ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Gillette Stadium, Foxboro, MA Spetember 5, 2002
By Brian Rasic with thanks to moy!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: HI I AM NEW and i got a couple ?'s Return to archive Page: 1 2
09-08-02 12:09 AM
fna69 Hey i am chris, and am 15 yrs old. I discovered my dad had some RS cd's and decided to give them a listen. since them i have become hooked on them. I was wondering tough. My friend told me she heared this song that she thought was by the stones, but she couldnt remember the name. She said the lyrics were somthin like,"you may be wrong, i might be right" somthin like that. is that even a stones song? and I was also told that the Mick once did a duet with Steven tyler of aerosmith for a benifit for rasing money for hurricane relief. She told me they did walking the dog together. that would be cool if they did. and the last question is on "sing this all together" do the beatles do backup. i heared that they did. THAnks for your help. i appreiciate it.
chris
09-08-02 01:31 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
fna69 wrote:
Hey i am chris, and am 15 yrs old. I discovered my dad had some RS cd's and decided to give them a listen. since them i have become hooked on them. I was wondering tough. My friend told me she heared this song that she thought was by the stones, but she couldnt remember the name. She said the lyrics were somthin like,"you may be wrong, i might be right" somthin like that. is that even a stones song? and I was also told that the Mick once did a duet with Steven tyler of aerosmith for a benifit for rasing money for hurricane relief. She told me they did walking the dog together. that would be cool if they did. and the last question is on "sing this all together" do the beatles do backup. i heared that they did. THAnks for your help. i appreiciate it.
chris

>>>Hiya Chris! It really amazes me when young kids get turned onto The Stones via their parents CD collection. When I consider the equivalent in my youth, i would have been listening to all those awful Vegas performers. I think the song you are refering to might be Billy Joel's 'You May Be Right', from the album 'Glass Houses'_(1980), it had a Stonesy feel about it. Never heard about Mick & Tyler doin' no hurricane benefit, although that don't mean it never happened. The Beatles did harmonies on 'We Love You', Ive never heard it mentioned that they did the same on 'Sing This All Together'. Still there are experts a plenty on this forum with a much wider knowlege of the group and their history, I'm sure they will let you know .....Welcome!!!!
09-08-02 01:32 AM
Fiji Joe "You may be wrong I may be right" .....I think that's Billy Joel.
09-08-02 06:37 AM
Moonisup Well chris, I forgive for mistaken Billy Joel for the stones, It is always ncie to see more younger fans around!!

Rik
09-08-02 08:15 AM
Honky Tonker The Billy Joel song says, "You may be right, I may be CRAZY". The Stones did a benefit show for earthquake damage in the early 70's. Steven Tyler was no where around. I would think The Beatles stayed as far away from "Satanic Majesties" as possible. Welcome!

P. S. Mathijas on the IORR site may be able to answer your question in more detail.
09-08-02 08:43 AM
egon 15 years old and a stones fan? GREAT!!!

think indeed the beatles do backing vocals on "sing"

cheers
09-08-02 12:14 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy 15! Man, I'm gettin' older and older as we go!

-tSYX --- This one's called... "Rocks Off"!
09-08-02 12:35 PM
padre Johnny Lydon's (yes, the Sex Pistols guy) band PIL had a song which said "You maybe wrong I maybe right", but it's really hard to think that anyone would confuse that with the Stones...
09-08-02 01:02 PM
sonicrock 15 YEARS GREAT TO HAVE YOUNG STONES FANS AROUND
09-08-02 03:58 PM
Jaxx welcome to our forum! great question. i don't see anywhere in the credits on TMSR where the beatles are mentioned altho special thanks are given to Nicky Hopkins, JP Jones, and to "the brass and many others" (that is the way it is stated). billy joel came to my mind as well with those particular lyrics.
09-08-02 04:07 PM
beer Lennon and Mcartney sing back up on "We love you"
09-08-02 04:57 PM
Child of the Moon Time to insert my two cents.

