ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rehearsing in México City, Palacio de los Deportes - January 1995
Longest stop in the middle of a tour ever: January 7 to January 25
Photo by Fernando Aceves

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fiji's thread??????? Return to archive
09-08-02 11:05 PM
gypsymofo60 What happened to it?....It was just getting interesting!
09-08-02 11:08 PM
Sir Stonesalot Gazza didn't like it, so it went byebye.
09-08-02 11:28 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Gazza didn't like it, so it went byebye.

...Cheers SS! Hahahaha! That happens to me all the time on an Aussie site....posts get ripped all the time(too politicaly incorrect), why do people have to spoil a good cyber stoush?
09-08-02 11:33 PM
Sir Stonesalot Well, I think it's because threads like that can cause a board to faction, and meltdown.

It's happened at previous Stones boards, and the Admins here don't want it to happen again!

But that was shaping up to be a hum-dinger
09-09-02 01:32 AM
gotdablouse Hum...other threads have been disappearing, like the one called "Orpheum News"...maybe there's a technical glitch ?
09-09-02 08:36 AM
Sir Stonesalot That very well may be...but that other thread was definately locked up by Gazza.
09-09-02 12:59 PM
Fiji Joe I'm cool w/ that. I was merely trying to make a point.
09-09-02 03:23 PM
jb I have found Fiji Joe very hostile and arrogant! I am pleased his post was deleted!
09-09-02 03:39 PM
Riffhard You know I love ya Josh but,that was a joke right?Let me see,who else has been accused of being hostile and arrogant?Hmmmm,I wonder?

Your pal,
Riffhard
09-09-02 03:42 PM
jb Yes,I was joking. However, I was glad to see someone else get the "boot" for a change. By the way, Bill Mcbride , Democratic candidate for Governor, is making Jeb wet his pants. If Mcbride gets by Janet tomorrow, watch out my Republican friend!!!
09-09-02 03:45 PM
Joey " If Mcbride gets by Janet tomorrow, watch out my Republican friend!!!"

Ain't gonna happen ............Janet Reno will win .

The Clintons are already working on making sure it happens !

Skittles

09-09-02 03:47 PM
jb Joey, Janet is a good "guy"..however, her brave stand on Elian was a fatal move in this part of havanna!
09-09-02 03:52 PM
Joey " Joey, Janet is a good "guy"..however, her brave stand on Elian was a fatal move in this part of havanna! "

Why do you say that Josh ???????

I consider that her finest moment .....it easily could have gone on for years and years . ( see Iran hostage crisis ) She took care of that situation quite nicely .

However , even though Janet will get the Democratic nomination , Jeb is quite safe .....he has got a HOT daughter .

Joey ( Strategic political analyst for SE Stones regional affairs )

09-09-02 03:57 PM
Riffhard At the risk of starting another political thread I will only say this.I don't think Jeb has done a very good job of it down there.Especially with the children's welfare programs.We shall see.He shot himself in the foot with that whole fiasco though.I still would have to lean toward the GOP on the vote though but,that's just me.I'm glad that's one race I don'thave to sweat anymore.I've been out of Boca for seven years now.

Riffhard-no more political talk from me
09-09-02 04:04 PM
sirmoonie Josh, have the Cubans been supportive of the Stones?
09-09-02 04:09 PM
jb The cubans have never supported the Stones...they are very hostile to anyone who does not play dominoes!
09-09-02 05:06 PM
Gazza >Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Gazza didn't like it, so it went byebye.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...Cheers SS! Hahahaha! That happens to me all the time on an Aussie site....posts get ripped all the time(too politicaly incorrect), why do people have to spoil a good cyber stoush?

For the record,the THREE of us didnt like it and between us by e-mail we decided to delete it (I voted just to end the thread, majority decision was to delete it entirely - democracy,eh?). Personally speaking,I have little time for political correctness, but I dont see this as an example of that.

No apologies if it pisses people off and no blame game attached to anyone who posted on the thread or anyone's nationality/political opinions,but as I explained when i closed the thread,its a Stones board, not a politics one...once in a while thats fine and appropriate but I've lost count of how many times those kind of threads have turned into a pissing contest as to who can insult someone else's nationality the most. That thread had definitely descended into that category. At the end of it all,no one wins and it simply ends up as an eyesore.

It doesn't belong here,sorry folks. Hopefully that explains why we "spoiled a good cyber stoush", whatever that may be. Almost every Stones board (not to mention the newsgroup) in the last five years has ended up becoming a wasteland because of spam which hasnt been properly dealt with by the people who run the respective sites. It won't happen to this one.
09-09-02 05:22 PM
patioaintdry Gazza -- May I still trash Bon Jovi? Please?
09-09-02 05:29 PM
Gazza yes....its completely relevant - go right ahead...who knows,I might even set up a "Trash The singing Poodle Right Here" page on this site for the required spleen venting.

Unless someone posts that he personifies all thats right and good about Uncle Sam and freedom - and someone from Europe then counters that by saying hes representative of all thats bad about US imperialism, then I doubt we'll have a problem.

youve obviously got an inside knowledge of me when you ask that question as anyone who knows me knows I LOATHE Bon Jovi
09-09-02 05:56 PM
patioaintdry thank you. purely instinct regarding insight into you -- my heritage is Belfast area (grandpappy) and he taught me to loathe talentless pretty boys.

09-09-02 06:04 PM
Gazza no shit???

wow...did you ever find out which part of our fucked up city he came from..? Its not exactly comparable to London in size, maybe its near me!

Grandpaw Patio set a fine example - wish everyone here had relatives who offered such profound words of wisdom. The place would be SO different and so much better!
09-09-02 06:20 PM
patioaintdry i don't recall right now -- my older brother has been to your fine city a couple of times to see the family and knows. I'll check with him.

I've only done the Ireland Dublin-Galway-Ring of Kerry, etc. tour, that was a couple of years ago. I picked up Blind Date Reivsited in Dublin, by the way. A good town. But what is with the Irish Drivers and the paved over goat paths called roads? Feared for my life every time I drove, but it was quite an adventure.
09-09-02 07:13 PM
Gazza LOL...roads are a lot better up north!! (and also in Dublin too of course)

next time youre over,come up here and do some serious imbibing!