ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Lets drink to the salt of the stage!
© Special thanks to Moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Kim McLagan dead at 57 -- RIP Return to archive Page: 1 2
1st September 2006 09:28 AM
Joey

http://www.austin360.com/music/content/music/stories/2006/08/3kimmclagan.html

" Kim McLagan dead at 57
Wife of musician Ian McLagan killed in two-vehicle collision on FM 969
By Michael Corcoran
AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF
Monday, August 07, 2006
A traffic collision Wednesday claimed the life of Kim McLagan, 57, a top British fashion model of the 1960s, a Bastrop-area salon owner and wife of former Faces keyboardist Ian McLagan.

The couple have lived in Manor since 1994.

The two-vehicle crash occurred at 9:50 a.m. at Taylor Lane and FM 969 in eastern Travis County. Texas Department of Public Safety officials said McLagan died at the scene.

Officials said McLagan was driving a 2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser south on Taylor when she apparently ran a stop sign at the intersection. She was hit by a 2000 Freightline dump truck that was heading west.

As a teenager, Kim Kerrigan was the toast of swinging London, marrying the Who drummer Keith Moon in 1966 and appearing the next year in the worldwide satellite debut of the Beatles' "All You Need Is Love" video. She was divorced from Moon in 1975; he died three years later of an accidental drug overdose.

In 1978, she married Ian McLagan in England. Despite her life there amid fashion and rock stars, Kim McLagan seemed just as suited to the peaceful, rural life outside Manor, where the McLagans lived on 15 acres.

She owned K.M. Skincare on Texas 71 in the Alum Creek community between Bastrop and Smithville. She was a licensed aesthetician and worked for several years at Lake Austin Spa.

McLagan was not one to dwell on her past, friends say.

"I had no idea she used to be a model," said Dick Simcoe, owner of Little Thailand restaurant in Garfield, where the McLagans would eat most Friday nights. "She was so beautiful, inside and out. Her and Mac were very much in love."

Growing up as Patsy Kerrigan on her father's rubber plantation in Malaysia, the doe-eyed beauty changed her name to Kim after her family moved back to London and she began modeling. "Patsy" was too close to Pattie Boyd, another model whom she resembled, and so she became Kim to avoid confusion.

She's survived by a daughter, Mandy Moon, the product of her stormy marriage to the Who drummer. The McLagans, who were married for 28 years, had no children together.

After years in Los Angeles, the couple moved to Manor after the California city's 1994 earthquake.

Ian McLagan soon established himself as a fixture on the Austin music scene, in recent years playing a popular early show with his Bump Band every Thursday at Lucky Lounge in Austin.

"Kim just loved it out here," Simcoe said. "She told me she'd never move back to England."

Ellen Moore of the Bastrop Advertiser frequently wrote about the couple in her local scene column.

"There was no one on this earth who didn't think that she was an angel. She was very family-minded, a wonderful, loyal friend," Moore said.

"She was always interested in learning: herbs, whatever, always reading something. She would help people with aches and pains. It was all about keeping them healthy."

1st September 2006 09:43 AM
FotiniD God, that's really awful news

She died August 2. Here's a piece written by Ian:

She is my shining light and always will be. Her life was a testament to love and healing and everyone who met her felt the glow from this warm, loving and giving being. She means everything to me but I know we'll be together again in a better place. She is a flower and a dream, and finally the Angel she always was...Her family and friends are spread all over the world but the outpouring of love for her is just a reflection of the love she gave. She said, "You get what you give" and as always she's absolutely right.

Kim is an Angel, finally.

RIP Kim
[Edited by FotiniD]
1st September 2006 09:57 AM
Nellcote Joey, no sunlight in Omaha?
This is so old it hurts all over again!
1st September 2006 09:58 AM
Factory Girl Sad news. Can we post a pic, please?
1st September 2006 10:19 AM
jb Very sad and tragic....RIP.
1st September 2006 10:20 AM
Gazza Surprised so many people were unaware of this, as there was a thread on it shortly after Kim's death

here are a few pix :

(with Mac in 1997)

and from the 70's :

http://www.kmskincare.com/
1st September 2006 10:21 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
Joey wrote:
http://www.austin360.com/music/content/music/stories/2006/08/3kimmclagan.html

Oh dear Lord! Thanks for keeping us updated, Joey!

