ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Parmy
Soldier Field, Chicago, IL - 10th September 2005
© 2005 Parmeda, thansk a lot
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Do you hate some thing about the Stones Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
September 5th, 2005 08:38 AM
Jair I hate all that the business thing,
but theres no how to avoid it, huh?

[Edited by Jair]
September 5th, 2005 08:41 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Jair wrote:
I hate all that the business thing,
but theres no how avoid it, huh?

the same set list...the fact they play 22 songs in Us and 19 in Europe
September 5th, 2005 08:46 AM
Jair
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

..the fact they play 22 songs in Us and 19 in Europe

Hey, why is that?
You have no patience to listen 22 songs?
September 5th, 2005 08:52 AM
Jumacfly it's because when they come in Europe they re too tired to perform an entire show
September 5th, 2005 09:09 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I dont like quite a few things about the Stones. I dont like the way keith somethimes implies that he had a poor upbringing. Thts strictly not true. He comes from quite a well to do family.

I dont like the way the Stones rip off their fans with expensive memberships to their fan club and ticket prices.

Im sure I will think of a few more
September 5th, 2005 09:11 AM
egon the way the handle the field tickets in europe
(not strickly just the stones).

if you want to stand in the front, you have to show up about
2 weeks before. so no drinky drinky in the pub beforehand.
September 5th, 2005 09:14 AM
kmc i hate the fact that they despise allen klein so much they refuse to sign off on releasing their unreleased material because he has the rights to it.

the beatles did it.
bob dylan continues to do it.
i know a lot of it's on bootlegs, but one can only imagine what else is in the vaults.

now we'll probably get the obligatory live album in a few months and then wait three years for the next tour for new stuff.
September 5th, 2005 09:33 AM
Steel Wheels I hate how despite the fact I've contacted the band several times, they have yet to play my yearly family BBQ.

Truthfully, it would have to be ticket prices, the recent long gap between albums, and...that's about it.
September 5th, 2005 09:42 AM
Gazza The fact that practically everything surrounding the Rolling Stones (concert tickets, fan club memberships etc) costs not only far more than it needs to but far more than it does for every other act on the planet - and all the money obsessive shit that goes with it - eg, keeping a high percentage of tickets for 'corporate' fans, ticket scams that con people into buying the most expensive ones while they hold the 'cheaper' ones back, etc.

Take the obsessive hunger for gouging as much money as possible out of the equation and I can live with any other relatively minor grumbles. They're still there after 43 years and making good records and playing good shows so that outweighs other gripes over setlists, pointless live albums and re-releases and the delay prior to the new album as far as I'm concerned.
September 5th, 2005 09:43 AM
FotiniD
quote:
egon wrote:
the way the handle the field tickets in europe
(not strickly just the stones).

Well Egon, I kinda like the first come first serve basis

a) No golden circles etc. saves you lots of ticket $$$ that you can invest on more gigs
b)The gig becomes even more of an event than it already is
c) You can make great friends waiting outside the stadium for the gates to open

Complaints from the Stones... The whole business side of it (over-the-top ticket prices etc.), the fact that they don't play around as much as they should with stuff like setlists, song selections and recorded material (well, the latter till now, we'll have to wait and see how it turns out) and the fact they're not doing as many club gigs as I'd love to see them doing.

Apart from that, I love the living daylights of 'em
September 5th, 2005 09:47 AM
the good
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
I dont like quite a few things about the Stones. I dont like the way keith somethimes implies that he had a poor upbringing. Thts strictly not true. He comes from quite a well to do family.

I dont like the way the Stones rip off their fans with expensive memberships to their fan club and ticket prices.

Im sure I will think of a few more

Keith came from quite a well to do family? Wasn't his Dad an out of work electrician?
September 5th, 2005 10:11 AM
gimmekeef What I hate is that they are nearing the end of the line and the band that has given me so many thrills over the past 43 years..Will not be able to do that for ever...Thats what I hate....Everything else about tix,setlists ,commercialization..Are annoyances....
September 5th, 2005 10:16 AM
glencar I don't hate anything about the Stones. I have some petty grievances about set lists & the 8 year lay off w/no new album but I am just so looking forward to tomorrow at 3PM when I buy their newest release.
[Edited by glencar]
September 5th, 2005 10:20 AM
Too Tough The one thing I HATE is the use of songs in commercials, although I guess it does have some value in exposing lesser known songs (Monkey Man, She's A Rainbow, Complicated) to people.

What does everybody else think of this?
September 5th, 2005 10:23 AM
glencar That show "Entourage" has been playing many "Let It Bleed" songs lately at the end of episodes. I have to say it's about the poorest use of RS music I've ever seen in a show/movie.
September 5th, 2005 10:32 AM
Voodoo Scrounge He wouldnt have been out of work for very long mate. I have family who lived around the same area as Keith in around about the same time. They were from quite a nice area in respect of housing and so on.
September 5th, 2005 10:44 AM
corgi37 What i hate about them is pretty obvious, and worthy of hatred.

They didnt tour here for 22 bloody years!
September 5th, 2005 11:04 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
He wouldnt have been out of work for very long mate. I have family who lived around the same area as Keith in around about the same time. They were from quite a nice area in respect of housing and so on.

YOU REALLY ARE A FUCKING MORON MATE
September 5th, 2005 11:06 AM
jb Lack of a classic album in over 25 yrs.
September 5th, 2005 11:11 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Whats you problem mate. Know something different. Just passing on what I know.
Dont be so agressive. You will come unstuck one day
September 5th, 2005 11:34 AM
chevysales
quote:
glencar wrote:
That show "Entourage" has been playing many "Let It Bleed" songs lately at the end of episodes. I have to say it's about the poorest use of RS music I've ever seen in a show/movie.

yea last nite gimme shelter.
last week monkey man.

did you know that the shows concept (loosely based on) was about mark walhberg?

hence the excutive producer role on credits.
September 5th, 2005 11:48 AM
glencar Yes so that makes "Johnny Drama" his NKOTB bro, eh?
September 5th, 2005 12:06 PM
Bitch The only thing I will hate is when they no longer exist. I surely hope time is on their side.
September 5th, 2005 12:52 PM
lonecrapshooter I hate it when they play a sloppy shitty version of Tumbling Dice.
September 5th, 2005 01:20 PM
T&A SOL
September 5th, 2005 01:25 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
YOU REALLY ARE A FUCKING MORON MATE

LOL. What happened to the kinder and gentler Bill Perks?
September 5th, 2005 01:28 PM
gorda Well, the thing I don't like is that Micky has not called me, or invited me to his luxury suite so we can have hot, sweaty sex!
September 5th, 2005 01:32 PM
Ten Thousand Motels ....being stingy with song writing credits.
September 5th, 2005 01:35 PM
texile
quote:
jb wrote:
Lack of a classic album in over 25 yrs.

and that they can be so deluded or disinterested that they are unaware of that fact....
September 5th, 2005 02:49 PM
Jaxx what was once underground, counter culture and rebellion is now main stream and over priced. i think the band has become a parody of themselves.

oh and the lack of bill wyman on bass. sure do miss his contribution.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)