ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Lets drink to the salt of the stage!
© Special thanks to Moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Tooth and Nail Return to archive
8th September 2006 11:03 AM
stuft Is there a video version of this show (Joe Robbie Stadium 1994-11-25) in circulation? If so would it be possible to post it here?
8th September 2006 11:04 AM
glencar Wasn't this the VH1 special broadcast?
8th September 2006 11:04 AM
glencar I mean, it was pay-per-view first & then VH1 showed it a year or two later.
8th September 2006 11:11 AM
Gazza it was broadcast in full as a PPV and then released a year or so later officially in edited form (about 95 mins out of a 2 and a half hour show)

Might be a problem torrenting it as its an official release and still (I think) commercially available.
8th September 2006 11:12 AM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:
it was broadcast in full as a PPV and then released a year or so later officially in edited form (about 95 mins out of a 2 and a half hour show)

Might be a problem torrenting it as its an official release and still (I think) commercially available.

It was released officially?
8th September 2006 11:16 AM
Gazza yes...the home video release from the Voodoo Lounge tour was taken from the Miami broadcast

951121A 21st November: THE ROLLING STONES.
Video ‘Rolling Stones: Voodoo Lounge’ (Castle Music Pictures G1008). Filmed
live in Miami, 25.11.94. Director: David Mallet. Incl.
(Not Fade Away/Tumbling Dice/You Got Me Rocking/Satisfaction/Angie/
Sweet Virginia/It’s All Over Now/Stop Breaking Down/Who Do You Love/
Miss You/Honky Tonk Women/The Worst/Sympathy For The Devil/Start Me
Up/It’s Only Rock’n Roll/Brown Sugar/Jumping Jack Flash)
Note: With special guests Sheryl Crow (bvoc) on Sweet Virginia, Robert Cray
(gtr) on Stop Breaking Down, Bo Diddley (gtr, voc) on Who Do You
Love, Whoopi Goldberg (bvoc) on Sweet Virginia and Jumping Jack Flash.

from www.nzentgraf.de

The VH1 special I think youre referring to was the "Stripped" special, which was shown at Christmas 1995 on Vh1 in the US and on BBC over here. Not commercially released unfortunately
[Edited by Gazza]
8th September 2006 11:18 AM
glencar Oh, I have that. It's a VHS tape. I thought that was taken from Giants Stadium.
8th September 2006 11:22 AM
Gazza there is also an official video from Giants (14/8/94). It was originally sold exclusively at VL tour shows within a few weeks of it being filmed. We were also able to get it at the European shows. I cant remember if it was ever available for sale in the shops.
[Edited by Gazza]
8th September 2006 11:26 AM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:
there is also an official video from Giants (15/8/94). It was originally sold exclusively at VL tour shows within a few weeks of it being filmed.

That's the one I bought from the Stones 1-800 number at the time. I didn't attend any shows & it was several years before I logged on to the web.
8th September 2006 02:56 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
That's the one I bought from the Stones 1-800 number at the time. I didn't attend any shows & it was several years before I logged on to the web.

a lot of "non chain" record shops in/around Chicago offerred this video as well. Mostly bootlegged copies though, as I did not see an "original" in the stores much.

Also, the official Tour DVD was the edited version of the Joe Robbie show. It is "officially" out of print, but you can still find it in stores sometimes, and certainly the internet.
8th September 2006 03:32 PM
glencar Is this the one that features a guy with a mullet in teh beginning on his way to teh show? I'm going to watch this thing again tonight for the first time in years.
8th September 2006 04:54 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Is this the one that features a guy with a mullet in teh beginning on his way to teh show? I'm going to watch this thing again tonight for the first time in years.

yep...thats the Giants one..starts with the 'roadie' in bed with his 'chick', I think!

The promo video for 'You got me rocking' uses footage from this show.
[Edited by Gazza]
8th September 2006 08:11 PM
glencar Ah! That'll save me from watching it again!
8th September 2006 09:17 PM
Riffhard I was at that Miami show. There was an unofficial release of it as well put out on Sister Morphine called Miami Dice. It was just a copy of the broadcast,so it's nice and clean. That was a pretty good show actually with the exception of Whoopi hosting it and signing on JJF.

Riffy
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)