ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Parmy
Soldier Field, Chicago, IL - 10th September 2005
© 2005 Parmeda, thansk a lot
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Guitar World say's Ronnie hooked on "Crack" Return to archive
September 8th, 2005 11:53 PM
JumpinJackFlash Just read the Keith interview, and I quote, "A BIgger Bang guitarist Ronnie Wood was mired in the depths of drug disfunctionality_a severe crack addiction, according to some rumors. Hmmm, Guitar World has balls to say that on a rumor mill.

September 9th, 2005 02:27 AM
FotiniD Hope that's not true. Ronnie's been through some shit lately.
September 9th, 2005 02:30 AM
Monkey Woman Isn't that a confusion with Ronnie's cocaine addiction in the '70s and '80s? He used to do freebase, not crack, though.
September 9th, 2005 02:48 AM
UGot2Rollme freebase = crack = smoking cocaine. This news is 20 years old. By all accounts, Ronnie has been clean and sober since the beginning of the Licks tour.

Thank God for that.

Ronnie B. Goode!
September 9th, 2005 04:45 AM
Voodoo Scrounge You only have Ronnies word on that though dont you. He isnt exactly going to shout it from the rooftops if he is doing it
September 9th, 2005 04:49 AM
beer If anyone is considering buying this issue of Guitar World, Don't. the interview is lame and it certainly aint worth the $8 that they want for the magazine.

-
September 9th, 2005 08:01 AM
lotsajizz word is he had a coke-smoking relapse a few months ago when Krissy passed
September 9th, 2005 08:05 AM
Gazza
quote:
JumpinJackFlash wrote:
Just read the Keith interview, and I quote, "A BIgger Bang guitarist Ronnie Wood was mired in the depths of drug disfunctionality_a severe crack addiction, according to some rumors. Hmmm, Guitar World has balls to say that on a rumor mill.

well, I read that quote with the emphasis on the word was, not is

and yeah, that was a rumour around 20-25 years ago!
September 9th, 2005 08:13 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
UGot2Rollme wrote:
freebase = crack = smoking cocaine. This news is 20 years old. By all accounts, Ronnie has been clean and sober since the beginning of the Licks tour.

Thank God for that.

Ronnie B. Goode!

Only a minor correction here, that crack is way too dirty compared with freebase. Don't worry, I've never touched these things....
September 9th, 2005 08:28 AM
glencar He seems somewhat sober these days!
September 9th, 2005 08:54 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
glencar wrote:
He seems somewhat sober these days!

And according to what so far I've seen lately, he's far lot more focused on playing.

"String us up Ronald"

September 9th, 2005 09:17 AM
The Wick This is completely feasible. Does anyone actually believe that his stints at the clinics, especially the most recent one, were really for alcohol only? He was probably in there mainly for drug problems. It just seems unlikely that this is about some past addiction, and is actually referring to something more current. Besides, when he looks wasted, it can't be only the alcohol that does that to him.
September 9th, 2005 09:22 AM
FotiniD
quote:
The Wick wrote:
This is completely feasible. Does anyone actually believe that his stints at the clinics, especially the most recent one, were really for alcohol only? He was probably in there mainly for drug problems. It just seems unlikely that this is about some past addiction, and is actually referring to something more current. Besides, when he looks wasted, it can't be only the alcohol that does that to him.

Allow me to say that alcoholism is nothing to be taken light-heartedly and yes, it can make you look just as wasted as Ronnie did (if not more). It's as serious an addiction as any drug addiction and can lead you straight to your deathbed if you don't take care of it.
September 9th, 2005 09:22 AM
nankerphelge I ain't buying it -- take a pic of Ronnie in Europe in '82 and compare it to now.

He looks as healthy as I have seen him these past few months.
September 9th, 2005 09:51 AM
jb Maybe he dabbles in it like keith claimed he does with heroin last tour..............:O)
September 9th, 2005 09:53 AM
glencar Don't think that's the sort of things one can just "dabble" in...
September 9th, 2005 10:07 AM
Lord Homosex he isn't doing that shit anymore. One could tell. And I don't think that Jagger, Charlie and Keith would have him in the band anymore if he was. Keith suppoisedly dabbling in H is different. Keith is Keith after all.
And anyone who sayd that alcohol addcition is not "up there" with Cocaine addcition is fooling himself. That shit killed my best friend. Alcoholism is bad
September 9th, 2005 11:27 AM
Saint Sway does anyone know if crack is known to cause people to dance around all goofy and wave their hands in the air when they should instead be - oh, I dunno - playing a guitar.
September 9th, 2005 11:42 AM
Gazza
quote:
The Wick wrote:
This is completely feasible. Does anyone actually believe that his stints at the clinics, especially the most recent one, were really for alcohol only?

Quite frankly, yes. Why shouldnt they have been? Its hardly uncommon and as he's been very public about his addiction to alcohol and the probable outcome if he doesnt beat it, why would he then be secretive about another problem such as drug addiction, something he's struggled with in the past...
September 9th, 2005 01:02 PM
The Wick In a way, we all sound like tossers, because how the hell do we know? Still, it's just a bit of speculative fun. At any rate, why I think he may have been back on the stuff is the reaction of the rest of the band. They have all been very dismissive of him and have noticeably not included his name in any of the interviews and in the words of the Guardian, he sounds like a hired hand. It just brings back memories of 81 when Thorogood was seen as a potential successor. I know it is completely different and he doesn't look like the alien he looked like on that tour, but there just seems to be an air of dissapointment and anger towards him, and I guess that is more down to drugs than alcohol.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)