ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rehearsing in México City, Palacio de los Deportes - January 1995
Longest stop in the middle of a tour ever: January 7 to January 25
Photo by Fernando Aceves

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Did you ever wonder... Return to archive
09-09-02 06:03 PM
Mikey how the Stones REALLY operate behind the scenes? For instance:
-how does the production really come together for a tour like this?
-how does KR and RW decide what guitars they are going to use?
-how many guitars do they take, where are they during down times? (Previous reports have indicated about 75 between them for a tour)
-who pays for dinner/drinks when the band goes out?
-what personal effects do band members take with them? (Driver's license, money, ccards, etc)
-what does Tony King/Jake Berry/Pierre de Beauport do in the "offseason".
-how does the band get paid? (Before any of you wiseguys say "in cash", I mean, nightly, monthly, upfront, by wire, by check?)
-how do other celebs like Beck get correct access to Stones facilities, such as backstage, after-events, rehearsals, etc. (I know they have star power, but what I mean is HOW do they know what number(s) or people to contact, its not like they have the Stones' managers numbers on speed dial or the direct line to the tuning room at the Masonic Aud in Toronto - or do they.

I have always been fascinated by the complete production of the RS machine and hope that the new documentary that is currently being filmed answers some of my questions, but any help to the above or anything else would be appreciated?

Mikey
09-09-02 06:05 PM
The Eggman May this be a string of old responses and continue on and say the asnwer to all of the above.........

MIDNIGHT RAMBLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!