ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Lets drink to the salt of the stage!
© Special thanks to Moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Foxboro Fire Sale $22.50 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
7th September 2006 08:37 PM
mrhipfl Looks like they had to learn it the hard way. Hopefully it will get them off their high horse.
7th September 2006 08:56 PM
LadyJane This is so embarrassing, but completely warranted.

Shame on the Band for their greed.

Cohl, you asshole. What the fuck were you thinking booking stadiums?

If you would have listened to US, those who shell out good, hard earned cash you would have returned to Arenas only using the Superbowl stage. Stripped down ala No Security.

LJ.
7th September 2006 09:04 PM
JesusMe so how much will they gross? Instead of taking in lets say 15 million per show will they have to settle for like 8 million?
7th September 2006 09:19 PM
pdog Ha Ha Ha !!!
7th September 2006 09:31 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

This is a sad day for the real fans....we are seeing our band being made a mockery of. Fuck Boston!!!

Zackly, Joshy! Boston sucks sucks sucks!
7th September 2006 09:33 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
This is so embarrassing, but completely warranted.

If you would have listened to US, those who shell out good, hard earned cash you would have returned to Arenas only using the Superbowl stage. Stripped down ala No Security.

LJ.

The price drop is still a money grab.

They know that most of their hard core constituents already purchased their tickets - and paid full price.
The casual fans balked at paying $100, so now they're offering tickets to them for pennies on the dollar.

Ultimately, it's all about a$$e$ in $eat$.
Today was just the latest affirmation.

Eff the faithful, and thank you very little...
7th September 2006 09:36 PM
glencar This show is gonna suck - BIGTIME!
7th September 2006 09:38 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
JesusMe wrote:
so how much will they gross? Instead of taking in lets say 15 million per show will they have to settle for like 8 million?

8 million? they will have to end up selling their bodies to pay for mcdonalds.
7th September 2006 09:39 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
glencar wrote:
This show is gonna suck - BIGTIME!

Just wait until the Wichita "Buy 1 Section, Get 1 Free" sale.
7th September 2006 09:53 PM
glencar Funny stuff!
7th September 2006 10:17 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle Radio Shack must be glad they hitched their saddle to this nag...
7th September 2006 11:03 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:
Radio Shack must be glad they hitched their saddle to this nag...

There's a Sucker born every minute (see: Radio Shack)
8th September 2006 09:37 AM
Paranoid_Android ...and if these don't sell...what's next?

1) switch venues

2) cancel

3) give-a-ways/incentives

4) free condoms & lube w/ purchase

5) ??????
8th September 2006 10:05 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:
...and if these don't sell...what's next?

1) switch venues

2) cancel

3) give-a-ways/incentives

4) free condoms & lube w/ purchase

5) ??????

the "Free Lube" promotion (with souvenior laminate) would drive sales!
8th September 2006 10:07 AM
Some Guy More Kanye.
8th September 2006 10:26 AM
Gazza
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
JB & Puggy are soooooo fuggin' gay....

I'm fuckin' celebrating!

Go ahead fuckers...tell me I'm not a real fan. You fucking CAN'T because EVERYONE knows how fucking hardcore I am. So go ahead and humiliate yourselves some more boys.

Stones Inc has finally pushed it too far. Now they gotta roll it on back...start charging some realistic prices. They are getting some consumer backlash...FINALLY! That was the only thing that was gonna stop the greedy monster.

And now it's happening. Death to the Greedy Stones Inc...Long live The Rolling Stones!!!

yep. The only sad thing about this is that happened 7 years too late and there probably wont BE a 'next tour' where you can get to see the bonafide 'Rolling stones' you're talking about.

Would have happened years ago if enough people had the brains to see in time that the wool was being pulled over their eyes
8th September 2006 10:28 AM
Gazza
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

The price drop is still a money grab.

They know that most of their hard core constituents already purchased their tickets - and paid full price.
The casual fans balked at paying $100, so now they're offering tickets to them for pennies on the dollar.

Ultimately, it's all about a$$e$ in $eat$.
Today was just the latest affirmation.

Eff the faithful, and thank you very little...

Exactly. REAL fans (see Craig P's post) get fucked. Casual fans get rewarded for having 2nd thoughts about it.
8th September 2006 10:32 AM
Gazza
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
This is so embarrassing, but completely warranted.

LJ.

LJ

If their prices had risen at the level they should have post-BTB when they were $65 a seat (and it was only 8-9 years ago), this wouldnt be a problem. Theyd be able to fill out every stadium in the world, even if it was their second or third visit there this tour.

asking $450 for a side view in a stadium to watch a video screen is taking the piss.

sadly, they werent going to listen to us because too many of 'us' persisted in paying silly money and they took it for granted.
8th September 2006 10:39 AM
gimmekeef My sources are predicting that Mick is having Keith flown to Fiji so he can be pushed from a tree again.......stay tuned..that is all.....
8th September 2006 10:40 AM
glencar Yes, there was always pressure to make sure you got as good as a seat as you could get. I was proud of myself for not buying any tix over $160 for the earlier US portion of the current tour but then I paid the equivalent of $300 for Twickenham & over $300 for the 3 shows I'll be seeing on this upcoming leg. Now I do have much better seats but I'd prefer the $15 seats over my $352 Sec A5 seats.
[Edited by glencar]
8th September 2006 10:42 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:

LJ

If their prices had risen at the level they should have post-BTB when they were $65 a seat (and it was only 8-9 years ago), this wouldnt be a problem. Theyd be able to fill out every stadium in the world, even if it was their second or third visit there this tour.

asking $450 for a side view in a stadium to watch a video screen is taking the piss.

sadly, they werent going to listen to us because too many of 'us' persisted in paying silly money and they took it for granted.

exactly......while they will listen to the boards to acknowledge a milestone show (ie 2000th show) and to throw us a song every now and then (see: Sway). We are the least of their concerns as the core group of die hards here and on Shidoobee will/have bought several tickets regardless of price. I have even seen how several folks have put themselves into serious debt to finance a stones tour. To think they give a crap about what we think ticket prices/venues/etc should be is ignorant at best.

We can hope to get possibly one rare song thrown in on occassion just to keep us salivating for more (see: Joey when the "night vision" is not on during "One Night in Paris)

There has got to be a Charlie Murphy True Hollywood story out there somewhere about the stones, get off the crack Dave and come outta hiding!
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)