ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Gillette Stadium, Foxboro, MA Spetember 5, 2002
By Brian Rasic with thanks to moy!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones to return to Ireland in 2003!! Return to archive
09-11-02 06:04 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl NORE: THIS MESSAGE WAS SENT BY GAZZA!!! HE'S SO HAPPY THAT CAN'T HARDLY FIND THE "SUBMIT" BUTTON

This is from today's Irish editions of the "Daily Mirror" (comparitively happy news on Sept 11th for a change!)..as this page wouldn't be on the online editions, I typed it out

...the Stones are planning a return to Ireland in 2003 to play Slane Castle (about 20 miles north of Dublin), where I saw my first Stones gig in 1982. Here's hoping it won't be my last one!

"SATISFACTION FOR SLANE - STONES TO ROCK CASTLE" by Paul Martin

The Stones are set to roll into Slane next year, I can reveal.

The rock legends have secretly launched discussions about headlining next year's bash. Organisers of the annual extravaganza are desperate to get a top name who can sell out the venue next August.

A source close to the band revealed : "Yes, they have been approached about headlining Slane. We're looking at a concert date in August next year but these things take a lot of organization. Mick Jagger and the rest of the band are really excited about the idea of coming back to Ireland. "

The group have just launched their 40th anniversary tour in the US where they have sold out major outdoor stadiums. Over the next year they will tour Europe, Australia and possibly stage their grand finale at Slane. The Stereophonics headlined this year's festival which attracted 60,000 music fans. But organisers believe The Rolling Stones will sell the venue out and equal the record- breaking crowds who watched U2's triumphant homecoming last year.

The source added: "The Stones love Ireland and there's nothing they would enjoy more than finishing their tour with a huge concert at Slane".
09-11-02 06:41 AM
Moonisup AT last satisfaction for the Irish fans!!!!!

[Edited by Moonisup]
09-11-02 09:08 AM
nankerphelge Slane! What an excellent name. Let's get slain at Slane! Ireland is a beautiful and friendly country -- August 2003 eh??
09-11-02 09:19 AM
Sir Stonesalot Nank,

You thinking what I'm thinking?
09-11-02 09:25 AM
nankerphelge You know it!
09-11-02 09:29 AM
glencar Ah, Eire, home to glencar's ancestors! I'll be there. I hope this actually comes off.
09-11-02 09:35 AM
Sir Stonesalot Developing.....
09-11-02 09:37 AM
Joey My 1/2 Irish Ass is quiving today !

YES !!!!!!!

Skittles

09-11-02 10:03 AM
jb It's about time the stones returned to Israel!
09-11-02 10:27 AM
glencar Israel? Highly doubtful, what with all the Israeli & Palestinian terrorism.
09-11-02 10:29 AM
Sir Stonesalot Yeah, I don't see that happening at all either. If the Stones were to play Tel Aviv, they might as well paint a big bull's eye on themselves.

Can you say "target".
09-11-02 11:42 AM
Martha Great news!!!!

..... congrats Gazza I know you are thrilled!!!!

Wish I could come over to see that event...it would be nice to visit my ancestral home once in my lifetime, too.
09-11-02 11:44 AM
glencar Don't just wish it Martha; do it! You have a year to prepare for it.
09-11-02 11:52 AM
jb Martha, I forgive you for your attacks last week.
09-11-02 11:55 AM
Joey Could you imagine if the Stones were to play downtown Hanoi ? ! ? ! ? !

Wouldn't THAT be funny ??????

Joey Cong

09-11-02 11:57 AM
jb Did you go last night Joey?
09-11-02 12:08 PM
Joey " Did you go last night Joey? "

Nah , I have seen the Stones three different times at the U. C.

The sound never gets better in there -- Hell , it holds 30K !!!!!!!!

Snaggle

09-11-02 12:33 PM
Scot Rocks This is indeed good news August could be a very busy month next year...

developing!!!!!!!!!......

Mark