ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Lets drink to the salt of the stage!
© Special thanks to Moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Marc Ford leaves the Black Crowes...again Return to archive Page: 1 2
7th September 2006 12:53 PM
polytoxic I guess Marc ends up back with Ben Harper. Too bad about Ed and the smack.
He's such a gentle soul, it's quite a shame.

Glad I caught a couple of shows with the old gang.
7th September 2006 12:56 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
polytoxic wrote:
I guess Marc ends up back with Ben Harper.

Marc got booted from Ben's band in 04 for drugs. Ben replaced him with the guy from the Wallflowers.

I'm still banking on Marc returning to the nest by years end.
7th September 2006 01:01 PM
Altamont
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Marc got booted from Ben's band in 04 for drugs. Ben replaced him with the guy from the Wallflowers.

I'm still banking on Marc returning to the nest by years end.

Sorry, but Marc is quite happy now mowing my lawn. Don't you dare tempt him with drugs! He's clean dammit!
7th September 2006 04:06 PM
duck I think Izzy would fit in well. He might give them a kick,and would help their songwriting. You know cross Izzys stuff and the crowes and it would be good.
7th September 2006 04:12 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
duck wrote:
I think Izzy would fit in well. He might give them a kick,and would help their songwriting. You know cross Izzys stuff and the crowes and it would be good.

I'm a big Izzy fan but he's the wrong fit.

they need a lead type player to fill in for Marc.

The Crowes have the formula down pat: its the Exile era Stones with Rich on the heavy Keith riffs and then Marc Ford or whoever on the soaring Mick Taylor lead parts.

thats the formula. It works. Ford was the perfect Taylor clone. Sadly theres very few that can fit that mold. But I've heard Stacey play with Rich and they've got it down pretty well. All will be fine.
7th September 2006 08:25 PM
mac_daddy

here is the recording my buddy made of marc ford and friends performing last week...

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=500095
8th September 2006 12:29 AM
GimmeExile Thank you, macdaddy!
8th September 2006 10:58 AM
Saint Sway Thanks MacD!

I'm gonna ck out that version of Goddamn Lonely Love
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)