ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Gillette Stadium, Foxboro, MA Spetember 5, 2002
By Brian Rasic with thanks to moy!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Is Time Waits ever going to be played? Return to archive
09-11-02 12:23 AM
Scottfree Just curious, if it is even considered?? I feel it is their deepest song in word and song!

Perfect explanation;
Time Waits for No One:

MT considers this a favorite, as do we. Taylor establishes the primal, ascending lead line as a theme, with jazzy fills in the middle. Jagger says "Here we go" as Taylor goes into his solo. Taylor's crafts a brilliant, complex lead, with ascending and decending runs, symbolic of the most mysterious and basic of natural phenomena -- time. A great synergy with Nicky Hopkins on piano, as Hopkins continues the rising and falls themes, then chops out some power piano chords. Taylor returns, beginning his climactic solo. This time, however, he pulls off of the ascending scale just three notes short of its apogee, connoting the moment lost, the bitter retreat, the realization of powerlessness against so overwhelming a force -- and snaps off a gorgeous, sad coda symbolizing loss, listlessness and helplessness.

09-11-02 12:36 AM
Im_Shattered not without Taylor, Woody can't play shit!
09-11-02 12:59 AM
Happy Motherfucker!! Shattered, you obviously haven't been paying much attention to the reviews of the shows so far. Ronnie is sounding fucking great! Just listened to the Fleet Show and Woody is certainly on top of his game once again. What makes you think that Ronnie can't play "Time Waits For No One"? This is not fuck'n brain surgery we are talking about here, it's Rock'n Roll for Christ sake. Hell, the lead Guitarist in my band does a pretty damn good job of pulling that solo off, so what makes you think woody can't? And by the way, this is beating a dead horse again. Taylor's days as a Stone are long gone, I'll take Mr. Wood any day!!
09-11-02 03:50 AM
Im_Shattered hey i love all the stones, even Brian Jones, Ronnie is a really cool guy he puts most rock stars now to shame and is a true stone! but he will never be as good as Taylor not now or then, dont judge him cause he put on weight!
09-11-02 04:53 AM
MRD8 No chance at all that the Stones will ever do Time Waits For No One...its MT's song hands down and he's never going to come play with them again...it has never even been rehearsed so I think we can safely say its never going to show up in the setlist!
09-11-02 05:02 AM
lotsajizz Hope not. It's one of their worst tunes.
09-11-02 06:02 AM
beer
quote:
MRD8 wrote:
No chance at all that the Stones will ever do Time Waits For No One...its MT's song hands down and he's never going to come play with them again...it has never even been rehearsed so I think we can safely say its never going to show up in the setlist

Yeah, but the last half of CYHMK was was Taylors song, hands down, and look what has happened. Ronnie has cleaned his act up, and according to every review i've read, he's absolutely nailing it and blowing peoples minds. it is way too early to say that Mick T. will never play with them again. I think he will make a guest appearance with the Stones on this tour. It is a celebration of 40 years and I think that they're gonna pull out all the stops and that there are still plenty of surprises left. after all, the tour just started.
09-11-02 07:09 AM
Soul Survivor It's a possibility, but they probably wont do it. If they do, it would probably be in a club or theater
09-11-02 08:56 AM
stonedinaustralia no
09-11-02 09:36 AM
Joey
" It is way too early to say that Mick T. will never play with them again. I think he will make a guest appearance with the Stones on this tour. "

It WILL happen ................it is just a matter of which club gig he shows up at .

" And never be afraid to dream big dreams , because as you dream , so shall you become . "

-- Walt Whitman ( 1999 )

Skittles
09-11-02 10:51 AM
Sir Stonesalot Walt Whitman was a faggy girlieman. I don't put stock in anything that twit wrote.
09-11-02 11:03 AM
Joey " I don't put stock in anything that twit wrote. "

Really ???????????

He also wrote ...........

" I must say , in fairness to the poppy , that never once have I had a bad cold . "

-- Walt Whitman ( 2001 )

Wait ..........that might have been someone else who said that ..........

Snaggle Skittles

09-11-02 11:11 AM
Stonesthrow SS-- That's one of two reasons Joey likes Whitman. The other is that he wrote Leaves Of Grass anticipating Joey's avatar. What amazes me is how Whitman could have made that quote 107 years after his death.
09-11-02 11:15 AM
Sir Stonesalot Walt Whitman...aside from being a fag....is obviously a time traveler as well.
09-11-02 11:16 AM
Joey " What amazes me is how Whitman could have made that quote 107 years after his death. "

<------- Oh , Pick ...Pick .... Pick !!!!

Agreed my little buddy -- sometimes one must let art just flow over them .

" The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience , but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy . "

-- Martin Luther King , Jr . ( 1997 )

Bunny Reno

09-11-02 11:17 AM
Stonesthrow Make that 109 years. Between the time I saw the post and then posted, someone changed the quote's date from 1999 to 2001. Is Whitman talking to us from beyond the grave? Is Dionne Warwick involved?