Here's some more BREAKING NEWS!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A19510-2004Nov2.html
1st September 2006 10:27 AM
Joey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

Oh dear Lord! Thanks for keeping us updated, Joey!

Here's some more BREAKING NEWS!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A19510-2004Nov2.html

********** BREAKING NEWS ALERT *********

" Bush Wins Second Term
Kerry Concedes Defeat; Both Speak of Need for Unity
By Dan Balz
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, November 4, 2004; Page A01

An elated President Bush claimed a reelection victory yesterday after a tumultuous night of vote counting and a gracious concession by challenger John F. Kerry, and he pledged that he would seek to earn the trust of those who did not back him during the long, contentious campaign.

In an explicit appeal to those Americans who voted for Kerry, Bush said: "To make this nation stronger and better, I will need your support, and I will work to earn it. I will do all I can do to deserve your trust. A new term is a new opportunity to reach out to the whole nation."

Bush spoke to jubilant supporters at the Ronald Reagan Building in Washington, where he had planned to go for a pre-dawn victory speech after he had won Florida's 27 electoral votes and appeared to have locked up Ohio's 20 votes. He postponed that event when Kerry declined to concede the election overnight and signaled a possible fight over the vote totals in Ohio.

But an hour before Bush's appearance, an emotional Kerry took the stage at Boston's historic Faneuil Hall to offer Bush his congratulations and a formal concession. The Massachusetts senator had called Bush earlier to convey the same message privately. Kerry snuffed out the hopes of many Democrats who were eager to keep the fight for the White House alive by declaring, "We cannot win this election."

Bush will begin his second term with strengthened majorities in the House and Senate. With GOP candidates picking off a string of Democratic open seats, Republicans expanded their Senate caucus from 51 to 55 members -- a significant gain but still not a filibuster-proof margin. Senate Minority Leader Thomas A. Daschle (S.D.) lost his reelection bid to former congressman John Thune (R). In the House, the GOP added three seats and could emerge with a 29-seat majority once all the races are concluded.

With the second term that eluded his father secured, Bush pivoted to the task of trying to heal a nation that appeared on Tuesday as culturally and geographically divided as the country that produced the disputed presidential election in 2000. Vice President Cheney said that Bush had run on a clear agenda and that "the nation resounded by giving him a mandate."

Bush's speech offered an olive branch to the opposition, but he provided no hint of policy concessions to the Democrats. He outlined a domestic agenda that included broad tax reform and a proposal to allow younger workers to establish personal accounts with some of their Social Security payroll taxes. Many Democrats oppose his Social Security plans, and he may face partisan opposition on tax reform.

The president also vowed to continue to put the fight against terrorism at the forefront of his agenda, saying, "With good allies at our side, we will fight this war on terror with every resource of our national power so our children can live in freedom and in peace."

His stance on terrorism proved to be a significant political asset on Tuesday, but Bush faces enormous problems in trying to stabilize Iraq and pull off elections there scheduled for early next year. In his speech, the president did not mention the frayed international relationships that also will occupy him now that the election is over.

Bush claimed 51 percent of the popular vote to Kerry's 48 percent, with a margin of about 3.5 million votes, removing the label of minority president that he had carried since 2000. Four years ago, Bush lost the popular vote to Vice President Al Gore, but on Tuesday he became the first president since his father in 1988 to be elected with a majority of all votes cast. Independent Ralph Nader proved to be a non-factor, winning less than 1 percent.

With Ohio in his column, Bush won 30 states and 279 electoral votes. Kerry won 19 states and the District for 252 electoral votes. Iowa and its seven electoral votes remain in doubt. Bush was leading there with 100 percent of precincts reporting, and while counties were still tabulating absentee and provisional ballots, officials in the state said they did not expect a change in the lead. "

1st September 2006 10:50 AM
Factory Girl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Surprised so many people were unaware of this, as there was a thread on it shortly after Kim's death

We at RO like to recycle celebrity death.
1st September 2006 10:55 AM
Saint Sway who cares if Joey posted this late.... can we PLEASE not turn this thread into another bullshit political/board enemies bashing...

show some respect Lugar

Mac is the shit. Great f'in guy! As cool and nice as anyone I've ever met.

just a tragic event... the poor poor guys never gonna be the same

seriously: how long do you think Mac will last without her... I hate to say it but I know from friends in Austin that he's going thru a really hard time and he may never come out of this and ever be the same.... I just wish him the best
1st September 2006 10:57 AM
RollingstonesUSA R.I.P.
1st September 2006 11:18 AM
Joey
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:

Seriously F.G. --- I had no idea she passed away .

