ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Lets drink to the salt of the stage!
© Special thanks to Moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Marc Ford leaves the Black Crowes...again Return to archive Page: 1 2
6th September 2006 04:27 PM
GimmeExile It's a tragic day in Amorica...Ford was the crown jewel of the Crowes. Without him, they are a weakened band.

Yesterday, The Black Crowes were notified by Marc Ford’s attorney that Marc was quitting The Black Crowes and that it was effective immediately.

The last show of The Black Crowes summer tour was on August 12, 2006.
The band has since been on a three week break.
On September 5, two days before the start of the fall tour which begins on
September 7, The Black Crowes attorney received a fax from Marc Ford’s attorney immediately terminating his agreement with The Black Crowes.

The contract between The Black Crowes and Marc Ford stipulates that Marc must provide twelve (12) weeks notice if he wishes to terminate the agreement.

I am not going to comment on the timing of this notification or the way Marc has elected to handle his personal and business affairs with The Black Crowes, however I will state as a matter of fact, that this is not the first time that Marc Ford has breached his agreement with The Black Crowes.

Paul Stacey will be performing with The Black Crowes during the upcoming fall tour and Chris and Rich are currently in discussions with other guitarists.

Pete Angelus
Angelus Entertainment

[Edited by GimmeExile]
6th September 2006 04:29 PM
Saint Sway he'll be back
6th September 2006 04:32 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
he'll be back

he must have read the article in US magazine where Chris Robinson is only expected to earn 100K this year. Again, you cannot harbor any type of respectable drug habit with that type of income.

I would hope that the Robinsons do more duo acoustic shows as they don't seem to have much more to offer with regards to their live show.....and yes, that makes me sad.
6th September 2006 04:32 PM
GimmeExile When? In 10 years?
6th September 2006 04:34 PM
Saint Sway I predict by years end. I expect to see him back onstage with his tail tucked by NYE.

where/what else is he going to do? Go back to playing bars for another 8 years?? Crowes are his ticket.
6th September 2006 04:37 PM
Dan The Crowes are almost back to being a bar band as it is. Time for another 4 year hiatus if they want any sort of demand to see them again.
6th September 2006 04:39 PM
Saint Sway maybe Pug has an opening for Ford?

they could stay in cheap motels and pool their large incomes to pay bars to let them play

6th September 2006 04:42 PM
Some Guy Is the Lost Crowes still coming out?
6th September 2006 04:43 PM
GimmeExile Yes, September 26
6th September 2006 04:44 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Is the Lost Crowes still coming out?

the title just took on a whole new meaning
6th September 2006 05:09 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

the title just took on a whole new meaning

what was the reason for the delay in releasing it? I thought it was set to come out last week?
6th September 2006 05:09 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
maybe Pug has an opening for Ford?

they could stay in cheap motels and pool their large incomes to pay bars to let them play

we have no room for quitters.
6th September 2006 05:11 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

we have no room for quitters.

LOL!

[Edited by Saint Sway]
6th September 2006 05:11 PM
Some Guy
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

what was the reason for the delay in releasing it? I thought it was set to come out last week?

It seems that there was a minor glitch of some type.
6th September 2006 05:16 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

LOL!

actually it looks like y'all have no room period

Shidoobee Sing A Longs are a great time! I did raise a glass to Gazza and downed a tequila shot for Voodoo! In the morning, after a night that featured a few beers....I took a dump for you Sway! You are much loved!
6th September 2006 06:30 PM
mac_daddy the "new" crowes album isnt new at all..

it is the tall album and the band album.

the tall sessions gave birth to amorica. the band was never released, but was recorded around that time, too...

both are terrific, both have made the rounds in bootleg circles...

but apparently, the discs were mislabeled, so the band disc was labelled tall, and the tall disc was labelled the band...

they both smoke, and i cant wait to hear if they sound superior to the boots...

i think marc is kind of into producing and the la thing right now...

they should give audley a call, that guy knows the canon, and he is a great guitar player..

6th September 2006 08:03 PM
Mel Belli Paul Stacey is technically more proficient than Ford and Rich combined, though not as soulful a player. I'm frankly kind of excited to see what they'll sound like. Going to the 9:30 Club in a couple weeks. Ever been there, Sway? It's the best venue I've ever seen the Crowes...
6th September 2006 09:28 PM
Steel Wheels I actually have The Lost Crowes - got an advance copy. Great stuff! Marc Ford sizzles.
6th September 2006 10:02 PM
M.O.W.A.T. Here's something out of left field ---> maybe the Crowes ought to look at getting Izzy Stradlin to replace Marc Ford. Just the right edge there to make the Crowes a more rocking band.

Just a thought.
6th September 2006 10:04 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
M.O.W.A.T. wrote:
Here's something out of left field ---> maybe the Crowes ought to look at getting Izzy Stradlin to replace Marc Ford. Just the right edge there to make the Crowes a more rocking band.

Just a thought.

Nah, Izzy's not much of a lead player. Izzy and Rich together would be redundant mush.
6th September 2006 10:25 PM
Lethargy
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
It's a tragic day in Amorica...Ford was the crown jewel of the Crowes. Without him, they are a weakened band.