Yes, Lennon and McCartney provide backing vocals on "Sing This All Together." It's a fact present in many books on the Stones, and perhaps a few on the Beatles. They also did vocals on "We Love You," but it's especially easy to pick out Lennon on "STAT."

I've never even heard about Mick and Steven doing any hurricane benefit. Sounds fabricated, although doing "Walkin' the Dog" would be kind of cool.

As fot that mystery song... well, if this were Keno's board, I'd probably make up some snide and silly reply about how it's an unreleased Stones track from 1974, when Brian Jones was in his "fat period" and Billy Preston dropped ice cream on Mick's head.

But I won't do that, because I honestly don't have an answer to that.

Rock and roll.
09-08-02 10:27 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
padre wrote:
Johnny Lydon's (yes, the Sex Pistols guy) band PIL had a song which said "You maybe wrong I maybe right", but it's really hard to think that anyone would confuse that with the Stones...

<<<<<
09-08-02 10:30 PM
gypsymofo60 I have no idea what happened above. What I said was that in reference to John Lydon's song, It was PIL, and the song was 'RISE'..unlikely to be mistaken for a Stones song methinks!
09-08-02 10:51 PM
Sir Stonesalot May the road rise with you....

And it's "I could be wrong, I could be right."

Very strange that this song gets mentioned this evening. The PIL "generic" CD, is in my car CD player right now. i listened to it on the way to work, and I'll probably hear it on the way home again.

Plate of shrimp.
09-08-02 10:55 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
May the road rise with you....

And it's "I could be wrong, I could be right."

Very strange that this song gets mentioned this evening. The PIL "generic" CD, is in my car CD player right now. i listened to it on the way to work, and I'll probably hear it on the way home again.

Plate of shrimp.

<<<<<<
09-08-02 10:57 PM
gypsymofo60 AAAAArrrggggghhhh! Why does that keep happening? SS I knew you to be a man of impeccable taste good knight! "better days will never be"..Not if Bush & Blair get their way.
09-08-02 11:28 PM
Sir Stonesalot The "Generic" album is a good one, but I like the 1st 2 PIL albums the best....This is what you want, this is what you get!

IMO, the first PIL album should be in everyone's CD collection. Brilliant stuff there.
09-08-02 11:42 PM
gypsymofo60 I love 'Happy', and '9', but the greatest hits is of course the all time best! Funny that The Jam were never big in The States...Too parochial I guess!
09-08-02 11:48 PM
Sir Stonesalot Hmmmmm. Why were The Jam never big in the States. I think it's because we had enough of our own bands that had that type of sound. I thought they were great. But I must admit, the only disc that I own is the greatest hits compilation.
09-09-02 12:06 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Hmmmmm. Why were The Jam never big in the States. I think it's because we had enough of our own bands that had that type of sound. I thought they were great. But I must admit, the only disc that I own is the greatest hits compilation.

.Wow! An American who digs(OOOOOOhhhhhh), why do I use that word, The Jam! Hey Sir Stones, give me a breif run down on your all time fav's....Gyppo!
09-09-02 12:44 AM
Sir Stonesalot Hmmmm....OK, but for the purpose of this thread, lets just assume that the Stones & Beatles stuff is a given.

If I had to pick only 10 albums that I couldn't do without...in no particular order....

The Clash-London Calling
Bob Marley-Catch A Fire
The Pogues-If I Should Fall From Grace With God
Robbie Fulks-Let's Kill Saturday Night
Richard Hell & The Voidoids-Blank Generation
The Specials-The Specials
XTC-Black Sea
Bob Dylan-Highway 61 Revisited
The Pixies-Surfer Rosa
PIL-Public Image Limited

Honorable Mention....The Hives-Veni Vidi Vicious, Lou Reed-Transformer, Bowie-Ziggy Stardust, The Who-Who's Next, Nine Inch Nails-Pretty Hate Machine, Tom Waits-Rain Dogs, The Stooges-The Stooges, The Ramones-the Ramones, Nirvana-Nevermind

And...The Chess Box, and the Complete Robert Johnson Recordings.
09-09-02 01:01 AM
luridchief We have some overlap, Sir Stonesalot!

