ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Gillette Stadium, Foxboro, MA Spetember 5, 2002
By Brian Rasic with thanks to moy!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jersey Shore club question (NSC) Return to archive
09-10-02 04:51 PM
juantcb Hello all -

Maybe some of you can help me out with this. I just got a new guitarist gig and my first show with the new band is in about a month, at some place called The Saint in Asbury Park. I checked the club's site but it didn't really help me much. Anybody from the board ever been there? Is it cheesy? A dive? Popular? Is the shore desolate after Labor Day? Any info would be appreciated - I ain't from those parts and am kind of curious as to what to expect. And, naturally, I don't want to rely on any tainted misconceptions of Jersey that I may or may not have - ha ha ha.

Anyway, if anybody would like to clue me in, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks -

John
09-10-02 05:09 PM
Riffhard Hey Juantcb,
Yeah I know The Saint very well.I've been there plenty.As for the club itself.Well,I'd say it is a hole in the wall but,it's a cool rock and roll hole in the wall.It's kinda like the Jersey Shore's CBGB's.Dank,dirty,small,graffeti everywhere,posters all over the walls.Get the idea?It's a great atmosphere for rock and roll.

As for the shore after Labor Day.I wouldn't say it's desolate but,it's considerably slower.Which is a great thing for us locals.Might not be good for you though.It depends what night your gig is.What's the name of your band?What kind of music?

Riffhard
09-10-02 05:10 PM
luxury1 The Saint?? Don't know it--but if you were at The Stone Pony I could spin a few tales for ya!--Asbury is a great funky ole town.
09-10-02 05:27 PM
juantcb Guys - thanks for the responses. And Riffhard - you just put my mind at ease. I was worried that it was gonna be like some of the lame places I went to last summer in Dewey Beach, DE - you know, the whole frat-party/Dave Matthews cover-band type of scene.

Anyway, Riff - I'm playing lead guitar for a singer called L.P. She's got a killer set of pipes and is all attitude - a lot of people compare her stage style to Mick, for whatever that's worth (not much, if you ask me). The music is basic rock with a bit of a bluesy twist. Her first album was produced by Dave Lowery from Cracker and, thus, sounds a hell of a lot like Cracker. Our gig's on a Thursday night - she just put a new band together, so it might not be a bad thing if we debut in an empty room. Less people, less nerves, right?

Thanks again!

John