ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Parmy
Soldier Field, Chicago, IL - 10th September 2005
© 2005 Parmeda, thansk a lot
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Do you hate some thing about the Stones Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
September 6th, 2005 12:00 PM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:
...but we still love the 'little shower of shit' despite it all

*********** IMMEDIATE END TO TRANSMISSION ***********
September 6th, 2005 02:10 PM
keith_tif Jagger's knightood: ridiculous)))) and Jagger's solo tours in the eighties !!! with make up!))
September 6th, 2005 04:03 PM
Jaxx
quote:
Gazza wrote:
...but we still love the 'little shower of shit' despite it all

and there you have it. i'm going to a show or two despite the prices, but i vowed not to pay top dollar. i've been up front (syracuse '81), i've been singled out by mick for a dance and a flash of his boobs (harford '97). club level dancing off turkey dinner works for me (120 for that ticket) the back of msg in jan works for me too (about $185 for that one). i understand the sound is great from there.

btw, with all the money they are making, does anyone know if the stones have formed a foundation? some of my favorite bands contribute money earned to social change, and children's programs among other causes.

greetings joey! glad to see you traded in carson for j.r.ewing.
September 6th, 2005 04:20 PM
Joey
quote:
Jaxx wrote:

greetings joey! glad to see you traded in carson for j.r.ewing.

Hello Jaxx ..........................

September 6th, 2005 10:15 PM
quackenbush I hate that they included "Sweet Neocon" on "A Bigger Bang." If Mick had to release this turkey, why couldn't they just put it on a single as a b-side?
September 8th, 2005 01:51 PM
LuckyWithTheLadies Well said Gazza. I was also suprised and dissappointed to see the lads go back to The-Rolling-Stone's-Greatest-Hits-in-the-stadium kind of shows all over again, specially after they blathered on in interviews about how much they liked the smaller shows and the greater freedom on set lists and about how it breathed new life into the band yada yada yada. Apparently they are more concerned about breathing new life into their bank accounts. One can only assume that they want to be known as the world's richest rock n roll band as well as the world's greatest rock n roll band.

But I wonder if it is all just about money that effects their decisions. I wonder if it isn't just plain easier for mick and keith to get along on a stadium tour. It is pretty obvious they detest each other's persence. I think Charley's comment in 4 flicks about them being like brothers, irritating each other but always getting on, is putting a considerable gloss on things. And under those circumstances I would think a stadium tour would be much more attractive to them. Mick gets to do his extravagent stage shows, which he clearly loves to do. And keith gets to crank out open G riffs for cheering fans, which he clearly loves to do. And it requires little interplay between the two of them. Hell, they could do the shows from separate stages, from different parts of the world if they wanted to. That is how low the musical interplay is between the two great cheiftans. One need only look at video shoot up thru the '81 tour and compare it to nearly any video shot since then to see the difference in comradary(sp) on stage. Or watch their body language in group interviews. Concert for NYC is a good example, they both nearly visibly wince when they lock arms and mug for the camera. I really do think they detest each other.

I don't think the vegas comparison is totally unfair. They really aren't a viable rock n roll band anymore, at least not in the strickest sense. And yeah, they could do a lot more for their hardcore fans in terms of tickets and unreleased material. But it would be totally out of character for them. They never have cared about their fans. They are not a band that encourages a cult following. They have never played that role. Like say, the Grateful Dead have. The Stones have always been about a huge main stream fan base from whom they remain maddeningly aloof. It's their mystic. It's why we love them. It's why CNN covers their tours; and why we read about them, and not Bruce Springsteen, in small local news papers.
September 8th, 2005 03:10 PM
scratched I hate the fact that they make most other music sound shit.
September 8th, 2005 03:44 PM
The Wick Letting Matt Boom Boom Clifford and Blondie Chaplin have any say on any of the songs. And Streets of Love and Bridges.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)