10 non-Stones albums that I love:

1. Bowie: Ziggy Stardust
2. Faces - A Nod is As Good As a Wink . . .
3. The Clash: London Calling
4: Muddy Waters : The Chess Box
5. Bowie: Aladdin Sane
6. Dylan: Love & Theft (new, but I've played it a zillion times already)
7: Bowie: Low (yeah, I dig freakin' Bowie!)
8. Ron Wood : I've Got My Own Album To Do (he wasn't a Stone yet!)
9: Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power
10: Big Audio Dynamite: This Is Big Audio Dynamite

Plus: Ramones Mania (MINUS "Somebody Put Something In My Drink"), Liz Phair's first, The Chieftains "Long Black Veil" and a zillion others . . . !
09-09-02 02:44 AM
gypsymofo60 I know that this is a bit off the Stonesy threads, but I find this really interesting. I can't type in columns on this PC, so you'll have to bear with me(just don't bear down on me), and i will include The Stones in my top ten: 1. Let It Bleed(naturally)...2.Guns n' Roses_Appetite For Destruction(Pure, unadulterated hedonism at it's worst) 3. Who's Next_The Who..4.The Pistols_Never Mind The Bollocks!...5. Bowie_Ziggy Stardust..6. The Cult_ 'Electric'..7.All Mod Cons_ The Jam...8.Living In The 70s Skyhooks....9.War_U2....10.Peter Frampwhoops!!!!!(just kidding)_____10.Nevermind_Nirvana.....
09-09-02 08:30 AM
Sir Stonesalot Good Lord! How did I manage to forget the Pistols? It would not have made my top 10, but certainly honorable mention.

And I'm .... that close to including "Love & Theft".
09-09-02 10:51 AM
glencar Here's another Jam fan. I also like some of the Style Council stuff. Weller's been around for a long time. I'm not sure why they didn't make it bigger over here. Some songs were featured in movies.
09-09-02 11:14 AM
jb Please get the song right before posting!
09-09-02 01:30 PM
patioaintdry Along the Pistols/Clash/Jam era, please consider another great group: The Buzzcocks!!! "Singles Going Steady" is a terrific compilation. Just recently picked up "Beating Hearts", a double disc priced single, 2 concerts from '78 qnd '79. They have a lot of live releases, but this one is very impressive. little editing, bootleg feel, great performances
09-09-02 04:59 PM
sergey HELLO
I CAN TELL YOU. SORRY FOR MY POOR ENGLISH I'M FROM RUSSIA.
MICK JAGGER AND STEVE TYLER NEVER PLAY TOGETHER THIS IS THRUTH. ONLY THEY ARE KNOW EACH OTHER AND I HAVE A PHOTO
WHERE THEY ARE TOGETHER. IF SOMEBODY GET STONES PEOPLE
MAGAZINE THIS PICTURE IS THERE. ALSO JOHN LENNON WAS
PRODUCER ON STONES SONG. THIS IS SONG IS COOK COOK BLUES.
YES PAUL AND JOHN WAS SING TOGETHER ON STONES SONG.
ALSO BRYAN JOHNS PLAYS ON SAXOPHONE ON THE BEATLES SONG
YOU KNOW MY NAME [LOOK UP THE NUMBER]. IF ANY GET QUESTIONS
FOR ME PLEASE WRITE ME ON MY EMAIL: [email protected]
PLEASE SORRY FOR MY POOR ENGLISH.
BEST WISHES.
GRIGORYAN SERGEY.

quote:
patioaintdry wrote:
Along the Pistols/Clash/Jam era, please consider another great group: The Buzzcocks!!! "Singles Going Steady" is a terrific compilation. Just recently picked up "Beating Hearts", a double disc priced single, 2 concerts from '78 qnd '79. They have a lot of live releases, but this one is very impressive. little editing, bootleg feel, great performances

09-09-02 05:04 PM
Mickjagger1963 Hey, good to have a Fellow young stones fan around, just turned 16 here, will you be attending any shows this fall/winter?
Page: 1 2