ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Parmy
Soldier Field, Chicago, IL - 10th September 2005
© 2005 Parmeda, thansk a lot
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A Sticky Bang Return to archive
September 8th, 2005 05:57 PM
deuce What a title! Anyway, I took some songs off the new album and tried to give it the best Sticky Fingers style song order I could. The song's on Sticky Fingers are in the parenthesis.

The Rolling Stones
A Sticky Bang

1. Rough Justice (Brown Sugar) - Classic stones album opener. Crunchy guitar and driving drums and a great chorus to boot

2. It Won't Take Long (Sway) - Slower, but not SLOW. Good rock song with good guitar solo's

3. Streets Of Love (Wild Horses) - Acoustic style ballad with a nice hook in the chorus

4. Look What The Cat Dragged In (Can't You Hear Me Knocking) - Crunchy guitars are back for this groovin' rocker

5. Back Of My Hand (You Got To Move) - Delta style blues

6. Oh No Not You Again (Bitch) - Great beat, great guitars, great rocker

7. This Place Is Empty (I Got The Blues) - Ballad

8. Laugh, I Nearly Died (Sister Morphine) -Epic, 'haunting' sounding "slow song"

9. Let Me Down Slow (Dead Flowers) - Mid Tempo, country tinged pop rocker

10. Infamy (Moonlight Mile) - The groovy album closer

Now, before any flaming occurs, keep in mind that I am NOT comparing the songs on ABB to those on SF. Infact, if you look at all the songs I listed next to eachother, it's kind of sad how much better the song's on SF are. Infact I think the only ones that contend are RJ and BOMH. The only reason I did this was because the album seemed a little long so for an alternative I wanted to burn myself a shorter version of the album so I decided to have some fun with it and do it in a "Sticky Fingers Tracklisting" style. Try it out if youd like to.

[Edited by deuce]
September 8th, 2005 06:30 PM
White House Lawn Brilliant sequencing! I'm going to throw your ordering into an iTunes playlist.
September 8th, 2005 07:07 PM
texile duece - good point...
what IS it about these songs that doesn't measure up to SF;
September 8th, 2005 07:12 PM
White House Lawn The same reason why Alfred Hitchcock's last few movies weren't as great as his earlier ones!
[Edited by White House Lawn]
September 8th, 2005 08:56 PM
deuce lol this album still rocks though
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)