ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Parmy
Soldier Field, Chicago, IL - 10th September 2005
© 2005 Parmeda, thansk a lot
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: With all their bitching about no airplay where is the video? Return to archive
September 8th, 2005 06:36 PM
Poison Dart The fact of the matter is in 2005 the Stones aren't going to get that much airplay on top 40 radio. Just like McCartney,Clapton, Dylan etc.

BUT there are alternatives. The best of the alternatives would be to get airplay on VH-1. Vh1 is equal to or better than getting played on the biggest of radio markets in the country.

They played Mick's last solo stuff they sure as hell would play Streets of Love (they eat songs like that up)

There is no excuse why there is no video yet. With all the interviews and magazines they are doing how could they not have had a video on the air a month ago?

The album looks like it is going to debut high (most likely #2 in the US #1 in Europe) it is too good of an album to let slip through the cracks. For the album to have legs it must be heard.

How could the publicity machine forget the most important thing, the music?

The Stones have thus far dropped the ball.

Also, they should shoot a video to She Saw Me Coming with well known celeb's and rush that to the video networks.
September 8th, 2005 06:45 PM
Saint Sway they rushed this album and tour together by the seat of the pants. Nothing more than a last ditch effort to cash in. Thus, the video wasnt coordinated with the cd launch. Typically the video for the single will be used a promotional tool and release several weeks b4 the album launch to generate buzz. But this is whole thing has been thrown together last minute. Not sure who to blame? Cohl? Virgin?Jagger?

shit, the stage wasnt even approved in time for when the tix went on sale and they had to hold back the so-called "on stage" seats.

and the album was made using pro-tools in Jaggers living room. And it sounds it.
September 8th, 2005 06:48 PM
Bloozehound even U2 has snazzy new videos to promote their new songs
September 8th, 2005 06:58 PM
pdog
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
even U2 has snazzy new videos to promote their new songs

LOL! Who actually enjoys watching music videos? Once maybe twice for a song you really like alot. Music videos are just commercials put on TV in the guise of entertainment!
MTV et al; suck!
September 8th, 2005 07:03 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
pdog wrote:

LOL! Who actually enjoys watching music videos? Once maybe twice for a song you really like alot. Music videos are just commercials put on TV in the guise of entertainment!
MTV et al; suck!

pdog, I agree with you to an extent, but make no mistake, in this day and age they're a powerful marketing promotional tool
September 8th, 2005 07:24 PM
Saint Sway thank god we have those kick ass Ameriquest commercials airing constantly to promote the tour.

those commercials are so cool and VERY R&R

I love seeing the Ameriquest financial advisor in his suit and glasses working his way thru the crowd to tell us about the advantages of Ameriquest while Mick & the boys entertain the overly enthusiastic faux crowd.

its so bad ass!!

You know the youth of today sees that commercial and thinks the Stones are the coolest!

Much in the same way that Some Girls & Sticky Fingers inspired young rockers to spike up thier hair, turn up their amps, chug Jack Daniels and shag groupies. You know these Ameriquest ads are inspiring a whole new slew of young rockers to invest in bonds and short term cd's.

thats right! The Stones are still the mother fuckin coolest baby!

September 8th, 2005 07:33 PM
Poison Dart Saint Sway hit it on the head. If they are trying to market themselves to financial advisors they are doing a great job.
September 8th, 2005 07:55 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
Saint Sway hit it on the head. If they are trying to market themselves to financial advisors they are doing a great job.

well duh. You think anyone under 45 can afford a $500 ticket.

$500 tickets brings in the old & bold investment bankers. It makes for a great R&R show. I love being at show and being surrounded by old bankers rockin out in pleated slacks and pointed dress shoes. Those crazy accountant types sure know how to throw back the light beer and sing along to IORR.

I like it like it yes I do!
September 8th, 2005 08:02 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

well duh. You think anyone under 45 can afford a $500 ticket.

$500 tickets brings in the old & bold investment bankers. It makes for a great R&R show. I love being at show and being surrounded by old bankers rockin out in pleated slacks and pointed dress shoes. Those crazy accountant types sure know how to throw back the light beer and sing along to IORR.

I like it like it yes I do!

Dude, thats funny, you be trippin.
September 8th, 2005 08:13 PM
Saint Sway yeah the scene is so cocksucker blues man

except its a bunch of old drunk ad salesmen slurring Miss You

woooooo hooo hoooo hooo hoooo hooo hooo

who needs groupies when you have a stadium floor packed with investment bankers who love the warhorses almost as much as they love their wine spritzers

its a bands dream! Feed em Forty Licks and Seagrams Wine Coolers and watch em piss their khakis and unload their wallets

CHA-CHING!!!

[Edited by Saint Sway]
September 9th, 2005 08:13 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
old drunk ad salesmen slurring Miss You...

HEY! Be careful what you say about old drunk ad salesmen...you'll hurt my feelings.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)