ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Lets drink to the salt of the stage!
© Special thanks to Moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Waylon Flowers dead at 48--RIP Return to archive
7th September 2006 12:15 PM
Maxlugar BREAKING NEWS!

Madame is now silent. A nation weeps...

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=940DEFD71F3FF931A25753C1A96E948260

7th September 2006 12:17 PM
Saint Sway theres something wrong about puppets with balls on their chins
7th September 2006 12:19 PM
Maxlugar It's uncanny.

He hasn't done anything for years though. Since like 1988 or so. Lazy guy.
7th September 2006 12:24 PM
Maxlugar She now sits silently in a box, or something.
7th September 2006 12:28 PM
GotToRollMe 48? Jeez, I thought that guy was a lot older.
7th September 2006 12:29 PM
jb
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
She now sits silently in a box, or something.

With Mary?
7th September 2006 12:30 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
48? Jeez, I thought that guy was a lot older.

So did I!!

He must have been like 12 on the Hollywood Squares!
7th September 2006 12:30 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
BREAKING NEWS!

Madame is now silent. A nation weeps...

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=940DEFD71F3FF931A25753C1A96E948260

Separated at birth??

7th September 2006 12:31 PM
nankerphelge
7th September 2006 12:39 PM
Maxlugar The News Alerts I'm watching right now say he actually replaced Paul Lynde as Center Square.

This is really spooky.
7th September 2006 12:44 PM
LadyJane It's threads like this that keep me coming back to RO every damned day.

As Nanky or someone else once said:

"Never have so few, done so little, for so many!!!!!!!!!"

LMFAO.

LJ.
7th September 2006 12:49 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
jb wrote:

Very true..I am also surprised to learn that he was only 48, as the last time he was on must have been over 20 yrs ago....

Had he gotten off his ass and kept Madame in the spotlight since 1988, or so, she'd be bigger than Jessica Simpson!

I supposed Waylon had lots of kids to step up and take his place though. He was known as a lady killer in tight, dark Hollywood circles...
7th September 2006 01:05 PM
Maxlugar ***UPDATE!***

CNN just broke into the president's speech with a correction on the spelling of his first name. It seems all the other news organizations are spelling it Waylon, but it is actually spelled Wayland.

I apologize for the spelling on the title of this thread. I was just going by what initial reports were saying...

Sorry. We'll get through this together.
7th September 2006 01:17 PM
jb A nice tribute considering he died in 1988.

7th September 2006 01:24 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
jb wrote:
A nice tribute considering he died in 1988.

What the....WHAT!!!!? WHAT!!!?!?!?!

I'm just hearing about this...and... WHAT!!!?!?!

WHAT?!?!?!

Oh for God sakes...

Sorry everyone.

[Edited by Maxlugar]
7th September 2006 03:16 PM
kath look at the dates, people!!!!! paul lynde the other day and now waylon??!!!

KEEP UP!!!!
7th September 2006 03:24 PM
Maxlugar Sorry Kath.

I feel somewhat responsible for both those threads....

I'll try harder.

7th September 2006 06:19 PM
kath "somewhat responsible", gracie????

7th September 2006 06:37 PM
Gazza Phew!

I mis- read the title of this thread and got all upset because I thought it was Waylon Jennings who had died...

thank God for that

Carry on, folks...
7th September 2006 07:00 PM
kath oh dear....oh gazza....honey......sit down......

Birth: Jun. 15, 1937
Littlefield
Lamb County
Texas, USA
Death: Feb. 13, 2002
Chandler
Maricopa County
Arizona, USA

Maverick Country Western Singer. Famed for such hits as "I'm a Ramblin' Man" and "Good Hearted Woman." Recorded over 60 albums, and had sixteen No. 1 country singles. Inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame in October 2001. His parents were William Albert Jennings and Lorene Beatrice Shipley. Born in Texas, he started his music career at age 12, and in 1959, he gave up his seat to J.P. Richardson on the plane that carried Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and J.P. Richardson to their deaths ("The night the music died"), taking a bus instead. In the 1970s, he teamed up with Willie Nelson in "Mammas Don't Let your Babies grow up to be Cowboys," "Luckenbach," and "Good Hearted Woman." Many of his early songs had a restless spirit that was used later by Travis Tritt, Charlie Daniels, and others. His resonant voice was used to narrate the TV Show "The Dukes of Hazzard," and he sang the theme song to the show. He traditionally wore a black cowboy hat and black attire which accented his dark beard and mustache. In his later years, he wore short hair and a trimmed goatee. He won two Grammy awards and four Country Music Association Awards, and was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame. He was married four times; he married his last wife, Jessi Colter, in 1969. In his later years, his health caused him problems, and doctors wanted to amputate his left foot due to problems with his diabetes, however he refused to allow, and this lead ultimately to his death. (bio by: Kit and Morgan Benson)

Cause of death: Diabetes and related complications

Search Amazon for Waylon Jennings

Burial:
Mesa Cemetery
Mesa
Maricopa County
Arizona, USA

Record added: Feb 13 2002
By:

WHY DOES IT ALWAYS HAVE TO BE ME THAT BREAKS THE TERRIBLE NEWS????? WHY????????

[Edited by kath]
[Edited by kath]
7th September 2006 07:02 PM
Gazza Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!
7th September 2006 07:11 PM
not bound to please http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=1015438

more bad late breaking news....

7th September 2006 10:09 PM
glencar I hear Wayland Flowers died today?
8th September 2006 04:50 AM
Gazza Dead Flowers??
8th September 2006 11:07 AM
glencar Dead pansies, more like it!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)