ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rehearsing in México City, Palacio de los Deportes - January 1995
Longest stop in the middle of a tour ever: January 7 to January 25
Photo by Fernando Aceves

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: No teleprompter for Mick Return to archive
09-06-02 09:59 AM
CS WORDS FAIL MICK Sep 6 2002

Mick Jagger said no to aides who urged him to use a teleprompter on the Rolling Stones' US tour so he could remember lyrics to 130 songs, sources have claimed.

09-06-02 10:46 AM
Mathijs The telepromter is underneath the stage floor, next to the Stones' monitors and fans, just like they had on the Voodoo Lounge and NS tour. You can see the grills at the front of the stage. Most bands these days prefer the monitors underneath them instead of on the front of the stage.

Mathijs
09-06-02 03:19 PM
Soul Survivor Out of everyone, Mick is the one that needs it the least. When you have been singing "Satisfaction" for about 37 years, you dont screw up to much
09-06-02 04:12 PM
Moonisup well he srewd up iorr alot
09-06-02 04:17 PM
Soul Survivor Moonisup.....email me.........I want some boots you have
09-06-02 04:24 PM
Moonisup How do you know wich boots I have!! You can get them!!

[email protected]
09-06-02 08:29 PM
Gazza >Mick Jagger said no to aides who urged him to use a teleprompter on the Rolling Stones' US tour so he could remember lyrics to 130 songs, sources have claimed.

well,thats bollocks for a start. I saw a two minute clip of "Dont stop" on Sky News the other day from Boston and you could clearly see a teleprompter below Mick's feet. what Mathijs said above is absolutely correct.

09-07-02 05:18 PM
CS Check this pic taken from the IORR review by Peter Lacres from Belgium (http://www.iorr.org/tour02/boston2.htm)

[Edited by CS]
09-07-02 09:01 PM
lotsajizz The pic is "Love Train".
09-07-02 09:10 PM
Soul Survivor how do you know
09-07-02 11:46 PM
1stonesfan Soul Survivor - This is the only song he wore the long white coat for. And the hat.