ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Gillette Stadium, Foxboro, MA Spetember 5, 2002
By Brian Rasic with thanks to moy!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Quadrophenia (NSC) Return to archive
09-09-02 12:03 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Two words.

"Tommy Sucks."

Well, in comparison.

I bought the soundtrack to the Quadrophenia movie for $10 at a little bootleg store (thinking, of course, it was the full deal, which sells for an obnoxious 35 bucks normally), and having listened to the Quadrophenia tracks, I must say...

Holy *shit*, man! This is great!

And now John Entwhistle's dead and we'll never hear it again!

*sob*

Anyone know if the Stones ever tried a 'rock opera' type idea or did Keith mercifully put that idea out of its misery as soon as it came out?

I don't think they'd have done so well - can you imagine? Bill Wyman singing "My name is Ivor... I'm an engine driver..."? I can, however, imagine Ronnie singing Keith Moon's parts... Ronnie's the man.

But we've established this.

-tSYX --- Inside, outside... Leave me alone!
09-09-02 01:46 PM
Joey " I bought the soundtrack to the Quadrophenia movie for $10 at a little bootleg store (thinking, of course, it was the full deal, which sells for an obnoxious 35 bucks normally), and having listened to the Quadrophenia tracks, I must say... "

The worm has definitely turned for you my friend .......

The Rolling Stones and The Who put on a better show than any other band around ............bar none !

Joey

09-09-02 01:58 PM
Maxlugar Midnight Rambler is commonly referred to as a "Blues Opera" all rolled up into one.

Maxy Von Guitar World (Skittles Lugar)

<----------- July 1983 Cover Shot. Tasty!
09-09-02 02:00 PM
sirmoonie Hey, Savie, isn't that movie soundtrack awesome? Joker James, Hi Heal Sneakers, 2 or 3 other unreleased Who songs, Green Onions by Booker T. I think they also remixed or overdubbed some of the original songs from Quadro. Movie was hilarious too.

Fucking great album.

Spanking...........
09-09-02 02:46 PM
sonicrock the who the stones and the pretty things not to be forgotten
09-09-02 02:50 PM
Scot Rocks As you have said it is Amazing!!!!!!!!I have the film soundtrack (recent version)

5.15, Dr Jimmy, Bellboy, the Real me, - great Bass from the Ox - Love Reign etc

See the film too if u can, big fights with the Rockers and Mods and funny seeing Sting as the "Bellboy"

Cheers

Mark
09-09-02 03:08 PM
Joey " Hey, Savie, isn't that movie soundtrack awesome? Joker James, Hi Heal Sneakers, 2 or 3 other unreleased Who songs, Green Onions by Booker T. I think they also remixed or overdubbed some of the original songs from Quadro. Movie was hilarious too. "

Amen Moonie ......Hold on .......What little buddy ?
<------ Oh , don't forget " Four Faces " !

Entwistle remixed many of the songs to better effect . The movie was awesome " Ferdie ain't here , is he ???? " but the heavy cockney dialect made the dialogue difficult to understand and wore your young Joey out .

Skittles Joey
09-09-02 03:19 PM
sirmoonie Ha ha, I was thinking of that exact line earlier. Although, it was terrible when they referred to Ferdie as a "Nig Nog." After all the bluddie leapers he gave them.

Remember "BonzOOOOOOOOO!!!" And the chick in the bathtub. I've never had that pleasure. God damn, I wish I was a 1960s mod enamored with the Who and rioting in southern England and riding trains all whacked out and shit like that.

I am fluent in cockney Joey. Let me know if there is anything you want translated. Any fahkin' fing atal, yeh greet wee poof! Oi dunno den, do Is?
09-09-02 03:35 PM
Joey " After all the bluddie leapers he gave them. "

<------- Nothing like a bag of blues , huh ????

" Remember "BonzOOOOOOOOO!!!" And the chick in the bathtub. I've never had that pleasure. God damn, I wish I was a 1960s mod enamored with the Who and rioting in southern England and riding trains all whacked out and shit like that. "

I hear you screaming . I will be thinking about all of you guys in Chicago this week . I am still holding out hope for the Aragon , but it ain't looking good ! Please E - Mail me if you score some cheap tickets .

When is Comiskey ??? Friday night ????? God I pray the weather is good ....should be ......It doesn't get cool and rainy in these parts until late September ......The weather should be absolutely beautiful for the Stones .

Please drink plenty of wine at Harry Carey's for me . That restaurant has the best wine in all Chicago -- No crap !

Skittles
09-09-02 05:49 PM
Maxlugar Pardon me, Joey.

But did you just, within the span of two posts, steal my new nickname, "Skittles"?

That is an all time record and, if it should not be encouraged, at least must be applauded.

Nicely done you old sod!

Skittles!

