ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Lets drink to the salt of the stage!
© Special thanks to Moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: How To Greet: (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
5th September 2006 05:10 PM
voodoopug I found some tips that our readers can use to help offer a more impressive "first impression" aka "Greeting":

B y the time you finish shaking hands with a new business associate, prospect or acquaintance, he/she has already summed you up. Your physical appearance, voice, attitude, hand-shake -- even your smells -- have sent an instant message to this person. You're either worth getting to know better or you're not.

The same applies to a business. First-time visitors need little time to get a feel for the type of business they're dealing with. From the time they drive into the parking lot to the moment they're greeted by a receptionist, the dynamics of creating a first impression are moving at top speed.

YES! I would like to receive Bottom Line's Daily Health News. It's FREE. Four times each week I'll receive your insights to improve my health and wellness.
E-mail Address:
There's no risk to signing up. Bottom Line's Daily Health News is free. We respect your privacy, and guarantee that we will never rent or sell your email address. And, you can easily unsubscribe at any time.

TAKING CONTROL

The good news is that you have control over the image you -- and your business -- project to others. Learn to package your good physical qualities and exceptional talents and you'll be one step closer to personal and professional success.

To be sure you or your business makes a positive first impression, follow these guidelines...

Greet clients and prospects with a smile. Customers should be warmly welcomed by someone cheerful and pleasant soon after they walk into your place of business. The "greeter" -- you, a receptionist or a salesperson -- has the ability to make or break the customer's first impression of your business. He should be fresh, up-to-date in appearance and well-groomed.

Unfortunate example: A client of mine from Tokyo spent millions of dollars to buy a company in the US. He spared no expense in redecorating and furnishing his office and making it a first-class operation. Then he put an inarticulate, gum-chewing receptionist with slouching posture at the front desk. He certainly made an impression -- the wrong one.

Understand others. People naturally feel an immediate, positive connection to those who empathize with them.

Maintain a positive outlook. People who are upbeat energize those around them.

Be confident, and expect acceptance from others. When you think highly of yourself, others are more likely to value you.

Practice good telephone etiquette. When you call someone, ask him if he has time to speak with you.

Example: "Hello Mr. Smith, this is Sarah Jones with XYZ Co. I'd like to speak with you about Widgets. Is this a good time for you to talk?" Aim: To avoid giving the impression of a high-pressure, intrusive caller.

Speak slooowly after the beep. If you're leaving a recorded message on a voice-mail system, speak a little more slowly than you normally do and be sure to leave your phone number, with the area code, at least once -- preferably twice.

Fax with care. Don't tie up another person's fax line during business hours by sending a long document. And be sure to call the fax recipient before you send anything.

Reason: Many small businesses use the same phone line for faxes and voice communication, and they may need to activate the fax system manually to avoid tie-ups.

Make sure your office, store, factory or restaurant is clean and attractive. This may sound elementary, but cleanliness is one of the most powerful aspects of a first impression. Don't underestimate it.

Create signs, menus, business cards and directions that are clear and readable. These materials should not be cute or fancy -- just easy to read and understand.

Fine-tune phone receptionists' impressions. The person who answers the telephone for your business should have a very nice voice, be easy to understand and treat all callers as if they are royalty.

GROOMING DETAILS FOR MEN

A good haircut is critical. Look in business magazines and newspaper ads to see how people at the top groom themselves, and follow their lead.

Shave that beard. In many cultures, a beard is considered a negative feature -- even low-class. When in doubt, shave it off.

Choose your clothes carefully. For men, good clothes equal power. To save money, buy fewer, high-quality wardrobe staples and create variety by putting them together in interesting ways.

Especially important: Expensive ties and good shoes. Worn-out shoes send a message. If you don't care about yourself, you don't care about other people.

FOR WOMEN

Show your face. If you want to be known for your brains, show your jawline and ears. If you have long hair, pull it away from your face.

Wear makeup, but keep it subtle. Glitz does not earn points for first impressions.

Wear conservative, well-cut, high-quality dresses or suits and low-heeled shoes.

Nails should be well-manicured, but use clear or light-colored nail polish only.

Keep jewelry to a minimum.

A final secret: A positive attitude and empathy for other people are impressions created by those who fly with the eagles.

This is from one of my favorite publications: "The Bottom Line"
5th September 2006 05:12 PM
Some Guy see Jessica Simpson slump thread-
5th September 2006 05:13 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
see Jessica Simpson slump thread-

I posted that there to help jb train his employees as I have found this publication invaluable!
5th September 2006 05:14 PM
Some Guy
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I posted that there to help jb train his employees as I have found this publication invaluable!

Thanks.
5th September 2006 05:18 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
This is from one of my favorite publications: "The Bottom Line"

quote:

YES! I would like to receive Bottom Line's Daily Health News. It's FREE. Four times each week I'll receive your insights to improve my health and wellness.
E-mail Address:
There's no risk to signing up. Bottom Line's Daily Health News is free. We respect your privacy, and guarantee that we will never rent or sell your email address. And, you can easily unsubscribe at any time.

