ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Lets drink to the salt of the stage!
© Special thanks to Moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hard Woman: Never Saw This Before Return to archive
5th September 2006 01:24 PM
Gimme Shelter http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvUx6N8g7WU
5th September 2006 01:28 PM
jb
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvUx6N8g7WU

Beyond dreadful....the beginninbg of the end of Mick and the Stones.
5th September 2006 01:57 PM
aladdinstory obviously a Bianca-inspired song...probably dating back to the 70s in origin. keith should've slit his throat for that video alone, which was probably shot during the DW sessions. he was even barking on the ballads by that point. wtf, was he thinking with this anyways???

i remember seeing it on friday night videos (which replaced SCTV, which was a travesty in and of itself) back in the day, hated it then too. different than the She's The Boss version i believe.
5th September 2006 04:39 PM
gotdablouse That video is notable for the special musical track, more guitar if I remember well, will watch it now. Is that the metropolis looking woman ?

Interesting points about the song being about Bianca, certainly wasn't about Jerry, poor thing.
5th September 2006 05:24 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
aladdinstory wrote:
obviously a Bianca-inspired song...probably dating back to the 70s in origin. keith should've slit his throat for that video alone, which was probably shot during the DW sessions. he was even barking on the ballads by that point. wtf, was he thinking with this anyways???

i remember seeing it on friday night videos (which replaced SCTV, which was a travesty in and of itself) back in the day, hated it then too. different than the She's The Boss version i believe.

VIDEO WAS SHOT THE MONDAY AFTER LIVE AID 7/15/85..HE DID RECUT THE SONG AND MADE IT WORSE
5th September 2006 05:31 PM
Saint Sway even worse... the "Lets Work" is up on that youtube link for all the world to see

thanks for the link

I am now going to go and gouge my eyes out
5th September 2006 06:27 PM
aladdinstory
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

VIDEO WAS SHOT THE MONDAY AFTER LIVE AID 7/15/85..HE DID RECUT THE SONG AND MADE IT WORSE

boy he was really on some kinda videotape hot streak that week! first the "scary" dancin' in the streets vid with bowie and then this.
5th September 2006 09:20 PM
Poison Dart Let's Work is far worse
5th September 2006 09:22 PM
Soldatti I like the album version of HW, the video was silly and the new version even worse.
5th September 2006 09:24 PM
glencar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
even worse... the "Lets Work" is up on that youtube link for all the world to see

thanks for the link

I am now going to go and gouge my eyes out

I knew there was a reason to put LW up there!
5th September 2006 09:26 PM
glencar Ah, I remember seeing the World Premiere of this video on Entertainment Tonight.
5th September 2006 10:26 PM
Mel Belli "Hard Woman" was one of the bright spots of "She's the Boss." "Lonely at the Top" was good, but a Stones leftover. "Just Another Night" was a great pure Jagger track. "Half a Loaf" wasn't bad. "Lucky in Love," eh.

But, god, was there some crap on that album! Has Mick ever written a song worse than "Secrets"? Seriously.
5th September 2006 10:40 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
But, god, was there some crap on that album! Has Mick ever written a song worse than "Secrets"? Seriously.

Yes, the next one on the same record.
6th September 2006 05:07 AM
maumau got a lot of airing in italian tvs back then
i think now it looks naive but I think it was a state of the art 3d graphics video then
6th September 2006 07:08 AM
corgi37 100% positive there are two versions of the clip too.

And 100% positive he was into ripping off Dire Straits use of "stunning computer graphics".

And 100% of thought "Wow, computers are so cool! That stick figure has so much detail!"
7th September 2006 04:20 PM
miss you for all you "Young-Bucks" commenting on this....It was done because animation would allow it. This was the time off the computer and tv inermingiling. The Stones WHERE/ARE ALWAYS wanting to be the FIRST! Just alittle lesson!
7th September 2006 04:22 PM
Saint Sway Is there any way to notify YouTube to have shit like this removed permanently???

future generations should not be allowed to see this
7th September 2006 04:33 PM
Some Guy
quote:
miss you wrote:
for all you "Young-Bucks" commenting on this....It was done because animation would allow it. This was the time off the computer and tv inermingiling. The Stones WHERE/ARE ALWAYS wanting to be the FIRST! Just alittle lesson!

there is truth in that statement.
7th September 2006 04:41 PM
Saint Sway THE VIDEO BLOWS

quote:
Some Guy wrote:

there is truth in that statement.

7th September 2006 05:22 PM
gotdablouse
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

Yes, the next one on the same record.

Yeah, "Secrets" isn't that bad actually, "She's the Boss" is hideous though, lyrics, music, horrible, Let's Work is even worse.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)