09-09-02 05:58 PM
Gazza Forget the soundtrack of "Quadrophenia" - go the whole hog and invest in the actual original album. You'll only appreciate the piece as a WHOLE,the soundtrack only contains parts of it,which while its great to listen to,makes it artistically redundant.

The original Quadrophenia album will change your life. Its been in my "Top 10" all time list ever since I first bought it 25 years ago...and The Ox was never better than this.
09-09-02 06:07 PM
sirmoonie Absolutely. Didn't mean to imply that the original wasn't the absolute masterpiece. The soundtrack is just some fun stuff.

Yep, Quadro would still be in my desert island top ten after all these years.

The night is hot and black as ink, ooooh god I need a drink...
09-09-02 07:22 PM
Scot Rocks I only have the soundtrack, as it is the main one that is stocked now, I rarely see the original version, should I get the full album version? you all seem to say it is much better than the soundtrack.

Cheers

Mark
09-09-02 08:06 PM
Prodigal Son Get the real thing, man. The movie's great enough, but I believe that, despite the muddy mix, synthesizers, strings and dramatic instrumentals, it really kicks ass even over Tommy. Truly amazing stuff. All the brass and great bass work recorded by the Ox is phenomenal. "5:15," "I'm One," "Drowned," "The Real Me," "Love Reign O'er Me," "Dr. Jimmy," "The Punk and the Godfather" they're all the best songs.

"Can't you see, the real me-e, doctor! Doctor!"
09-09-02 08:17 PM
Lacride
quote:
Scot Rocks wrote:
I only have the soundtrack, as it is the main one that is stocked now, I rarely see the original version, should I get the full album version? you all seem to say it is much better than the soundtrack.

Cheers

Mark

Sure! Do that! Quadro is a full story, a book to listen to. The double-LP (TrackRecord 2644 001, 1973, Europe) is a work of art, B&W pics of London kids and streets, family, fights, Brighton, the sea.,.. All lyrics and a preword of Pete ending with: "Schizophrenic? I'm Bleeding Quadrophenic."

Back cover:
"This music is dedicated to the kids of Goldhawk Road, Carpenders Park, Forest Hill, Stevenage New Town and to all people we played to at the Marquee and Brighton Aquarium in the summe of '65."

Chris
09-09-02 09:08 PM
Joey " But did you just, within the span of two posts, steal my new nickname, "Skittles"? "

My little buddy here told me he came up with it ......

< ------- just look at that cute little innocuous smile of his .......wouldn't you believe him too ????? I know I do !

Now back to said topic .........." Quadrophenia " represents The Who at their peak .....all four musicians were firing on all cylinders . At the very end of " Love Reign O' Me " , Pete Townshend told Keith Moon to smash everything in sight -- drums , microphones , amps , paneling , stage , anything he could get his hands on as it was all going to somehow be recorded and placed on the album -- and it was ......and it was good !

Sadly , Kim Moon divorced Keith a few months after Quadro's release and Keith went slowly downhill until his death five years later . Sad ..Sad ...Sad !

" Quadro My Ass Ronnie "

Skittles

09-09-02 10:09 PM
sirmoonie Yeah Jeez, Scot, the soundtrack is fun, but the album is beyond belief. Nobody before or after will ever put together rock and roll like that again. It truly was as Time magazine inferred: "rock's outer limits."

The soundtrack is just fun for the unreleased stuff and nostalgia attached with the movie.

Laugh and say I'm green, I've seen things you'll never see....

Chisel puckie, chisel puckie
Smiff bam boom
Going to see the Rolling Stones
And see them damn soon

Snizzle dickie, snizzle dickie
Fork me some Stones rock
Gonna get blasted at the show
And then go wank my Stones cock

Hey, I'm trying. Been drinking, you see....
09-10-02 11:18 AM
Maxlugar "Chisel puckie, chisel puckie"?

Holy shit!

Now that's some posting right there folks.

I think I just popped a lung.

Great work Moonie!

I wish everyone would try this hard.

Snaggle Max!
09-10-02 11:23 AM
Joey " I wish everyone would try this hard. "

Agreed Maxy ..............

Great Posting Moonie !!!!! Damn fine stuff

" I see a man without a problem Ronnie "

H.R. Puffin Joe

( Skittles )

09-10-02 04:17 PM
posada Did anyone catch any of The Who's shows on their current tour? I was a little hesitant at first to see them without John, but decided to go. I saw them a few weeks ago and I'm so glad I decided to go. They were absoultely awesome!! Fantasitc show! If anyone has a chance to see them at any of their remaining shows this month, do not miss it!!
09-10-02 04:49 PM
Joey " They were absoultely awesome!! Fantasitc show! If anyone has a chance to see them at any of their remaining shows this month, do not miss it!! "

I'm there dude -- September 19th in Keno's backyard .

I also may hang around outside the Aragon Mon. night and try to score a little Theatre tix

Why ?????

Because Stones is Stones dude ......it is bigger than all of us !

Skittles