ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Parmy
Soldier Field, Chicago, IL - 10th September 2005
© 2005 Parmeda, thansk a lot
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Charlotte Church: "I can't stand Bob Dylan" (ssc) Return to archive Page: 1 2
September 8th, 2005 07:34 AM
corgi37 Wasnt she like 12 years old, and singing all this light opera shit and aria's and Christmas stuff. Then she grew up, grew some impressive tits, hung out in Ibiza in skimpy bikini (with a typical Pom's gut full of Haddock & chips and black pudding and warm beer) and always smoking?

She was like the Granny's darling, now she's trying for a more relevant image. Sort of Billie Piper - with a good voice. She can sing, no boners about it.

But its the anal and double penetration stuff i am interested in.

Assuming she into it. Which, like any normal wealthy, teen, smoking, bikini wearing, black pudding eating bitch, i would say she is.

Pity about her musical tastes. Hendrix my ass! Get her to name a song. She'd probably say "Delilah". Or, "Wired for sound".
September 8th, 2005 07:54 AM
Gazza
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Wasnt she like 12 years old, and singing all this light opera shit and aria's and Christmas stuff. Then she grew up, grew some impressive tits, hung out in Ibiza in skimpy bikini (with a typical Pom's gut full of Haddock & chips and black pudding and warm beer) and always smoking?

She was like the Granny's darling, now she's trying for a more relevant image. Sort of Billie Piper - with a good voice. She can sing, no boners about it.

But its the anal and double penetration stuff i am interested in.

Assuming she into it. Which, like any normal wealthy, teen, smoking, bikini wearing, black pudding eating bitch, i would say she is.

Pity about her musical tastes. Hendrix my ass! Get her to name a song. She'd probably say "Delilah". Or, "Wired for sound".

"But its the anal and double penetration stuff i am interested in."

You? Never!!!

Your first paragraph is pretty accurate apart from the fact thatshe's Welsh. She'd probably stick a beer glass in your eye if you accused her of being a 'Pom'
September 8th, 2005 11:06 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Charlotte Church is Woman of the Year
Thursday September 8 2005 17:27 IST
IANS

LONDON: Welsh singer Charlotte Church topped off a great personal year by bagging the Woman Of The Year award given by the men's magazine GQ.

"The last award I won was for apparently getting p****d all the time. So it's nice to win one that's about the type of woman I am rather than my social life," she said, according to ananova.com.

Editor of the magazine Dylan Jones said: "Charlotte Church is our Woman Of The Year simply because she is larger than life. She is a great singer, a tabloid giant and enjoys life to the full. She might not be to everyone's taste, but the fact she doesn't care makes her even more wonderful."
September 8th, 2005 10:24 PM
corgi37 Oh, yeah, she's Welsh.

The things she'd do with leeks!

Ooh, baby.
September 8th, 2005 10:37 PM
Riffhard
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Oh, yeah, she's Welsh.

The things she'd do with leeks!

Ooh, baby.

Corgi mate at some point we have GOT to get juiced up and sloppy together! You are one funny fuckin' Austrailian fucker!

Riffhard
September 8th, 2005 11:18 PM
exile

September 9th, 2005 12:03 AM
Riffhard Good Lord! It looks like young Charlotte has the "throat of an angel" judging by that top righthand photo! Nice life for that rugby cat,huh? Gettin' piped by a lovely 19 year old lass with no musical taste on a private yacht!

Oh,and it does not like she has fat ass to me! That ass looks like butter! Visions of Marlon Brando with a stick of butter in Last Tango in Paris comes to mind.

Riffhard
[Edited by Riffhard]
September 9th, 2005 02:14 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
Who the fuck is Charlotte Church?

without wishing to appear out of touch - that's what i was going to ask!!
September 9th, 2005 03:57 AM
ListenToTheLion Never heard of Charlotte Church
September 9th, 2005 04:04 AM
Ten Thousand Motels BIO (2001)

She's an internationally renowned vocalist with a multi-platinum catalogue…and a straight A report card. She's met the Queen and First Ladies, Presidents and the Pope…and prefers to gossip with her girlfriends. She's well versed in the works of Puccini, Rossini…and Harry Potter.
An utterly beguiling mix of phenomenon and typical teenager, Charlotte Church has garnered worldwide acclaim for offering audiences something completely unique -- herself. It's a quality that comes across not only in the dynamics and diversity of her repertoire, but in the captivating charm and poise of this 15 year-old Welsh singing sensation. Matching magnificent talent with a mischievous glint, Charlotte Church not only has the "voice of an angel," but a "wicked cool" flare for life.

Both those elements are in abundant display on her eagerly awaited new Sony release, Enchantment. A dazzling spectrum of musical styles, from classical to Celtic, show tunes to more contemporary pieces, these new selections are brought together by Charlotte's astonishing interpretive abilities. But Enchantment is more than simply a showcase for the young artist's vocal virtuosity.

