ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Gillette Stadium, Foxboro, MA Spetember 5, 2002
By Brian Rasic with thanks to moy!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: cricket header pic Return to archive
09-08-02 05:19 AM
fmk438j It's great. Keith and Brian look like they know what they're doing. Nice technique and all. Are there any others in that series?
09-08-02 05:47 AM
Pants Make the Man After reading this board for a month or so, it's time to finally chime in. Brian is in perfect form. Derek Jeter would be proud.
09-08-02 08:09 AM
stonedinaustralia looks like cricket on LSD - the fieldsman wear pads... the batsman has no bat and is trying to catch the ball? - the first slip has a bat and appears to be trying to hit the ball (or something)?... the bails are flying through the air for no apparent reason and the 'keeper looks like he's standing in a hole in the ground (down in the hole?) and third man is the next man in??

and the pitch has way too much grass, even for a typical english green top

just don't ask what the score is!!
09-08-02 08:55 AM
F505 there's not a nobler sport than cricket, it has style, it has character and it's British

09-08-02 08:59 AM
egon never understood it.
09-08-02 09:08 AM
scull It's a very simple game actually.

Stonedinaustralia - looks like a Headingley pitch to me.
09-08-02 12:37 PM
Gazza >Stonedinaustralia - looks like a Headingley pitch to me

remember the England vs Australia test match at Headingley which had to be abandoned when the "George Davis Is innocent" mob broke into the ground overnight and sabotaged the pitch?

This pitch is even worse!
09-08-02 01:05 PM
scull That's right - they crawled under the covers and dug it up with forks.

I think Mick's a big cricket fan, though I can't see it being Keiths favourite game!
09-08-02 01:54 PM
Gazza I think Keith does actually like cricket from what I recall..Charlie's a cricket fan too..Mick has often been seen at Test matches on TV...sometimes with his brother Chris and sometimes with Matt Clifford. Mick's a football fan too,but cricket is his main preference as we all know.

Charlie, Ronnie and Bill Wyman are bigger football fans than cricket. Charlie supports Tottenham, and Ronnie and Bill are Crystal Palace fans. I've never heard of Keith expressing any big interest in the fortunes of any football club. He is (or was) a pretty reasonable tennis player,though and still follows the sport (you might recall the pics of him with John McEnroe at last year's US Open..)
09-08-02 01:56 PM
Gazza ..should have mentioned also that Bill Wyman is also a big cricket fan,and organises an annual celebrity charity match ("Bill Wyman's Cricket Circus") which has raised a lot of money for children's charities
09-08-02 04:05 PM
F505 You're sure you don't mean 'Bill Wyman's Croquette Service'?
09-08-02 06:54 PM
scull I recall Keith boasted of his tennis skills - didn't he reckon he could still beat Mick even when he was at his most strung out.

Wasn't Mick a Basketball player as a youth? !
09-08-02 07:49 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Bill?

Children's Charities?

Is this like to ensure he gets pick of the litter?

-tSYX --- Why don't we sing this song all together...
09-09-02 11:45 PM
hoopcheck Can anyone post the Cricket picture again? Or tell me where I can find it again? Thanks. Steve
09-09-02 11:52 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

Check this thread for more about it and credits http://novogate.com/board/968/114312-1.html
09-10-02 11:42 AM
hoopcheck Thank you VoodooChileInWOnderl!!