ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rehearsing in México City, Palacio de los Deportes - January 1995
Longest stop in the middle of a tour ever: January 7 to January 25
Photo by Fernando Aceves

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Isn't there a club show going on right now? Return to archive
09-08-02 09:40 PM
Maxlugar Anyone from the board there?

Any reports?

Maxy!
09-08-02 09:42 PM
Nellcote Shidobee's board has many details.

09-08-02 09:48 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl The list reported by UGotmerockin and posted by Stonesdoug in Shidoobeeland

EDITED MESSAGE WITH STONESDOUG COMMENTS VERIFIED AT IORR

Jumping Jack Flash
You Got Me Rocking
All Down The Line
Brand New Car
Parachute Woman
Dance Part 1
Everybody Needs Someone To Love
Heart of Stone
Going To a Go Go
Love Train
Slipping Away
Before They Make Me Run
It's Only Rock'n Roll
Rock Me Baby (with Buddy Guy)
Hand of Fate
Can't You Hear Me Knocking
Honky Tonk Women
Start Me Up
Brown Sugar
ENCORE
Tumbling Dice
[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
09-08-02 09:49 PM
Soul Survivor Awesome!
09-08-02 09:51 PM
Maxlugar Thanks guys. I actually just came back from there.

Holy sheep shit!

I'm...having....chest...pains...

Honey, get my helmet!

Fucking great!

(But slipping away? Come on Keith! Stop it!)

I hope to God someone gets a sound board of this!

Maxy!
09-08-02 09:53 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl great setlist, however I see a lot of hot rocks for a club gig
09-08-02 09:54 PM
Nellcote Voodoo,

I agree, with the volume of material rehearsed, I thought fer sure they'd jettisoned the Must Plays...

Oh well, compared to Shepard's Bush, it is enlightening..
09-08-02 09:55 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
great setlist, however I see a lot of hot rocks for a club gig

I agree... it's a shame - I knew they'd do a few, but there seem to be quite a lot.

Still, mixed between all these classic forgotten ones? Great!

Only one to complain about.

"Brand New Car".

Mick, because your album won a Grammy does *not* give you the right to play the crappy songs off of it.

-tSYX --- Well Aiiiiiiiiiiiiiii..... gotta brand new cahhh........
09-08-02 09:56 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Well, alright, Mick and the boys have the *right* to do whatever the fuck they want - they're the Rolling Stones!

And I'm so thrilled!

"Dance Pt. 1"!

-tSYX --- Ooooooooo.... and it's got me movin'!
09-08-02 10:01 PM
Soul Survivor I was hoping they would play "Sway"
09-08-02 10:06 PM
wkoetke So much for all the club show rumors like:

- They'll play an album in its entirety
- "theme" sections, either album or genre
- skipping the greatest hits

All hype...

Of course, it's still a GREAT FANTASTIC set list, perhaps I just get to excited by the hype and possibilities. Too bad they think they still need to play IORR and Start Me Up for the club fan attendees, though...
09-08-02 10:07 PM
Martha When did the show start..... and is it actually over already??!!? That seems strange.

I am thrilled to learn they did Parachute Woman...had a mini premonition that they might perform that one while driving back home tonight after being at a friend's most of the day. Yay!

Thanks for posting the set-list from Stonesdoug's board VooDoo.

....only get 'em off get 'em off....

09-08-02 10:12 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Soul Survivor wrote:
I was hoping they would play "Sway"

Haha!

No chance!

The "If You Can't Rock Me' tSYX betting service calls it again...

And tells Keith to drop "Happy"...

And put in "Before They Make Me Run"...

And the next day...

he does!

-tSYX --- Oh the shark has, pretty teeth, babe...
09-08-02 10:43 PM
Mr T So far I like the arena set the best. Hopefully they play CYHMK & Stray Cat Blues at some stadium shows (like GIANTS!!) come on tSYX, gimme some of that good luck
09-08-02 10:50 PM
wkoetke
quote:
Mr T wrote:
So far I like the arena set the best. Hopefully they play CYHMK & Stray Cat Blues at some stadium shows (like GIANTS!!) come on tSYX, gimme some of that good luck

I agree. Mr T. The arena set list is the best. Isn't that sad? The club show was supposed to be the most unique and best set list for the fans that wanted rarities, but if you compare the lists there are just as many "diamonds in the rough" from the boston arena show as from the orpheum.

I'm disappointed by the club set list list. But maybe it's only because I was so impressed with the arena set list by comparison!!
09-08-02 10:57 PM
CousinCocaine
Some great stuff and nice covers - but let's own up.

I just can't understand why they don't have the balls to ban the Hot rocks ending at such a gig !
Hans
09-08-02 11:01 PM
Martha I agree the arena set list is also my fav, so far.

I don't understand why they have only chosen to perform in only 5 clubs across the U.S. This is a stadium, arenas and clubs tour...so why only 5 clubs total? I think that is strange but maybe it has to do with ticket sales, demographics, or they may not want to do any more than 5..the major cities.

I had so hoped they'd do a club in Cleveland, at least.

So, since there is such a limited number of club shows in the first place and I can't get to any of them for this tour, I am thankful the arena set-list is my fav.

I'm sure being in the club, regardless of the set-list, is unbelievably great! Congrats to those of you who are making it to those. Looking forward to the reviews!!!
09-08-02 11:21 PM
JaggaRichards I don't know why evryone is complaining. The day may come when we have NO Rolling Stones shows to go to! Savor every minute and tune of this tour!
09-08-02 11:21 PM
Stonesdoug correction to tonight's list---the setlist said Tumbling Dice or Midnight Rambler. They are just coming out now for the encore and it's Tumbling Dice. Alos You Can;t Always Get What You Want was not played

But Buddy Guy joined the band for Rock Me Baby
[Edited by Stonesdoug]
09-09-02 12:03 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy *No* "You Can't Always Get What You Want"?

Guess it's true...

*sob*...

-tSYX --- Everybody... needs somebody... (who picked this one too? Well, admittedly, I said it'd make a nice opener... but at least it got played!)
09-09-02 06:09 AM
nankerphelge Wow - kinda surprised at the hits! Not tremendously different from the arena list. Still Parachute Woman, Everybody Needs, HAND OF FATE!
09-09-02 07:28 AM
Maxlugar Come on folks, it still needs to be a Stones show. Some of the biggies go over incredibly better in a club than anywhere else. Has anyone seen JJF from the Double Door gig? DAMN!! It gets the juices flowing. Then they go into a lesser known nugget.

And I think as they get on their feet they drop a few more Hot Rocks songs.

Where are the reviews???

Maxy.
09-09-02 09:36 AM
corgi37 Dont get so elitist on the set lists, folks. Child of the moon wasnt a smash hit, JJflash was. Dance pt 1 is the 2nd worst song on their 2nd worst album. I do however whole heartedly agree that IORR and Start me up can be packed away. What seems a major surprise/disappointment is some really old songs. But, after all, its only the 3rd show. But as far as the obscure songs, can anyone really imagine brown sugar or, say, satisfaction being dumped for a shocker like hand of fate? My ideal set list for a small show would be: Around and around, Gimme shelter, Stray cat blues, Faraway eyes, soul survivor, satisfaction, love is strong, little red rooster, happy, black limousine, worried about you, brown sugar, Carol, JJflash, we love you etc. Encore of come on, tumbling dice and whatever.