Yesterday, The Black Crowes were notified by Marc Ford’s attorney that Marc was quitting The Black Crowes and that it was effective immediately.

The last show of The Black Crowes summer tour was on August 12, 2006.
The band has since been on a three week break.
On September 5, two days before the start of the fall tour which begins on
September 7, The Black Crowes attorney received a fax from Marc Ford’s attorney immediately terminating his agreement with The Black Crowes.

The contract between The Black Crowes and Marc Ford stipulates that Marc must provide twelve (12) weeks notice if he wishes to terminate the agreement.

I am not going to comment on the timing of this notification or the way Marc has elected to handle his personal and business affairs with The Black Crowes, however I will state as a matter of fact, that this is not the first time that Marc Ford has breached his agreement with The Black Crowes.

Paul Stacey will be performing with The Black Crowes during the upcoming fall tour and Chris and Rich are currently in discussions with other guitarists.

Pete Angelus
Angelus Entertainment

[Edited by GimmeExile]

The Crowes are absolutely ridiculous with their membership roster changes. It's reached absurdity now, almost like it's a big prank they keep playing on fans. A little overly Spinal Tap-esque.

Ford out, back in, back out.
Eddie out, back in, back out.
Gorman out, back in.

I bet Sway could provide a full chronicle from their inception of each personnel change.

This time it's a shame, as they've played better than ever in the last two years. Ruined again.

7th September 2006 10:48 AM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
maybe Pug has an opening for Ford?

Funny!!! sadly, that shot is humiliating~~~
7th September 2006 10:51 AM
voodoopug THankfully, the baggage handlers did not harm my guitar loading on and off the airplane!

Sadly, I did not bring my wireless kit with me and was forced to play "hard wired"
7th September 2006 10:55 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

The Crowes are absolutely ridiculous with their membership roster changes. It's reached absurdity now, almost like it's a big prank they keep playing on fans. A little overly Spinal Tap-esque.

Ford out, back in, back out.
Eddie out, back in, back out.
Gorman out, back in.

I bet Sway could provide a full chronicle from their inception of each personnel change.

This time it's a shame, as they've played better than ever in the last two years. Ruined again.

changes mostly have been due to drug problems. As is the case once again this year.

Smack is whack kids.
7th September 2006 10:58 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

changes mostly have been due to drug problems. As is the case once again this year.

Smack is whack kids.

To step out of character for a minute....as a fan of blues driven rock and roll, The instability of the Crowes is really hurting my generation of fans from hearing one of the few great bands out there in its best form. Lets hope this gets sorted out....we do not need anymore manufactured stars or "three chord bands".
7th September 2006 11:05 AM
Steel Wheels Thank God the Crowes released the 2-CD set. I love hearing Marc Ford burning on each track. It's gonna be a favorite album set for me for a long time. The Crowes are nothing without Ford. Snooze-ville.
7th September 2006 11:12 AM
Saint Sway It was great having this lineup back together. But shit happens. Hopefully the bridge isnt burnt to a crisp and Ford can return back once he gets his act together. In the meantime, Paul Stacy is a great fill in. I've heard him jamming with Rich and they sound great together. Shows will still burn IMO
7th September 2006 12:10 PM
Saint Sway heres how its being played out in the press...

Crowes Lose Another Member, Plot New Album

September 06, 2006, 3:30 PM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
Barely a week after parting company with longtime keyboardist Eddie Hawrysch, the Black Crowes' revolving door lineup is in transition again. According to an online post from the band's manager, Pete Angelus, guitarist Marc Ford has left the Crowes on the eve of their fall tour, which begins tomorrow (Sept. 7) in Richmond, Va.

"I am not going to comment on the timing of this notification or the way Marc has elected to handle his personal and business affairs with the Black Crowes, however I will state as a matter of fact, that this is not the first time that Marc Ford has breached his agreement with the Black Crowes," Angelus said.

Ford rejoined the band in the spring of 2005 after an eight-year absence. Guitarist Paul Stacey will play with the Crowes on the fall run but according to Angelus, "discussions with other guitarists" are also underway.

In a statement released by his publicist, Ford said he left the Crowes due to concerns that his health "and all the difficult work he has done to gain his longest period of sobriety ever was in jeopardy while touring."

In the midst of all the lineup changes, Chris and Rich Robinson have been plugging away with Stacey on the first new Crowes album since 2001's "Lions." The as-yet-untitled set is due next year on an undetermined label. Several cuts have been unveiled live in the past year, including "Magic Rooster Blues," "Cold Boy Smile," "Late Nights Again" and "Cut From the Shadow."

As previously reported, the double-disc rarities set "The Lost Crowes" will arrive Sept. 26 via Rhino.
7th September 2006 12:16 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
M.O.W.A.T. wrote:
Here's something out of left field ---> maybe the Crowes ought to look at getting Izzy Stradlin to replace Marc Ford. Just the right edge there to make the Crowes a more rocking band.

Just a thought.

Izzy has been touring with GnR all summer is and is expected to do so this Fall.
7th September 2006 12:20 PM
Saint Sway Izzy went down to Atl and tried out for the Crowes after he quit GNR. Plenty of mutual admiration but it just wasnt the right fit. He and Rich have sporadically kept in touch since.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)