I was away on Vacation that week .

Joey
1st September 2006 12:11 PM
Gimme Shelter RIP Kim
1st September 2006 12:13 PM
pdog
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:

It's a hippie/goth thing, No?
1st September 2006 12:23 PM
Maxlugar [quote]Saint Sway wrote:

show some respect Lugar

How DARE you speak to me this way?!

Shut up!
1st September 2006 12:26 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

How DARE you speak to me this way?!

Shut up!

1st September 2006 01:40 PM
gustavobala she was so cute....rewst in peace, Kim!
1st September 2006 03:19 PM
Joey
quote:
gustavobala wrote:
she was so cute....rewst in peace, Kim!

I had No IDEA that she had passed from this orb.

NO IDEA !!!!!!

1st September 2006 03:53 PM
The Wick I bet that only Ronnie will have the decency to send his condolences and call him up. The rest, as usual, won't give a toss.
1st September 2006 04:13 PM
JuanTCB Mac & The Bump Band started their weekly residency last night at the Lucky Lounge in Austin. Must've been a very emotional show.
1st September 2006 07:23 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Joey wrote:

Seriously F.G. --- I had no idea she passed away .

I was away on Vacation that week .

Joey

WHERE DID YA GO? TOPEKA? SAN FRANCISCO?
2nd September 2006 04:36 PM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

WHERE DID YA GO? TOPEKA? SAN FRANCISCO?

Perks ...................................

I Friggin SWEAR that you will NEVER be greeted when THE WHO perform at the Qwest Center this December .

I Friggin SWEAR it --- oh , and your avatar continually MOCKS me .

Why ?!?!

WHY .................... ?!?!
2nd September 2006 04:39 PM
MrPleasant List of deaths through alcohol
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from List of famous deaths through alcohol)
Jump to: navigation, search
This article or section does not cite its references or sources.
You can help Wikipedia by introducing appropriate citations.
This is a list of famous people who died either through alcoholism or alcohol poisoning. Dates of death are listed rather than dates of birth.

Contents [hide]
1 Alcohol poisoning
2 Alcoholism
3 Alcohol abuse
4 See also

[edit]
Alcohol poisoning
Li Bai - 762, Ancient Chinese Poet
Dylan Thomas - 9 November 1953, writer
Bon Scott - 19 February 1980, singer
Keith Whitley - 1989, Country Music Singer
Steve Clark - 1991, Def Leppard Guitarist
[edit]
Alcoholism
Edgar Allan Poe - 7 October 1849, writer
Kemal Ataturk - 10 November 1938, president of Turkey
George Best - 25 November 2005, football player
Brendan Behan - 20 March 1964, writer
John Barrymore - 29 May 1942, actor
Bix Beiderbecke - 6 August 1931,musician
Robert Buck - 19 December 2000, musician
Richard Burton - 5 August 1984, actor
Truman Capote - 25 August 1984, writer
F. Scott Fitzgerald - 21 December 1940, writer
Errol Flynn - 14 October 1959, actor
Alexander Godunov - 18 May 1995, dancer/actor
William Rowan Hamilton mathematician
Lorenz Hart - 22 November 1943, lyricist
Ira Hayes - 24 January 1955, war hero
William Holden - 12 November 1981, actor
Billie Holiday - 17 July 1959, singer
Phil Katz - 14 April 2000, computer programmer
Jack Kerouac - 21 October 1969, writer
Veronica Lake - 7 July 1973, actress
Kevin Lloyd - 2 May 1998, actor
Joseph McCarthy - 2 May 1957, politician
Ron "Pigpen" McKernan - 8 March 1973, musician
Grace Metalious - 25 February 1964, writer
Jim Morrison - July 3, 1971 Musician
Modest Mussorgsky - 28 March 1881, composer
Franklin Pierce - 8 October 1869, U.S. President
Jackson Pollock - 11 August 1956, artist
Jean Stafford - 26 March 1979, writer
Lester Young - 15 March 1959, musician
[edit]
Alcohol abuse
John Bonham - 24 September 1980, musician
Bon Scott - 19 February 1980, musician
[edit]
See also
Lists of people by cause of death
Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_deaths_through_alcohol"
Categories: Articles lacking sources | Alcohol abuse | Lists of people by cause of death | Alcohol-related lists
2nd September 2006 04:40 PM
Moonisup did she stand up again?
2nd September 2006 04:42 PM
Joey

Where is Keith Moon on this list ?
2nd September 2006 04:45 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
Joey wrote:

Where is Keith Moon on this list ?

