ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Congratulations Cucho, a second edition! Now printed in Spain
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Steve Jones riffs Return to archive
5th September 2007 11:10 PM
Chuck

5th September 2007 11:16 PM
stonedinaustralia i have that DVD

in fact i have been on a MONSTROUS Pistols jag lately - exacerabted by the knowledge that we are now 30 years on from 1977

over the last 3 months i have lost count of the number of times i have watched Julian Temple's the Filth & the Fury whixh I totally recommend to you all

plus i have been doing at least 15 minutes a day pumping out God Save the Queen on my electric guitar
5th September 2007 11:50 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
i have that DVD

in fact i have been on a MONSTROUS Pistols jag lately - exacerabted by the knowledge that we are now 30 years on from 1977

over the last 3 months i have lost count of the number of times i have watched Julian Temple's the Filth & the Fury whixh I totally recommend to you all

plus i have been doing at least 15 minutes a day pumping out God Save the Queen on my electric guitar

I've watched The Filth & The Fury a bunch of times too in the past few months. Great flick!
5th September 2007 11:52 PM
stonedinaustralia Cool!! - i take it you've checked the director's commentary track too
6th September 2007 12:24 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
Cool!! - i take it you've checked the director's commentary track too

No, but I'd love to hear Temple's commentary. I've actually caught the film on cable a bunch of times. I realy need to pick up the DVD.
6th September 2007 12:58 AM
guitarman53 In my opinion, Filth & the Fury is a great film, it's very honest as to what was going on at the time (mid to late 70's) I think The Sex Pistols were perhaps one of the last rock bands to make a difference, along with The Clash.
6th September 2007 01:03 AM
stonedinaustralia guitarman - i note you are fairly new here so you may have missed the fact that we only recently had the latest episode of the perennial debate - did the pistols specifically and punk generally really matter - in my mind there is no doubt the answer is yes on both counts and temple's film illustrates perfectly why that is so

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
6th September 2007 01:08 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

No, but I'd love to hear Temple's commentary. I've actually caught the film on cable a bunch of times. I realy need to pick up the DVD.

yeah do it - if you liked the film then you will appreciate temple's comments
6th September 2007 03:13 AM
pdog punk rock and the rolling stones, it doesn't get much better for me kids.
6th September 2007 03:36 AM
Altamont Good stuff, thanks for the the link. the EMI riff at 1;35- ish is my fave. I remember the first time I ever heard this.
6th September 2007 09:35 AM
Mr Jurkka Horrible.. what a noob
6th September 2007 12:01 PM
Honky Tonk Man Great clip. Thanks for posting!
6th September 2007 12:11 PM
GotToRollMe I'm even compelled to watch "Sid and Nancy" whenever I catch it on cable. Even though there's some artistic license taken, Alex Cox did a great job on that one, and Gary Oldman is unbelievably good as Sid. And I've always loved the soundtrack pieces by Pray For Rain.

Hard to believe it's been 30 years. We thought we'd never get old.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)