ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Lets drink to the salt of the stage!
© Special thanks to Moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "New Barbarians - Buried Alive ; Live in Maryland" Cd to be released in October Return to archive Page: 1 2
7th September 2006 10:14 AM
Gazza thanks to Juha, Massimo and Mickijaggerroo for the info :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Buried-Alive/dp/B000HWY58O/sr=8-3/qid=1157560668/ref=sr_1_3/026-1502638-8138823?ie=UTF8&s=gateway

track listing here :

http://www.towerrecords.com/product.aspx?pfid=4492214&title=Buried+Alive%3a+Live+In+Maryland&artist=New+Barbarians

the first ever official New Barbarians release will be available on CD on 16.10.06. Many of you may already own this show as a pirate DVD/video.

The first official release of the live concert recording by the erstwhile group of musicians assembled by guitarist Ronnie Wood as a side project from The Rolling Stones that served as a vehicle for his solo material in the late 1970's. This show was taped in Largo, Maryland in 1979 and the stage was populated by Wood, Keith Richards, Stanley Clarke on bass, Ian MacLagan on keys, Ziggy Modeliste of The Meters and Bobby Keys on sax. Both Wood and Richards are well aware that they are not the world's greatest vocalists, so the emphasis of the material was on the masterful interplay between the assembly of such stellar musicians. It simply couldn't avoid catching fire as their sets burned bright with an organic intensity. Most of the material is drawn from Wood's solo work, spiced with Faces and Stones classics as well as healthy doses of heartfelt blues, country, jazz and sizzlin' rock n roll!

7th September 2006 10:18 AM
jb Keith actually played guitar at this time.
7th September 2006 10:57 AM
Saint Sway will this be released in US?
7th September 2006 11:00 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
will this be released in US?

Lets hope so....now this is excellent, stonesworthy news! Is this perhaps a first step in the slow release of archived material? Also, who owns the rights to the Barbarians music?
7th September 2006 11:10 AM
Gazza To answer the abpove 2 questions

Sway - its listed on the US amazon site as an "import"
http://www.amazon.com/Buried-Alive-Live-in-Maryland/dp/B000HWY58O/sr=1-4/qid=1157641525/ref=sr_1_4/104-2602845-1435130?ie=UTF8&s=music

Pug - the label is Wooden Records, which I presume is a new label formed by Ronnie?

Hopefully that would indicate its the first of a lot of back catalogue releases. Hoepfully the Stones will follow suit
7th September 2006 11:15 AM
Saint Sway I'd rather see this show than the current Stones show any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

viva la new barbarians!!!!!!!!
7th September 2006 12:54 PM
erikjjf
quote:
Gazza wrote:
the label is Wooden Records, which I presume is a new label formed by Ronnie?

It is indeed.
7th September 2006 12:56 PM
jb
quote:
erikjjf wrote:

It is indeed.

Thanks Swedish "E". Ronnie is not a very good guitar player and has, imo, (as well as Charlie's) added nothing musically since his joining the group. He is, however, a great smiler and waver.
7th September 2006 12:56 PM
Maxlugar I'd buy this if it were a DVD. A CD of this show doesn't interest me much.
7th September 2006 01:50 PM
F505 Very good news. Always liked the New Barbarians. Ron and Keith in much better days.
7th September 2006 01:51 PM
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:
Very good news. Always liked the New Barbarians. Ron and Keith in much better days.

Ronnie had already declined, but Keith was still very good.
7th September 2006 01:55 PM
F505 Really? I always liked Ron up to the 81 tour. After that he was useless.
7th September 2006 01:57 PM
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:
Really? I always liked Ron up to the 81 tour. After that he was useless.

best Stones work in 75....he was still competent through 81, but alredy had slipped...I recall Jagger wanted him out in 81.
7th September 2006 01:59 PM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:
I recall Jagger wanted him out in 81.

Had it anything to do with money?
7th September 2006 02:02 PM
gimmekeef Unless you saw the Barbarians play..and I did 5 times not sure how anyone can comment on the playing.....They werent the Stones of course but a helluva great band and both Ronnie and Keith played smokin guitars.....Now the vocals?..thats another story...lol
7th September 2006 02:04 PM
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:

No-I recall the issue being drug use.
7th September 2006 02:04 PM
jb
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Unless you saw the Barbarians play..and I did 5 times not sure how anyone can comment on the playing.....They werent the Stones of course but a helluva great band and both Ronnie and Keith played smokin guitars.....Now the vocals?..thats another story...lol

Seen several DVD's and not very impressed....
7th September 2006 02:05 PM
F505
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Unless you saw the Barbarians play..and I did 5 times not sure how anyone can comment on the playing.....They werent the Stones of course but a helluva great band and both Ronnie and Keith played smokin guitars.....Now the vocals?..thats another story...lol

Well I have the famous double cd-bootleg and it sounds great! Always like the 'jazzy' line-up of the band with Stanley Clarke and Ziggy Modeliste.
7th September 2006 02:09 PM
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:

Well I have the famous double cd-bootleg and it sounds great! Always like the 'jazzy' line-up of the band with Stanley Clarke and Ziggy Modeliste.

Keith started to decline by 78...he was serviceable up and until 97. It's been sad watching his decline both creatively and physically(amazing hair loss/balding).
7th September 2006 02:12 PM
Gimme Shelter Can't wait, should be killer.
7th September 2006 02:15 PM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:

Keith started to decline by 78...he was serviceable up and until 97. It's been sad watching his decline both creatively and physically(amazing hair loss/balding).

lol... yeah, you have a point.
7th September 2006 02:33 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

who cares? The guy had THE coolest hair EVER up into his 50s. The dude INVENTED cool hair!

Hey man if thats the price you gotta pay to have a doo as cool as Keith's was then so be it

[Edited by Saint Sway]
7th September 2006 07:05 PM
mojoman
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
will this be released in US?

i see it available as a pre-order on tower and amazon.
7th September 2006 07:31 PM
gimmekeef Watch out for Tower Records guys..bankruptcy..and many suppliers cuttin em off...wouldnt pre-order there...
7th September 2006 07:54 PM
mojoman
quote:
F505 wrote:

or blow?
7th September 2006 08:40 PM
Lazy Bones now this is refreshing news! one of the best stocking stuffers yet...
8th September 2006 09:39 AM
gustavobala
quote:
. Most of the material is drawn from Wood's solo work, SPICED WITH FACES and Stones classics as well as healthy doses of heartfelt blues, country, jazz and sizzlin' rock n roll![/b]

sorry, but who wrote this?????????

god save my old bootleg! no overdubbs!!!!
8th September 2006 09:53 AM
FotiniD
quote:
jb wrote:

Man, with your posts on Keith jb, I'm never sure if I'm supposed to feel angry or actually laugh

It's not like the guy CHOSE hair loss for crying out loud! And who said he's balding? And what does any of that have to do with the great news about the New Barbarians release?!
8th September 2006 11:00 AM
glencar This is an excellent gift to the true fans! I've got some boots of their shows but I love that set list.
8th September 2006 01:18 PM
patioaintdry This could be the best thing since Talk is Cheap.

The link below tells NOTHING about the release.

http://www.woodenrecords.co.uk
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)