 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Jesus fucking Christ, you're going to reach 11k this week!!! You and Bush are both going to get a "bump" with this type of momentum!!!!

Nothing like the " Big Mo " my Brother ...............

By the way , I have a sharp pain in my lower back and there is blood in my urine AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Developing .................................

Shiver .....................................

" Stones Rule You Friggin Bastards ! "

August 30th, 2004 03:06 PM
jb I have had numbness , tingling and non-stop vertigo for over a month...hence the low post totals..tomorrow i see the ENT..hopefully an inner ear thing as opposed to a metastic brain tumor or MS....did you have your kidneys and bladder checked?

August 30th, 2004 03:22 PM
Joey " I have had numbness , tingling and non-stop vertigo for over a month...hence the low post totals..tomorrow i see the ENT..hopefully an inner ear thing as opposed to a metastic brain tumor or MS ...."

You make Joey cry !

Tomorrow I start accepting donations for the " JB Research Center for Jewish Studies "

" ....did you have your kidneys and bladder checked? "

No , my major medical will not cover it --- they told me to come back when our country's Health Care System has been nationalized --

W- W- W- W- What ?!?! ......Oh , sure :

Bill and Hillary Clinton are sitting this election out for a reason .

Oh , and the fact that this current , sitting , elected President -- now running for re-election -- was never challanged for his party's nomination makes it a good bet that he WILL get re-elected .... *** WTF ?!?! Young Joey just confused himself again ***

However .....................I DO smell another " Tet Offensive " in the air .

" ... Am I alone in this Ronnie ?!?! "

" Sniff ! "

August 30th, 2004 03:49 PM
F505 Hi Joey, I will send you a copy of Brussels Affair so you can enjoy some fine music of the greatest rock 'n' roll band in the world!
August 30th, 2004 04:00 PM
Joey
quote:
F505 wrote:
Hi Joey, I will send you a copy of Brussels Affair so you can enjoy some fine music of the greatest rock 'n' roll band in the world!

Hello F505 ---- I already have " Brussels Affair " ( Best live album in the world ) !

Thanks

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJersee !
August 30th, 2004 09:38 PM
gotdablouse Same year, same tour, listen to GS from Hamburg off the "Stars in the Sky never Die" LP and you'll probably agree that with the opening bars of UMT in 1981, this is THE greatest moment in the Stones' history!
August 30th, 2004 10:03 PM
mac_daddy i sent out that europe 73 disc to a bunch of people around here. it is the best sounding source from that tour that i have had the pleasure of hearing...
August 31st, 2004 09:33 AM
Joey Thanks mac_daddy
Rocks Off Member
August 31st, 2004 09:59 AM
F505
quote:
Joey wrote:
I already have " Brussels Affair "

?
August 31st, 2004 10:01 AM
Joey
quote:
F505 wrote:

?

Hello F505 .................Do you have " Stripped Companion " ?!?! ..............." Hello Mountain People " ?!?!?! ............." Swansea ' 76 " ?!?!?!

Developing ....................................

M. Jackyfly !
August 31st, 2004 10:11 AM
F505
quote:
Joey wrote:

Hello F505 .................Do you have " Stripped Companion " ?!?! ..............." Hello Mountain People " ?!?!?! ............." Swansea ' 76 " ?!?!?!

Developing ....................................

M. Jackyfly !

Yes i do have! I will send you a copy as soon as possible!
August 31st, 2004 11:48 AM
Joey
quote:
F505 wrote:

Yes i do have! I will send you a copy as soon as possible!

{{{{{{{ ? }}}}}}}}}}

Why ?!?!
August 31st, 2004 11:58 AM
F505
quote:
Joey wrote:

{{{{{{{ ? }}}}}}}}}}

Why ?!?!

I thought you would be grateful!
August 31st, 2004 12:08 PM
Joey
quote:
F505 wrote:

I thought you would be grateful!

I have all of those boots -- I was teasing you .

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJazzy !
August 31st, 2004 03:58 PM
F505
quote:
Joey wrote:

I have all of those boots -- I was teasing you .

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJazzy !

September 2nd, 2004 10:11 AM
egon
quote:
doo doo doo Dude wrote:
Brussels is the shit. I'll hook you guys up, PM me.

dddD, u have PM.
Page: 1 2