ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Parmy
Soldier Field, Chicago, IL - 10th September 2005
© 2005 Parmeda, thansk a lot
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Infamy Return to archive Page: 1 2
September 7th, 2005 03:57 PM
Bloozehound I've checked it again and again and am quite certain this is the coolest song on the new album

September 7th, 2005 04:12 PM
gimmekeef I was hoping for a killer on this one.After multi plays I'm a little disappointed.But it does keep playing in my head and heard the live version is quite good...
September 7th, 2005 04:20 PM
Stray Cat UK I MISSTOOK IT JUST FOR A DREAM !

Can't get that line out of my head .
September 7th, 2005 04:25 PM
Poplar
one of the best 3 tunes on there - no doubt.
good "chill'n" song.

September 7th, 2005 04:26 PM
Mr Jimmy Just got back from a couple of weeks in Jamaica so I'm feeling a lot of that Keith/Jamaica connection. I'm really liking Infamy. Although it's close, I'm not going to say it's the best on the album but I'd agree that it's the coolest! A lot of us like to use that very subjective word "groove" and Infamy has the kind of groove that hooks me. And you're right gimmekeef... when I heard them play it at The Phoenix back in August it really grooved. I hope it sounds as good in a stadium but I won't find out for another few weeks. Can't wait.
September 7th, 2005 06:05 PM
Some Guy Good tune!
September 7th, 2005 06:19 PM
maumau i like it a lot
September 7th, 2005 06:31 PM
Bitch It's my new favorite KEITH song! He definately sounds GREAT on the CD and when he sang it at Fenway it was ten times better - really into INFAMY
September 7th, 2005 06:37 PM
kath just got the cd in the mail (with my new t shirt!!!), so am just listening to it for the first time...i LOVE it!! i really like "rain fall down" a LOT!!
September 7th, 2005 07:05 PM
Col Infamy is pretty good. Gets stuck in my head too. Bit repetitave though, was a bit disappointed that it didn't really go anywhere. Still like it lots, I think it would work great in a cool movie or The Sopranos.....
September 7th, 2005 07:12 PM
stonesmik Do you guys all have dirt on your ears? "Infamy" is coomplete crap, that's all. Definitely the low point on "A bigger bang", nothing but a warm fart.
September 7th, 2005 07:22 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
stonesmik wrote:
Do you guys all have dirt on your ears? "Infamy" is coomplete crap, that's all. Definitely the low point on "A bigger bang", nothing but a warm fart.

nope
September 7th, 2005 07:23 PM
Saint Sway Keith is my hero. I really wanted to love this song. But it just makes me cringe.

I wish I heard whatever it is y'all here in it. It really bothers me that a Keith song could sound so corny. Its just so un-keef-like.

I hope I warm up to it someday.
September 7th, 2005 07:26 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Keith is my hero. I really wanted to love this song. But it just makes me cringe.

I wish I heard whatever it is y'all here in it. It really bothers me that a Keith song could sound so corny. Its just so un-keef-like.

nope
September 7th, 2005 07:37 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Keith is my hero. I really wanted to love this song. But it just makes me cringe.

I hope I warm up to it someday.

Yeah,I guess you're right Sway. Infamy is nowhere near as good as Diamond Ring by the Crowes! Baaaaahaaaaaabhhhhhhhaaaaaaa!!!!

Infamy fucking rocks!

"I'm still learnin' my lines baby,since you've rewriten my part." That is a great line right there.

Riffhard

September 7th, 2005 07:49 PM
Soldatti I like the tune, it's cool and funny.
September 8th, 2005 10:31 AM
Saint Sway whats with the guitar intro on this song??? Is Keith playing a guitar?

I think IT SOUNDS LIKE A VIDEO GAME

just awful
September 8th, 2005 10:56 AM
egon i'm working on it. just give me a bit of time

= a bigger bang is NOT a bust ronnie =
September 8th, 2005 10:57 AM
Lethargy I think Infamy is one of the WORST on the album. Lame riff, big time cheesy. This Place Is Empty is a much better, as are most other songs on ABB.
September 8th, 2005 10:59 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
whats with the guitar intro on this song??? Is Keith playing a guitar?

just awful

Keith got an effect on his guitar...quite simple to hear that...
September 8th, 2005 11:00 AM
PeerQueer Infamy is cool.

September 8th, 2005 11:02 AM
blackandblue Nothing wrong with Infamy! Keith sings real good,
better than ever before.
September 8th, 2005 11:03 AM
Zeeta The "piano" sound-effect chuck has on This Place is Empty is shameful.

I wish they had used a real piano man. You can just tell it's a keyboard and it doesn't suit the vibe of the song.

If the Stones are about a feeling more than anything else then just get on the PIANNO and stop getting fucked over by Chuck. Not very organic which I though was the aim of this album!?!

This is my opinion and is not indicative of Rocks Off.
September 8th, 2005 11:05 AM
egon
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I really wish you hadn't said that...
September 8th, 2005 11:08 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

Keith got an effect on his guitar...quite simple to hear that...

yes he does. And the effect sounds like a video game.

the ringer on my phone sounds more like a real intstrument being played than this song does. Its so not Stones. It more Britney Spears. Its awful sounding.
September 8th, 2005 11:10 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

the ringer on my phone sounds more like a real intstrument being played than this song does. Its so not Stones. It more Britney Spears. Its awful sounding.

so feel free to record something with your mobile phone, you will do something better, no doubt about that...
September 8th, 2005 11:15 AM
Lethargy
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Yeah,I guess you're right Sway. Infamy is nowhere near as good as Diamond Ring by the Crowes! Baaaaahaaaaaabhhhhhhhaaaaaaa!!!!

Infamy fucking rocks!

"I'm still learnin' my lines baby,since you've rewriten my part." That is a great line right there.

Riffhard

That is a tasty line to be sure! To bad they are so few and far between on this album.
September 8th, 2005 11:17 AM
Saint Sway I can rock out on my mobile phone. But I expect better from Keef Riff Hard. This song is shameful. It really sounds embarrassing.
September 8th, 2005 11:26 AM
Lethargy The only redeeming quality of Infamy is the harmonica! Mick blows some perfect harp for this tune. I like the chanting towards the end, too, circa X-Pensive Winos.

But my gosh, the GUITAR SUCKS. What a sad statement to make for a keith richards song. Three individual notes on one string, played over and over through some effects box. Good god, how terrible.

If someone played this track without the vocals (and without harmonica) and asked me to name the band, I would never guess the stones.

And just when I was crediting the "rewritten my part" lyric, I was reminded (I'm listening to it now, trying not to dry heave) "...very very clear...abundantly clear..." LAME!
September 8th, 2005 11:27 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I can rock out on my mobile phone. But I expect better from Keef Riff Hard. This song is shameful. It really sounds embarrassing.

Actually, your posts are embarrassing too.

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)