Overdoses by Drugs
G. G. Allin, heroin.
Jean-Michel Basquiat, painter, heroin.
Ol Dirty Bastard (a.k.a. Russell Tyrone Jones), of rap group Wu-Tang Clan, heart failure induced by cocaine and painkillers
John Belushi, heroin and cocaine speedball, Los Angeles.
Lenny Bruce, heroin.
Darby Crash, of The Germs, heroin.
John Entwhistle, of The Who, cocaine-induced heart attack.
Brian Epstein, sleeping pills.
Chris Farley, Saturday Night Live alumnus, cocaine and heroin, New York City.
Lolo Ferrari, huge knockers.
Judy Garland, sleeping pills.
Andy Gibb, of the Bee Gees, pills and heart problems.
Bobby Hatfield, of the Righteous Brothers, cocaine and heart problems.
Curt Hennig, pro wrestler, cocaine.
Billie Holiday, heroin
Shannon Hoon, of Blind Melon, New Orleans.
Anissa Jones, pigtailed Family Affair actress, barbituates and cocaine.
Brian Jones of the Rolling Stones, drowned during an overdose.
Janis Joplin, heroin and whiskey, Hollywood.
Alvin Karpis, former Public Enemy #1, overdose in Spain.
Frankie Lymon, Frankie Lymon and the Teenagers, heroin, New York.
Robbie McIntosh, of the Average White Band.
Jonathan Melvoin, of Smashing Pumpkins, heroin.
Marilyn Monroe, sleeping pills.
Keith Moon, of The Who.
Pamela Morrison, Jim Morrison's widow, Hollywood.
Brad Nowell, of Sublime.
Christina Onassis, daughter and heir of Aristotle Onassis, diet pills.
Kristen Pfaff, of Hole, heroin.
River Phoenix, actor, numerous drugs.
Dana Plato, Diff'rent Strokes, suicide overdose of valium and loritab.
Elvis Presley, pills and/or other health issues, Memphis.
Dee Dee Ramone, of The Ramones, heroin, Los Angeles.
Stefanie Sargent, of 7 Year Bitch, heroin.
Will Shatter, of Flipper, heroin.
Bobby Sheehan, of Blues Traveler, heroin + cocaine + Valium.
Hillel Slovak, of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Los Angeles.
Layne Staley, of Alice in Chains, heroin and cocaine.
Vinnie Taylor, of Sha Na Na, heroin.
Johnny Thunders, of the New York Dolls, heroin.
Sid Vicious, of the Sex Pistols, heroin.
Andrew Wood, of Mother Love Bone, heroin.
Paula Yates, TV host and girlfriend of deceased rocker Michael Hutchence, heroin, London.
Overdoses by Alcohol
John Bonham of Led Zeppelin, choked on his own vomit.
Steve Clark, of Def Leppard, London.
Neal Cassady, Hipster muse, pills and alcohol, Mexico.
Tommy Dorsey, choked on his own vomit in his sleep.
Jimi Hendrix, barbituates and alcohol, choked on his own vomit, London.
Jim Morrison of The Doors, choked on his own vomit, Paris.
Bon Scott, of AC/DC, choked on his own vomit in a friend's car.
Dylan Thomas, poet.
2nd September 2006 07:33 PM
Joey " Keith Moon, of The Who. "

2nd September 2006 07:45 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Keith Moon, of The Who. "

Ian Maclagan used to party backstage with Keith Moon whenever the Who would hit the English countryside. They used to get canned on flamethrowers and suds.
2nd September 2006 07:47 PM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Ian Maclagan used to party backstage with Keith Moon whenever the Who would hit the English countryside. They used to get canned on flamethrowers and suds.

Moonie .....................

Did I tell you that Kim Moon ( MacLagan ) has passed from this orb ?!?!

Word .

Kins.
2nd September 2006 07:55 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Joey wrote:

Moonie .....................

Did I tell you that Kim Moon ( MacLagan ) has passed from this orb ?!?!

Word .

Kins.

I did not know that my dear Kim Moon died. Great woman. Just a marvelous woman. See, e.g., Tara House. See, e.g., Dougal. See, e.g., Cow Palace on horse tranqs.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)