ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Parmy
Soldier Field, Chicago, IL - 10th September 2005
© 2005 Parmeda, thansk a lot
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hell's Belles (NSC) Return to archive
September 9th, 2005 08:33 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Fans thunderstruck by female AC/DC tribute band
By Tenley Woodman
Saturday, August 27, 2005

AC/DC has a feminine side.

The Australian rockers' testosterone-fueled tunes are celebrated by Hell's Belles, an all-female tribute band playing the Middle East in Cambridge tonight.

Adulation doesn't get more ironic.
With hits like ``Whole Lotta Rosie,'' ``You Shook Me All Night Long'' and ``Big Balls,'' AC/DC isn't necessarily aiming for the female audience.

The Belles transform these bawdy songs into vehicles for feminine empowerment.

``It's kind of an oxymoron,'' said Belles bassist Mandy Reed. ``We are supportive in the female aspect, but we don't change the lyrics. It's sexy.''
The Belles formed in 2000, when then-lead singer Om Jahri sent out an open invitation to female musicians in the Seattle area.

Despite their different genders and ages - Belles singer Jamie Nova, 24, is about half as old as AC/DC guitarist Angus Young - the girls make sure the audience gets the authentic AC/DC experience.

``We've done a lot of studying of the live footage on video,'' Reed said. ``We do try to do their mannerisms on stage. Our Angus, she's him. She's all over the place.''

Young's schoolboy threads and chaotic stage antics are replicated by Adrian Conner, who wears a Catholic school uniform and spins her blond dreadlocks while bouncing around the stage.

Young himself endorsed the Belles during an interview with Blender magazine in 2003, and the girls got the chance to meet their heroes.

``They were actually really super cool, really down-to-earth guys,'' Reed said.

Rest assured their relationship with the band from Down Under is strictly professional.

``I had one guy ask `Who do you think in AC/DC is the hottest?','' Reed said. ``I don't think of them that way. It is like a role model, big brother thing for me. There is a tremendous amount of respect.''

The Belles emulate more than just AC/DC's music. They've been known for a few rock star antics of their own.

``What goes on on the road, stays on the road,'' Reed said demurely, but added, ``One time we did bring back some groupie guys and made them put on thongs that we were selling.'' Or, as the immortal Bon Scott often said, ``She's Got Balls.''
September 9th, 2005 10:27 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Hmnnnn.....I don't know.

September 9th, 2005 04:21 PM
Dan I think I saw them once. Or was that AC/DShe...? Sounded decent but dont really remember much.
September 9th, 2005 04:26 PM
pdog AC/DC she plays around SF alot.
Was the pic from the 80's...
HOT!
September 9th, 2005 08:57 PM
Riffhard That chick on the far left is a man baby! Skanks each and everyone of that lot!

Riffhard
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)