My dear friend Pug,

THE BOTTOM LINE: your posting skills have deteriorated to the point of you having to resort to cut and pasting internet spam to start a thread. Truly humiliating.
5th September 2006 05:19 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

My dear friend Pug,

THE BOTTOM LINE: your posting skills have deteriorated to the point of you having to resort to cut and pasting internet spam to start a thread. Truly humiliating.

you must understand, this was not a post meant to humor, entertain, or offer laughter; rather, this post is designed to help make dreams come true and obtain professional goals.
5th September 2006 05:21 PM
RollingstonesUSA I have a full beard now, that is very well groomed....
5th September 2006 05:25 PM
voodoopug
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:
I have a full beard now, that is very well groomed....

There are always exceptions to even the best set of guidelines.
5th September 2006 05:26 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

you must understand, this was not a post meant to humor, entertain, or offer laughter; rather, this post is designed to help make dreams come true and obtain professional goals.

only if your professional goals are to sell copier machines door-to-door

this is 101 stuff. Even folks with GEDs can figure this stuff out on their own without having to subscribe to a bullshit newsletter.

please stop spamming the board
5th September 2006 05:26 PM
RollingstonesUSA Some have said I look like the guy from the band Alabama, this could be humiliating....
5th September 2006 05:34 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

only if your professional goals are to sell copier machines door-to-door

this is 101 stuff. Even folks with GEDs can figure this stuff out on their own without having to subscribe to a bullshit newsletter.

please stop spamming the board

Sadly, few are able to apply this to their daily lives. Please refer to Kate choosing Owen Fucking Wilson......ugh.
5th September 2006 05:40 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Sadly, few are able to apply this to their daily lives. Please refer to Kate choosing Owen Fucking Wilson......ugh.

but Owen's clean shaven and maintains a positive outlook!!

[Edited by Saint Sway]
5th September 2006 05:42 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

but Owen's clean shaven and maintains a positive outlook!!

[Edited by Saint Sway]

Yes, and he successfully stole the "girl" from yesterday's news (also see: Mandy Smith/Bill Wyman)
5th September 2006 05:43 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Yes, and he successfully stole the "girl" from yesterday's news (also see: Mandy Smith/Bill Wyman)

I've also heard rumors that he faxes with care.
5th September 2006 05:48 PM
Some Guy Are weight loss dreams still coming true?
5th September 2006 05:49 PM
Jumping Jack "Maintain a positive outlook. People who are upbeat energize those around them."

This does not apply to Stones gatherings. The idea there is to complain more than the next person. Set lists, ticket prices, Ronnie playing, MT's weight are all great ice breakers to depress those around you. Bush Bashing is another great way to lose friends and make enemies!
5th September 2006 05:59 PM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
"Maintain a positive outlook. People who are upbeat energize those around them."

This does not apply to Stones gatherings. The idea there is to complain more than the next person. Set lists, ticket prices, Ronnie playing, MT's weight are all great ice breakers to depress those around you. Bush Bashing is another great way to lose friends and make enemies!

Funny !!!!!

Great Postin '
5th September 2006 06:15 PM
Jumping Jack More Who dates are to be announced next Tuesday when the tour opens in Philly. The second leg is to be built around Omaha. Word!
5th September 2006 06:16 PM
pdog This is a joke right?
5th September 2006 06:30 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
pdog wrote:
This is a joke right?

apparently there are actually people like Pug that need to subscribe to newsletters to learn useful tips like:

"Greet clients and prospects with a smile"

and

"Speak slooowly after the beep. If you're leaving a recorded message on a voice-mail system, speak a little more slowly than you normally do and be sure to leave your phone number, with the area code, at least once -- preferably twice."
5th September 2006 08:56 PM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
More Who dates are to be announced next Tuesday when the tour opens in Philly. The second leg is to be built around Omaha. Word!

I would like to nuzzle you .

Actually , I bet Omaha is the last date on the entire tour . Word .

www.QWESTCENTER.com

5th September 2006 09:32 PM
mojoman
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:

the elders of all three desert religons would be happy.
5th September 2006 09:52 PM
Starbuck pug

sadly, you are slumping (see: white sox) and will unfortunately not be available for the postseason (again, see: white sox).

perhaps falling off a cliff will change your perspective. you know, shake things up a bit. (see: my swollen and disfigured foot).

best of luck. you will pull through this, we all agree.

i have to go soak my leg in a tub of bactine.
5th September 2006 09:57 PM
glencar This thread sucks. Please delete ASAP!
5th September 2006 10:32 PM
WJ Thanks for the informative post; I hope you post more helpful hints in the future.
5th September 2006 11:24 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
pug

sadly, you are slumping (see: white sox) and will unfortunately not be available for the postseason (again, see: white sox).

perhaps falling off a cliff will change your perspective. you know, shake things up a bit. (see: my swollen and disfigured foot).

best of luck. you will pull through this, we all agree.

i have to go soak my leg in a tub of bactine.

Did you get your foot caught in a Foreman Grill (See: Michael Scott)
6th September 2006 09:23 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:

Nice! I am almost 40 and still can't grow a good one, but I keep trying. I am not a quitter. Mustache and goat are not bad, hair on my cheeks--weak.

Crap, I am 40. Forgot about the last b-day.

Have you separated or are you on leave?
6th September 2006 04:13 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

TAKING CONTROL

The good news is that you have control over the image you -- and your business -- project to others. Learn to package your good physical qualities and exceptional talents and you'll be one step closer to personal and professional success.

6th September 2006 04:17 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Why must you wear dungaree shorts in the heat?
6th September 2006 04:19 PM
Joey

Nanky ?!

Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)