It is also a revealing glimpse into her vivacious view of life and the exuberance and energy that are as much a part of her appeal as her prodigious talent.

The musical accomplishments of Charlotte Church are, of course, a matter of record…a lot of records. Over the course of three albums in as many years (1998's Voice Of An Angel, 1999's Charlotte Church and last year's Christmas offering, Dream A Dream), she has racked up international sales in excess of eight million units, earning a spot as one of Billboard's Top Ten best selling female vocalists in the US for the year 2000, a list that included everyone from Madonna to Janet Jackson and beyond.

Charlotte is the youngest artist ever to have a NO.1 album in the UK Classical charts, and also the youngest to have a Top 5 hit in the UK album charts. In addition, Charlotte was voted 'Artist Of The Year' at the first Classical Brit Awards in May, 2000. Her concerts are consistently sold out, from the Hollywood Bowl to an appearance before 70,000 fans in London's Hyde Park, and she has shared the studio and stage with a wide array of top artists: everyone from Placido Domingo to Wyclef Jean; Billy Gilman to the London Symphony Orchestra.

Yet, in spite of her extraordinary success, Charlotte has managed to keep a firm grip on the essentials of growing up. Part of a large, closely-knit and highly musical family, she is accompanied on tour by her parents and keeps her grades high with the help of tutors. At home in Cardiff, she maintains a lively circle of friends, with whom she shares the vital interests of every adolescent girl -- fads, fashion and naturally, boys. Her musical tastes run from hip-hop to Broadway to rock…and often all at the same time. She is, in short, every inch a teenager, with all the challenges and changes that come with the territory.

"I have no idea what I'll be doing next week, never mind ten years from now," Charlotte cheerfully admits. "I'm fifteen. I go with the flow. Sometimes, because of my visibility, I'm looked at as a spokesperson for young people. But I haven't come up with any good mottos for my own life yet, much less anyone else's. I guess if I had to give advice I'd say it's important to meet challenges head-on. If there's something you really want to accomplish, but you're scared to try, that probably means you should give it a go. You only live once."

This is a maxim Charlotte has followed throughout her extraordinary career. A gifted singer from the age of nine, she landed a major recording contract after a single appearance on a local TV talent show. While she's never looked back, she also remains remarkably levelheaded about her success. "I never wanted to be famous," she asserts with completely believable candor. "I just wanted to sing. But at the same time, I didn't want to be just another pop star.I love so many different styles of music, I wanted to be able to do them all."

True to her conviction, Charlotte set out to carve a completely unique musical niche for herself, in the process creating a worldwide following that spans borders as easily as it does generations, reaching audiences of every musical persuasion. "I don't mind being considered a classical artist," she reveals, "because that's what my background and training have been. But I don't want to be stuck in any one category. It's true that, because of my age, I don't have the life experience to sing about things like love and death. But, as I get older, I find I can be a bit more of a narrator, telling the story and conveying the emotion of a song. And that opens a whole new world of possibilities."

With Enchantment, Charlotte has fashioned a textured and stylistically diverse tour de force that borrows and blends from a rich musical palate. Adding heartfelt lyrics to the Eric Satie perennial "Gymnopedie," adding South American percussion and flamenco guitar to the classic aria "Habanera" and the English folk tune "All The Pretty Little Horses" -- these are only a few of the musical innovations that make Enchantment Charlotte Church's most assured and accomplished offering to date.

"This album is very different from what's come before," she explains. "I really wanted to try a lot of different things, but at the same time give my audience what they've come to expect from me." It's an expectation gloriously fulfilled on such key tracks as the haunting Celtic lament "Carrickfergus," the jazz-laced rendition of "Can't Help Lovin' Dat Man" and the Broadway show-stoppers "Bali Ha'i", "Tonight" and "Somewhere" -- all stunning showcases for Charlotte's exquisite vocal gift. Along the way, Enchantment also accentuates the artist's ability to make a song completely her own, with versions of "Papa Can You Hear Me?" (from Yentl) and "A Bit Of Earth" (from The Secret Garden), underscoring her instinctive grasp of each song's emotional core.

Able assistance was rendered by a top-notch cast of creative collaborators, among them producer Keith Thomas (whose polished pop touches have graced albums by, among others, Barbra Streisand, Brian McKnight, 98°, Selena and Vanessa Williams), renowned guitarist Jesse Cook (who played and arranged three standout selections) and Rhodri Davies, whose ethereal harp has enhanced Charlotte's "angelic" credentials from the very beginning. Yet, with all the high profile help, Enchantment is an album that bears the unmistakable mark of its confident and charismatic creator.

More Bio....
http://www.charlottechurchfans.com/story/chapt1.html
Not my cup of tea but.....

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
September 9th, 2005 07:23 AM
exile I must admit I had no idea who she was eithier
what kind of music does she sing?
seems like a good sort though...
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)